Trouble Finding Quality Organic Soil Grown Meds

OK

I belong and go to a couple of the CC's

I have been to a couple of the dispensaries

I have gone to a couple of the private events.

Medicine is out there that is not the issue.

Quality medicine is.

I do not know if the long timers are still staying in their network underground or

the clubs and dispensaries keep that under the table for themselves and close friends.

but seems everything I am finding is:

1) Hydro which I have always found to be a bit harsher on the throat (even when flushed properly)

2) Most of what I have found is not flushed as people get excited and all of the sudden get $ signs in their eyes and rush

3) Most is harvested too soon, many are not checking their trichomes

4) Trimming..... WOW I know its a pain from when I did grow in college but its soooo important to do

5) Curing, this goes back to the rushing due the the dollar signs or patients pushing to get medicine as they are in need.

Its funny, in the past year I will admit the access to medicine has become much easier but the access to the quality I always

used to get has vanished for me.

I am wondering have others noticed this at all?

Lets hear what you have noticed?

If there is anyone who can help me with this issue please let me know.... PM me

Please do not get me wrong, I am not slamming the current growers... I applaud them all for starting the learning curve and I know the

genuine people will learn to be patient and not rush for the dollar... Those are the ones who survive not people only out for the all mighty dollar.

I applaud the current growers for getting out there and doing it, taking the risk I am not willing to do with the current way the LE is handling things

since they are so new. I am unable to put my business, house and family on the line.... It is not fair to my family. I hope things change soon so I do

not have to be paranoid.

I have to agree. Quality meds are still scarce.

I know a few guys that still grow in soil but not all of them have great smoke.

I've seen a little quality hydro and a little quality in soil this past year.

As far as green meds go I think the bulk of the best is still grown underground for the black market. It takes time for growers to learn how to produce grade A+ buds.

I do soil for that smooth taste that's not often found in hydro meds. It's not about maximum production to me, it's about maximum quality.

Props to the guys out there that strive to grow and produce the best quality medicine. More props to those who are teaching others how to do it. Lord knows it's a needed service.

I grow several plants for one of my terminally ill patients using the Organicare line http://www.americanagritech.com/organicare its OMRI listed

SO far the organic plants have MORE tricomes than my plants grown with Floranova but about half the yield. Personally I will take quality over quantity any day but I have to wait till all is said and done before I can make a good comparison in which I prefer.

Theres also the new line of Organics from GH called General Organics, but I havent found anyone thats tried them to know anything about it.

Good luck finding the right caregiver, theres a few out there that care about the quality of the final product and take the time to do it right the first time.

I grow several plants for one of my terminally ill patients using the Organicare line http://www.americana....com/organicare its OMRI listed

I've been looking for some info on how that line works being that it's OMRI. Suspected that coming from Botanicare that it would be pretty good but hadn't come across anyone that had used it. Thanks for the info.

I have been in contact with a couple people who have pointed me in various

directions for the help but nothing yet.

Most of the contacts I have gotten are at least 2 hrs from Metro Detroit and Id rather not drive that far (but will!)

If anyone is in Metro Detroit please PM or EMail me.

Thanks to everyone whose posted here and contacted me.

As for a CG, I am my own as well as for two friends who are patients and deserve the best (MS and Cancer)

but that is going to take a few mths as all of you know so I am looking for a bit of help for myself and my patients

in the time being.... I am giving them free meds (they give me whatever they want I never ask or expect anything!)

sure I am losing money now but to me it is worth it as the only reason I took on these two is that they are long

close friends whove been screwed over by past caregivers.... They know my situation but said if they do not appoint

me they arent going to appoint anyone but themselves this time (and they wont actually grow) due to privacy and trust.

So I agreed as I do not want to see them without the quality they deserve and they do not have the time or network to

find it (nor do they want to be in the open due to their jobs)

The real problem right now is that too many "caregivers" are trying to cash in on the new law. Another problem is caregivers who don't understand that to bring out true medicinal qualities the herb must me grown 100% organic. When I first came on here there were people recommending using battery acid to balance their ph. The fact of the matter is that the best growers are smokers plain and simple, too many egos out there if you ask me.

Just wondering... how do you know if the plant you've selected for use is quality medicine or not based on it's flavor? Seems to me that the term "medicinal" refers to those plant strains having comparatively higher levels of CBD and other cannabinoids, and also being free of mold and other contaminants. If smoking doesn't taste good, then simply vape or extract the good stuff for edibles.

grow your own then and then you can stop bashing those who do try to provide. so you want medicine that's organic, late picked, finely trimmed, and long cured. good luck with that because that's all personal smoke to somebody and not worth selling for the cheaper prices patients are paying these days. and a caregiver can't sit on his weight for too long before he's got another harvest and 2 ounces ain't bunny muffin.

not to bring up the soil vs. hydro but that's a bunch of BS man. hydro, properly fed and long flushed can be way better than the dirt grown. believe that. good genetics play the biggest role in quality taste and smell,, not fish emulsion and bat bunny muffin.

and i actually prefer a looser trim job because it protects the integrity of the medicine more.

i will agree that a later harvest makes a huge difference in potency. big enough to wait until all the chlorophly and nitrogen is gone and trics are cloudy>amber.

my 2 cents.

Oh the smoke I just cured is oh so sweet! I am so pleasantly pleased with the medicinal quality that blows anything I have gotten off the underground market right out of the water. No harsh throat rash, No brown mexicali, just sweet medical grade MM that came from my efforts, time and love. God bless Michigan! I am definitely feeling no pain tonight. :) There may be CC out there that could make my MM look like dandelions, but it works for me, helps me with my pain, and my stomach isn't cramping to the point of agony. Thank you God! For this wonderful miracle of a plant! It soothes my high blood pressure when I tend my small, yet potent garden, and after harvest, it's a pure pleasure with no side effects!!!

edit: Just had another thought. Being a brand new babe in this thing, though not new to keeping and tending plants in general (my strawberries are doing terrific! and my asparagus is already up!), it can only get better from here. One thing I would say is a must have to new comers. Get a 20X microscope/ magnifying loop. Without this, it makes it difficult, if not impossible to see your tri's turn a beautiful creamy white and seeing the amber ones just blows my mind!

grow your own then and then you can stop bashing those who do try to provide. so you want medicine that's organic, late picked, finely trimmed, and long cured. good luck with that because that's all personal smoke to somebody and not worth selling for the cheaper prices patients are paying these days. and a caregiver can't sit on his weight for too long before he's got another harvest and 2 ounces ain't bunny muffin.

not to bring up the soil vs. hydro but that's a bunch of BS man. hydro, properly fed and long flushed can be way better than the dirt grown. believe that. good genetics play the biggest role in quality taste and smell,, not fish emulsion and bat bunny muffin.

and i actually prefer a looser trim job because it protects the integrity of the medicine more.

i will agree that a later harvest makes a huge difference in potency. big enough to wait until all the chlorophly and nitrogen is gone and trics are cloudy>amber.

my 2 cents.

amen to that

Whose bashing anyone?

Stating my opinion and what my opinion is based off of.

Others clearly agree with me..........

Cheaper prices?

Hmmm obviously you do not know what market prices are for the quality properly cared for medicine.......

Cheaper prices are on the rushed grows........

well if you can right now pay top dollar for properly cared for medicine then why come on here saying you can't find quality medicine? and what dispensaries,if you even want to call it that, are you talking about. i only know of one so far in existence.

and people obviously agree with me so i guess i'm right.... :P

answer this would you pay $500 dollars an ounce for some organic soil blueberry or you could have hydro grown pure thai or original haze for $250.

lots of caregivers are lowering there prices because that's the main concern to many patients, cheap meds, that also why this state has always been full of mexican cartel brick and not good Canadian or Humboldt import. people would rather pay 100 an ounce vs. 400.

I don't see this as a question of right or wrong. It is purely a question of PERSONAL taste. We each have a standard for obtaining our meds. We each want the best we can get for the least price. Be kind to each other. Peace brothers and sisters; pure green peace.

Supply is the issue these days I have encountered with the quality I am after not price

I have no problem properly compensating someone who puts the time and effort to go the soil and organic route and

dedicate the extra time to throughly trim and cure.....

Id pay the extra to get the quality I want... I am not Bill Gates so I wont say price is not an object but

I work hard and lots of hours, I do not spend money at bars or on many other things people do

so yes Id rather spend more for something Id enjoy more and would likely last me longer....

As for those who said grow your own.... Well thats at least 4 mths closer to 5 for full cure and all....

My paperwork is 2 mths old now so even if I did plant the day I visited the Dr Id be 2 mths away.

The irony of it all is I had easier access to the BC & Cali buds at better compensation rates up until around new years or so

I am happy to say in the 20 years I have been medicating its been at least 15 years since I have had any brick or Mexican

What dispensaries??? There are at least 63 running in the state right now (that # was stated by one of the well known MMMJ attorneys in a presentation he made 2 weeks ago I was at)......

Some more in the open than others....

Ones which are very well known and have even been in the papers are Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. There are others like Ferndale which

has been mentioned here and then there are others which are a bit more private.

well if you can right now pay top dollar for properly cared for medicine then why come on here saying you can't find quality medicine? and what dispensaries,if you even want to call it that, are you talking about. i only know of one so far in existence.

and people obviously agree with me so i guess i'm right.... :P

answer this would you pay $500 dollars an ounce for some organic soil blueberry or you could have hydro grown pure thai or original haze for $250.

lots of caregivers are lowering there prices because that's the main concern to many patients, cheap meds, that also why this state has always been full of mexican cartel brick and not good Canadian or Humboldt import. people would rather pay 100 an ounce vs. 400.

I dig the fact that you're willing to pay for quality. Hopefully one day there can be a fair trade open market about this so people looking for something cheap can get that and people looking for A+ connoisseur grade can find that too. All while being somewhat compassionate about pricing.

What dispensaries??? There are at least 63 running in the state right now (that # was stated by one of the well known MMMJ attorneys in a presentation he made 2 weeks ago I was at)......

Some more in the open than others....

Ones which are very well known and have even been in the papers are Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti. There are others like Ferndale which

has been mentioned here and then there are others which are a bit more private.

there is not 63 dispensaries in this state and there isn't one in the open in ferndale, they did pass a law there but the guy wasn't serious about it.

what have you tried from local dispensaries and what did you pay for it?

Really?

You know there are not 63 in Michigan?

Sorry but I would tend to side with the MMMJ Attorneys as they know much more of the scene

than you or I do.

I know of over 20 and new ones opening daily.

Yes there is one in Ferndale, I have been there...

My last visit was the AA disp and they had mostly just variations of kush and some good decent medibles.

don't really know for sure but that sounds like a lot of private sellers stepping up and testing the laws. if you can't post an address or phone number then is that really a dispensary or some secret pot club asking for trouble. takes some balls to do that, the profits are huge in places like that to cover the risks involved. luckily for me i don't have to purchase my meds. i'm just curious what else is out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Still searching but I have to say the quality with some of the growers out there really

has been improving quite nicely.

There are still some people who are not flushing, drying, trimming or curing properly.

I had some lemon cake from one of the private events and it tasted like I was smoking my front

lawn nor did it even have much of an effect. If I had to guess it was not flushed, picked too early

and forget about any cure or trim (yeah I shouldn't have gotten it when I saw the poopy trim job but

I gave it a chance.

Either way it is great to see the community really growing!!!

Anyone else whose a love of organic soil meds send me a message, especially if you grow via soil and organics

as I love to hear your methods for future ref :)

Archived