Rights Revoked ! Please Help

i have been a member of this community for some 7 months now. i have found nothing but compassion and open arms so far. i was finnaly sentenced and took a plea. i got 2 years felony probation and HYTA. my probation stipulations state i have to petition th ecourt for my rights to use medical marijuana on probation and gain the approval of my judge. Im in serious pain and have been going to substance abuse counseling as directed by the court my counselor found that i was opiate dependent and wrote it o my substance abuse report to the court and i discontinued with opiates in december. my check was cashed on december 25 by the mdch. my card will be here any day now. i just need a pro bono attorney to help me in my fight so that i can use my medicine on probation. please help i have no where else to turn, sincerely Grant.

get a hold of matt able, he mite be able to help you. There are different rules on probation. im allowed to use mm on prob, but the first time i did a urine screen and it came up pos for thc, my p.o violated me, the judge wouldnt take my paper work but he gave me over 30 days to get my actual card or report to the jail, I got the card on time and got off,,my p.o obviously dont like that i can use it. but i guess the judge sees it diff so I have not been violated since,

Good Luck!

that gives me hope phaquetoo... i am missing tendons in 2 toes in my foot and have a huge skin grapht and reconstructive surgery holding my foot together ,my feet are different lengths and its messing my spine up so i have scoliosis and muscle spasms now... its hard to sleep at night with the rain and weather changing, im only 19 and i have arthritis lol. i think matt able would want some compensation and i cant afford it because of my attorney fees and court costs.. any lawyer willing to help would be greatly appreciated.

that gives me hope phaquetoo... i am missing tendons in 2 toes in my foot and have a huge skin grapht and reconstructive surgery holding my foot together ,my feet are different lengths and its messing my spine up so i have scoliosis and muscle spasms now... its hard to sleep at night with the rain and weather changing, im only 19 and i have arthritis lol. i think matt able would want some compensation and i cant afford it because of my attorney fees and court costs.. any lawyer willing to help would be greatly appreciated.

matt will either do it pro bono or he will side bar for u with a court appted attny, call him, i wish i had his number i had it, he helped me, he is one heck of a nice guy, and yea there was another on here taking up the cause but he was not a lawyer, but you can check!

Peace

im going to call him today when im headed to lansing. thanks alot phaquetoo. my conditions of probation i recieved today states "you are prohibited from the use of medical marijuana without specific approval from the court on a written motion filed by the defendant".... In another section it states " you must not use or possess any controlled substance or drug paraphanelia, unless prescribed for you by a licensed physician, or be with anyone you know to possess these items.. i also asked about marinol she had no idea what i was talking about and became quite flusterd and confused when i told her that marinol was synthetic thc and fda approved it was provided by a doctor just like any other prescription but i would still fail my drug tests for marijuana... she said she would no longer speak of it until a later date.. ha ha. im transfering my probation to shiawasee county now... like i said im calling matt bale

:D

• 2 weeks later...

You really needed to work that into your probation before making a deal.

I have listened to Abel and Komorn both go over this in lectures time and time again.

Trying to get it cleared now is going to take some serious effort

I wish you luck and am sorry about your situation.

Im hoping you did ok if they stated you cant use mm or have paranphanilia unless a dr. prescribes it to you! but on the other hand a dr dont prescribe mm for you, he signs a recomondation thats says you will benifit from the use of mm for your disabilitys. file the motion and speak the truth, im hoping you catch as good of a break as me!

Peace!

Archived