ADDICTION-PRISON-RECOVERY | JESSICA KENT [prison reform]

keith mclaughlin

Montel chats with Jessica Kent on this episode of Let’s Be Blunt. Jessica is a prison reform, addiction and recovery advocate. She is a recovering addict who has been sober for over 9 years! She served time in New York and Arkansas penitentiaries and stepped out of prison for the last time in 2013. Jessica has become a full-time YouTuber with 445k subscribers, and she received her bachelor’s degree in correctional program support services. She uses her platform to help people better understand addiction and the US prison system. She recently revealed on her YouTube Channel that she uses medical marijuana to manage her insomnia, depression, anxiety, and PTSD and has received overwhelming support from her audience.

• 2 months later...

My addiction story is at all not as extreme as hers. She is a very strong person and hearing her story broke my heart. I was addicted to alcohol for almost 8 years. Life has been hell for all that time. I ruined all the relationships I had, lost my home, my job, my friends, my family. I was completely alone. Nothing seemed to help. Until one day, in a stream of emotions, I decided to put myself in this fherehab.com rehab center. I am very happy that that short-term motivation was enough for such a strong move for someone in my position back then. I would later “regret” this decision because withdrawal kicked in. Thankfully, I got sober and as of today, I am 6 years sober! I am now trying to help anyone who is struggling with addiction. That is why seeing Jessica and hearing her story resonates with me so much.

Edited by nudsenma