Help us build our room...please.

rockinlespaul

Looking forward to it brother. I bet you'll be glad when all that bunny muffin is over....

Still working on my new room, also still in court hopefully I will be able to use it on day. That will be a great day we have been in court for to long. My trial starts may 11

Details? Updates? Good luck to you brother.

Well I was busted December 18 2008. I was a qualifying patient. I have CMT it's like MS Ive had it sense I was a child I am now 30. I had 27 small plants 2 guns that I got from my grandfather when I was younger. I waited a year before being charged with MFG 5/45 kilos Maintaining a drug house and Felony fire arm. I never sold I had no where near that much weight and my guns were legal. It's going on 17 months of waiting stress lots of loss I'm one of the many in court and the wait continues. I'm new to owning a computer and am not real good with this site yet.

About the differences between the Radiant 6" Air Cooled reflector and the 6" Cool-Tube reflector....

The Radiant 6" Air Cooled reflector will in fact produce a slightly more precise "foot-print" allowing for a more even light coverage. But that is it's ONLY advantage AND this comes at the huge cost of lesser cooling properties. The rectangular shape of the reflector itself inhibits air-flow through the reflector. This in turn reduces it's cooling efficiency dramatically. Though it is a nice balance between reflectivity and air-coolability it is FAR from more efficient than a cool-tube.

The difference in the foot-prints and light coverage between the two reflectors is completely negligible, especially when considering the high intensity of a 1000w HPS bulb. The Cool-Tube comes with an optional external reflector that mounts right on top of it that puts even more efficiency and versatility to the reflector. I'm suprised ANYONE would say that the Radiant reflector is better than a cool-tube. It's almost ignorant.

The 6" Cool-Tube is by far the better option if heat build up is an issue. The cool tube is the most efficient air-cooled reflector on the market. The cool-tube keeps radiant heat and heat build up to an absolute minimum, allowing the cultivator to put the lights closer to the plants as well as still maintaining a very efficient foot-print. A cool-tube also allows for vertical placement of the reflector while still maintaining its great cooling properties. So it's more versatile in that aspect as well. The cool-tube is indeed a far more efficient reflector... Anyone who says it's not should at least give some reasons as to why.

Right from HydroFarms website (pay close attention to the last 3 properties) -

19" Cool Tube w/ cord

• 6" diameter by 19" long accommodates most lamp types up to 1000W

• Superior packaging protects unit during shipping and handling

• Internal and external reflectors included

• Highest quality European aluminum

• 15' 600v cord and mogul socket included; easily attaches to any Hydrofarm ballast

• The most compact and effective way to get bright light over, or in your growing area

• Streamlined design allows cooling airflow to move unimpeded, keeping growing area temperatures lower and allowing you to position your lamp very close to your plants

• Can hang vertically down into the plant canopy and is ideal for enclosed growth chambers

That's great that you got your heat issue under control by simply changing your ventilation setup. Hope it works out well for you. But remember, summer is fast approaching. You may want to think about those 80-90*F days!

• 3 weeks later...

hey rockinlespaul screwy1 here try to avoid mylar stick with white as pure as you can get panda film seems to work beautifully i have freinds (card holders) who use this method simply draped from ceiling around veg. area and flowering area 1-600w bulb for flower 1-400w for veg. with parabolic reflectors works wonders for yield portable room a-c unit will cut temp. and moisture . the reason behind stayin' away from mylar is that like a mirror it tries to focus the reflection and white is more of a diffused reflection thereby puttin' more usable light to your babies plus the panda film offers 90% reflection rate good luck and happy harvestin'

Archived