Dr May In Howell Mich

does anyboby have any proof that dr mays referrals are valid-i'm getting different stories-i seen in this forum that someone from the mi dept of health said his referrals will be valid if you seen him before the suspension of his licence-however someone told me someone who saw him in january when his licence was valid got a letter from the state that they needed a 2nd dr referral-anyone know for a fact what the case may be-any factual info would be greatly helpful thankx

We had his assistant Kym post not long after the story broke that anyone who got their referral before the date of his suspension is good and I believe someone may have called and got the same info. You can call and leave a message if you are worried about your referral.

I got mine from Dr. May on Jan. 14ish and my check was cashed on Jan. 21st. I have not received any letter from the MDCH asking for a second recommendation. I did know that Dr. May's number was disconnected but I had no Idea that his license was suspended.... I should be getting my card soon, and I will try to remember to post here (in this topic) and let you know.

me and my step mom both seen doc may. he is good to go she got her card i havent got mine yet cause of post office issues. the state has mailed out 2 to me know and i have not recived either one they cashed my check dec 10th. so yes his rec's are good. if only the post office would get it toegther

king of buds

i persoanlly called lansing and left a message about the same issue about doctor may as i seen him on march 5th and lady called me within 2 hrs assured me my recomendatuon is good and i dont need to see another doctor i was worried also check cashed on the 26th march anything before the 24th should hold up she said dont belive what u hear on the street was her words hope this helps

does anyboby have any proof that dr mays referrals are valid-i'm getting different stories-i seen in this forum that someone from the mi dept of health said his referrals will be valid if you seen him before the suspension of his licence-however someone told me someone who saw him in january when his licence was valid got a letter from the state that they needed a 2nd dr referral-anyone know for a fact what the case may be-any factual info would be greatly helpful thankx

We had his assistant Kym post not long after the story broke that anyone who got their referral before the date of his suspension is good and I believe someone may have called and got the same info. You can call and leave a message if you are worried about your referral.

This. I had a 3/30 date with his office, they said they had to reschedule and would call me, I never got a call back so I went to Ayers in livonia. May was a little shady while he was cheaper then most Dr's he didn't want a background check, basically anyone could walk in qualifying or not and get a card. I am assuming that had something to do with his suspension. Also I know he had a past incident which was why their had to be 2 MD's presant at his office. However I know one of my co-workers nephew recommended him due to cost and he got his approval on 3/23 and he has since had his check clear and he's just waiting on his card.

This. I had a 3/30 date with his office, they said they had to reschedule and would call me, I never got a call back so I went to Ayers in livonia. May was a little shady while he was cheaper then most Dr's he didn't want a background check, basically anyone could walk in qualifying or not and get a card. I am assuming that had something to do with his suspension. Also I know he had a past incident which was why their had to be 2 MD's presant at his office. However I know one of my co-workers nephew recommended him due to cost and he got his approval on 3/23 and he has since had his check clear and he's just waiting on his card.

dr.mays suspension had nothing to do with mm recs. he was suspended for writing scripts whithout renewing his license to do so. Also wasn't licensed to run out of his home. my husband and i both recieved our recs from dr.may on march 16th and i thought he was a wonderful man. i was very sorry to hear of his suspension.my husband was a union ironworker and he broke his back and i have rhuemetoid arthritis and fibromyalgia as well as degenerative nerve disorder.our dr.s wouldn't give us recs but they will write scripts for our pain. i for one was very thankful for dr.may.And to ease your minds a little more i too called and was told his mm recs would still be good for those of us that seen him before the suspension. hope this eases some minds.tongue.gif

dr.mays suspension had nothing to do with mm recs. he was suspended for writing scripts whithout renewing his license to do so. Also wasn't licensed to run out of his home. my husband and i both recieved our recs from dr.may on march 16th and i thought he was a wonderful man. i was very sorry to hear of his suspension.my husband was a union ironworker and he broke his back and i have rhuemetoid arthritis and fibromyalgia as well as degenerative nerve disorder.our dr.s wouldn't give us recs but they will write scripts for our pain. i for one was very thankful for dr.may.And to ease your minds a little more i too called and was told his mm recs would still be good for those of us that seen him before the suspension. hope this eases some minds.tongue.gif

I wasn't trying to badmouth him by any means, I apologize if I came off that way as well. I was just simply stating I know several "patients" through him that definitely don't qualify, as well as I know the specific issue that got him in trouble, however don't feel its anything I should specificly post up. I did meet him and he was very pleasant along with the ladies who were at his house. However I do not like the fact that there was no background check, medical record concerns or anything, it was walk in pay him 150, get a card. Whether or not you legitamately qualify, and its scenarios like that, that will give a bad name to the medical community. Believe me about the Dr's not writing recommendations, my Dr would happily give me addictive narcotics but not a card, hence why I tried to go through may and then went though Ayers. I have a severe dislocated AC joint in my right shoulder, I constantly dislocate my arm as well as deal with residual pain, and my Dr would rather me take Muscle relaxers and pain killers which not only have addictive traits but make me unable to properly function at times, on top of that my dr is very aware that I have "An addictive personality" I am very habitual and tend to have addictive like traits even with the simpler things let alone drugs which are definitely addictive.

I wasn't trying to badmouth him by any means, I apologize if I came off that way as well. I was just simply stating I know several "patients" through him that definitely don't qualify, as well as I know the specific issue that got him in trouble, however don't feel its anything I should specificly post up. I did meet him and he was very pleasant along with the ladies who were at his house. However I do not like the fact that there was no background check, medical record concerns or anything, it was walk in pay him 150, get a card. Whether or not you legitamately qualify, and its scenarios like that, that will give a bad name to the medical community. Believe me about the Dr's not writing recommendations, my Dr would happily give me addictive narcotics but not a card, hence why I tried to go through may and then went though Ayers. I have a severe dislocated AC joint in my right shoulder, I constantly dislocate my arm as well as deal with residual pain, and my Dr would rather me take Muscle relaxers and pain killers which not only have addictive traits but make me unable to properly function at times, on top of that my dr is very aware that I have "An addictive personality" I am very habitual and tend to have addictive like traits even with the simpler things let alone drugs which are definitely addictive.

sorry if i came across bitchy i didn't mean too. i was there at the end of the day and there were only a few people there.i herd alot of people were lined up outside his house. i was just saying i was thankful for his rec.and i don't understand why so many dr.s are against mm but will write out meds that imho screw people up way more than mj.

I saw Dr May in January and like lovindragonflys I have severe fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease along with herniated 4 herniated disk and 3 failed spine surgeries. My PC and pain management doctors refused to even hear the benefits of MM, but had no problem with my dependence / addiction to opiates. Dr May is a kind and compassionate doctor who was not shady in the least bit. If not for Dr May there would a lot of people out there who would have no other course but to take addictive prescription drugs. What was shady about an office visit to a doctor who actually listened to his patients and formed his own decision? Do you think he just said yes to everyone who saw him...no he didn't I was there the day he turned down a young man because he didn't believe he was having chronic pain.

Dizz

sorry if i came across bitchy i didn't mean too. i was there at the end of the day and there were only a few people there.i herd alot of people were lined up outside his house. i was just saying i was thankful for his rec.and i don't understand why so many dr.s are against mm but will write out meds that imho screw people up way more than mj.

By no means did you come off that way. Theres been a few incidences I heard where a bunch of people without appointments showed up and made a scene, but thats what happens when the word spreads. I'm very glad for the legitamate people who need the recommendation like I said the only gripe I have is non-qualifying people taking advantage of the situation and what seems to me like a lack of care or respect for the law.

I saw Dr May in January and like lovindragonflys I have severe fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease along with herniated 4 herniated disk and 3 failed spine surgeries. My PC and pain management doctors refused to even hear the benefits of MM, but had no problem with my dependence / addiction to opiates. Dr May is a kind and compassionate doctor who was not shady in the least bit. If not for Dr May there would a lot of people out there who would have no other course but to take addictive prescription drugs. What was shady about an office visit to a doctor who actually listened to his patients and formed his own decision? Do you think he just said yes to everyone who saw him...no he didn't I was there the day he turned down a young man because he didn't believe he was having chronic pain.

Dizz

Shady was the wrong word I guess, but what I was saying is I know a guy who has no qualifying conditions walked in and got his card, then sent about 10 people there who else didn't qualify and paid for their appointments so he and his girlfriend could be their care givers. Not one of them had any legitamate condition nore did they get questioned...

Dizz

there was a young woman that saw him after my husband and she too was turned away.so he may have written out alot of recs but i bet he didn't write anymore than the dr.s at the clinics.and if he would have had a clinic then people wouldn't have been waiting outside.all he had was a couch in his living room.not many people could fit in there so they would have to wait outside. i think imho he is just a old dr.doing the best with what he had. and as he said on the news broadcast their just are not dr.s today that are out to help their patients.they are all about the money.there was just a post on here saying that renewals are costing $200 that is crazy.people should not have to pay that every year.well time for my medicine.thank you dr.may

By no means did you come off that way. Theres been a few incidences I heard where a bunch of people without appointments showed up and made a scene, but thats what happens when the word spreads. I'm very glad for the legitamate people who need the recommendation like I said the only gripe I have is non-qualifying people taking advantage of the situation and what seems to me like a lack of care or respect for the law.

i understand what your saying. there are alot of people taking advantage of it when there is nothing wrong with them. but i bet their are people like that going to every clinic.nice chatting with you jipo have a wonderful day.biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

this upsets me when I see people say he/she should have a card or he/she shouldnt.for me this medical thing is a stepping stone.So you have your card good I'm happy for you but stay out of others business. So many people telling others how they should live there life

Archived