Big Rootz Soil?

Slappy

Anyone have experience with this stuff? Dude at the grow shop was talking highly about it, and had to try it myself. Being primarily coco, I wanted to see how it measured up. I honestly have to say, not too bad. It seems there's only about 3-4 weeks of feed(depending on strain), and has made seed popping a hell of a lot easier. I prolly won't make the switch to soil, but can definitely see it's potential for something straight out of the bag. However, I do add more perlite.

• 4 weeks later...

So far I've had no problem with the first bag. The 2nd...a little. Think one was a wee bit hotter that the other. I'm currently in flush and have got to say I'm pretty impressed. The flowers are not too far off from my coco flowers, in which I'm happier than sh!t on a clam. Very cost effective in the end compared to coco/hydro. However, my coco flowers are way, waaaay louder at a similar size. Also, my soil flowers do grow differently. Perhaps it's because of less synthetics, because I ended up using the same organic/synthetic formula about 3 weeks in? I dunno. Good stuff tho.

Quick update: First bag was awesome! Second bag sucked! Not only was the 2nd bag too "hot", but I also got a new fungus. Hooraaay!!! Not really though. So buyer beware, or at least bake your soil first. I'll post a pic later. But had to kill off the second soil round. Oh well. Sh*t happens. Going back to the coco for sure. 'Cause I'm in LOVE wit da coco".... "I get it for the low low". LOL. My version: "Mix it in da tubs, ....growin nugz wit love"

Edited by Slappy

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up with couple or zips of high to mid-shelf, and maybe another 3/4 of fluff or so. Not bad. The buds do in fact look completely different than what I grow in coco. Instead of the "space weed" I am accustomed to, the Big RootZ produced flower similar to everything I've seen at a dispensary. I'm a sad sad panda. So good for beginners, but not something I'd repeat. Perhaps if the 2nd Bag was good, I'd dial it in more. I'm sticking with my coco method. Less curing time, higher yield, and better flavor with my expertise.