Mdch Card Errors

ultrafishboy

We have a caregiver who recieved card this week (submiited mid-December). Caregiver received card prior to patient receiving card (patient still hasn't received card). The problem is the caregivers card was issued January 2010 and expired 2/1/2010 (yep, that's right 2/1/2010). Card expired even before it was received. If there going to take so long to get the cards out, could they at least be correct? Caregiver will contact MDCH on Monday.

That is a pathetic mistaken. Shame on them! :angry:

When I first got involved in this, I met a nice couple from the hash bash and signed on with the wife as my caregiver. Really wonderful people. Anyways, they came over to my house, we had a nice discussion and felt very comfortable with each other and we did all the paperwork on the spot.

I sent it in and a month later I get my card. Boy was I excited. I get inside, tear open the letter and my card says in big block letters across the back NO CAREGIVER, and in front on the bootom Able to possess plants:YES.

WTF???? :blink::angry::blink:

Now what do I do? First I called my caregiver and told her what happened then I called the MDCH. I got the answering machine. Left all the important info as quickly and clearly as I could and within two weeks had a new and proper card.

Mind you this was last year and things were still new. Things moved along fairly decent and I actually did talk to someone at the MDCH once and she was very polite and nice. Answered all my questions.

I'm on my 3rd card now, waiting on a 4th one, have gone through two caregivers and am now on my own, and up for renewal soon. :o

Lets hope change is coming soon.....

We have a caregiver who recieved card this week (submiited mid-December). Caregiver received card prior to patient receiving card (patient still hasn't received card). The problem is the caregivers card was issued January 2010 and expired 2/1/2010 (yep, that's right 2/1/2010). Card expired even before it was received. If there going to take so long to get the cards out, could they at least be correct? Caregiver will contact MDCH on Monday.

Shocked but not surprised. Can't tell the number 10 from 11. No wonder the state is in the state it's in.

Caregiver contacted MDCH regarding error this morning. They were confused about her dilemna. After exhaustive clerification by caregiver, MDCH is issuing a new caregiver card today and it will go in the mail tomorrow (they said). When asked about associated patients, MDCH employee said patients' cards would be wrong also; would be re-issued and mailed tomorrow as well.

Reply received from Senator Ron Jelinek office:

We would need this individual's name and address and any other information such as an id number in order to look into this situation.

Tracy Tabor

Leg. Aide

Senator Ron Jelinek

21st District

Post Office Box 30036

Lansing, Michigan 48909

Toll free #: 1-866-305-2121

General office #: 517-373-6960

Fax #: 517-373-0897

Archived