Do you want a perfect cure everytime? Do you want it to be really simple well when i started out i know i did so here is a very easy method to use.Purchase one of these little guys from a hydro store or on amazon http://www.amazon.com/CALIBER-DIGITAL-HYGROMETER-CIGAR-HUMIDOR/dp/B001CZLO5W/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1270828439&sr=8-12

Once you are done brown baggin throw your medicine in a glass jar slide this in it also in a few min it will show you the humidity in the jar it gets close but for accurate reading u have to leave it in there overnight.If it shows 70% or above open the jar for a couple hrs if it shows 60% leave it alone it will prob hit 65% over night so what am i aiming for well u want it to be between 60 to 65% humidity 60 for a nice burning smoke 65% more for bag appeal i usally keep mine at 63% hope this helps peace.

Yea i was gonna but i got side tracked but on a side note 60% stems snap bud is crispy brakes down smokes really well in a joint 65% outside crispy inner is sticky as hell you fingers will look like a disco ball after breaking this stuff down! lets see what happens in a few more weeks of good ol cureing.I was also thinking about adding a lemon to the 60% to see if it changes the smell,taste and get it up to 63%.

yea dude im not really trying to take credit for anyone not sure he thought of that on his own eaither prob leard it on a diff forum if i posted links to everything i ever learnd it would kinda be stupid im not trying to steal bunny muffin been several links i posted respect to ppl.I would not post the link on my signature if i was trying to hide sumthing i have learnd so much from that website its not even funny more them my local compassion club and hydro store~!!! so plz check that shiz out~~!! make sure to check out the DYI LINK alot of us dont need this information after awile we develop our 6th sense but others do!

• 2 months later...

I like to smell the moist air that comes out when i burb the containers im curing in... you can always smell a little of that cloraphyl "lawn clippings" type smell. then when you open it and you no longer smell it... and all you smell is pure goodness... you should be good to keep the jars or containers closed. plus the middle of the stems will have a dryer look then when you first started burping... but those are my signs.

I may just be lousy at estimating proper moisture levels for cure, but I found these little hygrometers very useful.  Prior to trying them I had been jarring and 'curing' my meds at 50-55% humidity,  With the help of this unit my last crop went into cure at 60% humidity, and we're all happier for it.

For me at least, the $20 for the meter (actually I bought a few of them) was well worth it, for peace of mind as much as anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived