My Situation (Do I Qualify?)

Hey all, I know this is my first post so first off, HI! haha

Ok, I'll get right to the point. Everyday im in extreme pain in my lower back, if i stand for over 4-5 hours the pain becomes unbearable. Static positions (sitting, standing, crouching etc for long periods) is 100% impossible without pain. Dont even want to explain how i feel when we are about to get storms, or during the winter months, we'll just go with "bad" to keep it clean.

I know doctors want solid evidence of constant pain etc. This is why my situation is tricky. I was in 2 car accidents a few years ago back to back months (feb, march). There was no visible damage to me (discs in my back, bone breaks) and doctors couldnt figure out exactly what was wrong. so they just prescribed pain killers for well over a year which led to addiction. towards the end of the 1 year +, my dad dropped me from his insurance forcing me to quit cold turkey and no more doctor visits. so there is about 1 year + of records showing my issues, but no solid diagnosis. I did go to this doctor that did a needless "EMG" ? i think its called, that tests the muscles. which showed clear results that there are issues there. still no diagnosis. so for around 2 years, there are no records.

so for a few years now, every single day has been hell. im sick of taking tylenol every day, i know what it does to my liver....but its all i have. i've never consumed marijuana before, but if its going to make me pain free, i pray to god i can get a MM card.

any input on the likelihood of being approved? my worst nightmare would be to get denied and be forced to continue to live in pain daily....

Get your medical records that you have call a marijuana clinic they can tell You.The one I went to kind of pre screened for free they wouldnt set appointment if you didnt have requirements.Good Luck and I hope You feel better.I know of the pains you speak of when you qualify try infused butter it really helps me and I get no high from it just pain relief.But beware if this is new to you some with low tolerences will feel like their free falling from 80,000 feet

Get your medical records that you have call a marijuana clinic they can tell You.The one I went to kind of pre screened for free they wouldnt set appointment if you didnt have requirements.Good Luck and I hope You feel better.I know of the pains you speak of when you qualify try infused butter it really helps me and I get no high from it just pain relief.But beware if this is new to you some with low tolerences will feel like their free falling from 80,000 feet

the doctors had me on off-brand oxy for around 8 months, so the feeling wouldnt be anything new from what i hear. I may call that MMMCC and talk to them. Is it just based on how compassionate the doctors are? The butter you are talking about, it just has mj in it? or how does that work?

the doctors had me on off-brand oxy for around 8 months, so the feeling wouldnt be anything new from what i hear. I may call that MMMCC and talk to them. Is it just based on how compassionate the doctors are? The butter you are talking about, it just has mj in it? or how does that work?

The compassion the doctors show is the fact they realize as doctors it helps for alot of things.But most traditional doctors will hear nothing of it they may even cut your meds or drop you for bringing it up it happens.Some have family docs that sign but very hard to find.No you have to have documentation its all above board as far as I know. as for making butter its up to the individual I would caution anyone doing this to just make enough for daily use I know what a hassle but if the popo comes I bet they would weigh it.I stay within my limits always I post alot on here.

If you have never tried cannabis before I would think you might want to try it before investing a couple hundred into the doctors appointment and another hundred in the card itself. Yeah its not legal to try it but if you use a little discretion and acquire a very small amount the risks will be minimal.

Ok, I'll get right to the point. Everyday im in extreme pain in my lower back, if i stand for over 4-5 hours the pain becomes unbearable. Static positions (sitting, standing, crouching etc for long periods) is 100% impossible without pain. Dont even want to explain how i feel when we are about to get storms, or during the winter months, we'll just go with "bad" to keep it clean.

I know doctors want solid evidence of constant pain etc. This is why my situation is tricky. I was in 2 car accidents a few years ago back to back months (feb, march). There was no visible damage to me (discs in my back, bone breaks) and doctors couldnt figure out exactly what was wrong. so they just prescribed pain killers for well over a year which led to addiction. towards the end of the 1 year +, my dad dropped me from his insurance forcing me to quit cold turkey and no more doctor visits. so there is about 1 year + of records showing my issues, but no solid diagnosis. I did go to this doctor that did a needless "EMG" ? i think its called, that tests the muscles. which showed clear results that there are issues there. still no diagnosis. so for around 2 years, there are no records.

so for a few years now, every single day has been hell. im sick of taking tylenol every day, i know what it does to my liver....but its all i have. i've never consumed marijuana before, but if its going to make me pain free, i pray to god i can get a MM card.

any input on the likelihood of being approved? my worst nightmare would be to get denied and be forced to continue to live in pain daily....

You do not need medical records, or a diagnosis, you just to be in pain!

I researched MD's for one year before I committed to: Dr. Crocker in Kalamazoo MI.

His fee is 200, It was the easiest process that you can imagine...... :)

You do not need medical records, or a diagnosis, you just to be in pain!

I researched MD's for one year before I committed to: Dr. Crocker in Kalamazoo MI.

His fee is 200, It was the easiest process that you can imagine...... :)

So they will examine me and use discretion based on my current pain levels? I hope the process is easy, I want to become pain free as soon as I can....hate having my days ruined because im in pain, or accidentally getting mad at a loved one because im in pain when they dont deserve it. would it be worth driving down to see him, or would going to MMMCC be okay? just curious as to what you guys think since you know a lot more than i do about this.

PS: Thanks so much for the help everyone, i REALLY appreciate it!

If your doctor was prescribing pain meds to you he / she HAD to give you a 'diagnosis'.

Your records will indicate your condition otherwise your doctor would be practicing 'unprofessionally'.

And as someone already stated you may not need any records if a 'new' doctor finds that you have need of medications due to your current pain.

And any records you have of having been in an auto accident may also help your doctor make a diagnosis for you.

This site has a lot of info on clinics and doctors.

Good luck with it.

If your doctor was prescribing pain meds to you he / she HAD to give you a 'diagnosis'.

Your records will indicate your condition otherwise your doctor would be practicing 'unprofessionally'.

And as someone already stated you may not need any records if a 'new' doctor finds that you have need of medications due to your current pain.

And any records you have of having been in an auto accident may also help your doctor make a diagnosis for you.

This site has a lot of info on clinics and doctors.

Good luck with it.

ahhh, okay that makes more sense! also makes me a little more confident that i'll get approved. now i just need to set up an appointment....i dont even know what i'll do with myself if i was pain free.....

thanks for the help!

So they will examine me and use discretion based on my current pain levels? I hope the process is easy, I want to become pain free as soon as I can....hate having my days ruined because im in pain, or accidentally getting mad at a loved one because im in pain when they dont deserve it. would it be worth driving down to see him, or would going to MMMCC be okay? just curious as to what you guys think since you know a lot more than i do about this.

PS: Thanks so much for the help everyone, i REALLY appreciate it!

when you say mmmcc do you mean mid mich health? dont even ask anyone there for a rec if that is what mmmcc means, they quit me after almost 12 yrs when they did my first ever urine drop last week! I was told they couldnt see me any longer becuase i have thc in my system. I am waiting to see excactly what they put on my records as to why, Im hoping they say just what they said to me, and than I may try and do something about it, bring what records you have, to a thc clinic, I would have to beleive if your dr. was writing you oxcys, that he had to write in your chart why! and id have to beleive he would writed for moderate to chronich pain. and that is a qualifying condition.

Good luck!

when you say mmmcc do you mean mid mich health? dont even ask anyone there for a rec if that is what mmmcc means, they quit me after almost 12 yrs when they did my first ever urine drop last week! I was told they couldnt see me any longer becuase i have thc in my system. I am waiting to see excactly what they put on my records as to why, Im hoping they say just what they said to me, and than I may try and do something about it, bring what records you have, to a thc clinic, I would have to beleive if your dr. was writing you oxcys, that he had to write in your chart why! and id have to beleive he would writed for moderate to chronich pain. and that is a qualifying condition.

Good luck!

sorry for the mis communication on my part, by mmmcc i mean http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuanacertification.com/ i hope you're right about the doc writing why i needed the meds. im just trying to find a doc around grand rapids that has issued certifications for people with my condition before.

I went to the MMMCC clinic, they had me fill out & e-sign a release so they could look at my records, then called to tell me I was approved, went in and THEN paid my $200, was very quick and painless, they set me right up to send in my paperwork that day. I would agree that you should try a small amount first, rather than waste your time and $300 if it doesn't work. Good luck

go to a compassion meeting to get more info, and make some cool new friends...im not sure what county youre in, but if you check the calendar on the home page, you can probably find something within the next month close by you...

or maybe someone can post grand rapids club info here

good luck!

Guest Medicinal Patient

I haven't seen Todd from the GR CC on the boards in a long time. Check these links to find out when their next meeting is and maybe check em out and network with the locals.

Here is a link to the GRCC:

http://grandrapidscompassionclub.ning.com/

Now they were to convert to the West Michigan CC website but the GRCC site is still active, so I would check them both. You need to create an acct to access the WMCC.

Link to WMCC:

http://westmichigancc.ning.com/main/authorization/signIn?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwestmichigancc.ning.com%2F

Archived