Hempy Bucket Grow

http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/zipbanger/bucket%20grow/?albumview=slideshow

i read a tutorial the other day about hempy buckets,as i think i'm the only one on the site using them i thought i'd share a few pic's.they're great for newbies.they're cheap and easy,and have alot of advantages over other types of growing.the plants shown were started 2/20 from seed,under a 400watt,in three gal.buckets,used fox farm hydro schedule feeding twice weekly,plants are using one qt of nurts per day..i plan to do my first flush wedsday but plants are showing no signs of nurt.lock ..i also used cal/mag and super thrive.they've been 12/12 under a 600watt for 3 and1/2 weeks.the pic's don't do them justice but i think you get the idea..i'm a hempy guy..zb

Thanks for sharing. That tree you are growing looks nice!

My first attempt failed, (cloning challenged) so have a few questions.

Could you share in detail how you started the plants in the hempy bucket untill the roots get to the water in the bottom?

1. use a fully rooted clone?.....rockwool or rooter plug?

2. Water the medium till the reservoir is full before planting the seedling / clone in hempy bucket?

3. method of watering till roots hit the res?

Thanks for any insight

Good Day

Taj

Thanks for sharing. That tree you are growing looks nice!

My first attempt failed, (cloning challenged) so have a few questions.

Could you share in detail how you started the plants in the hempy bucket untill the roots get to the water in the bottom?

1. use a fully rooted clone?.....rockwool or rooter plug?

2. Water the medium till the reservoir is full before planting the seedling / clone in hempy bucket?

3. method of watering till roots hit the res?

Thanks for any insight

Good Day

Taj

since this is zipbangers thread, and he is the "hempy guy", he will have better answers, but for now i will chime in. IMO rockwool would work fine, but i am not a huge fan.... just too unpredicatble and difficult to maintain the proper moisture level without using hydroton pebbles. i would use a fully rooted clone (plugged) and plant just as in soil. the beauty of the hempy is it has a natural "wick system". the water in the "rez" at the bottom of the bucket is wicked all the way to the top through the perilite balls. they can transfer enough water through themselves to sustain the plant until the roots grow down to the rez themselves. this is of course when the "real" growth happens. :D

i like starting seeds in the small size coco pots,with a mix of coco core,perlite,and vermiculite(?)then transfer to the hempy bucket..for clones i've used both rockwool and pots as above..i had 100% rooting using both ways,i put alittle per/vert mix in the bottom of the trays to keep the rock wool from getting to wet and the coco pots from getting to dry..it seems to work for me.i'm no expert but this method of growing is the easiest way i've found to produce some great meds.

Thanks All for the replies. :)

Zipbanger... I will try this method for getting the clones started, thanks.

When you transfer to the Hempy Bucket do you already have water in it to the point of the water running out the hole in the side?

Wondering as it seemed quite damp at top of bucket (medium) doing it that way.

i wash the vert/per with ph adjusted water,drain out extra,then water by the cup every day until plant roots,by then the bucket rez has nurts in it,you'll know when the roots hit the zone because the plant just explodes with growth.zb

http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab306/zipbanger/bucket%20grow/?albumview=slideshow

i read a tutorial the other day about hempy buckets,as i think i'm the only one on the site using them i thought i'd share a few pic's.they're great for newbies.they're cheap and easy,and have alot of advantages over other types of growing.the plants shown were started 2/20 from seed,under a 400watt,in three gal.buckets,used fox farm hydro schedule feeding twice weekly,plants are using one qt of nurts per day..i plan to do my first flush wedsday but plants are showing no signs of nurt.lock ..i also used cal/mag and super thrive.they've been 12/12 under a 600watt for 3 and1/2 weeks.the pic's don't do them justice but i think you get the idea..i'm a hempy guy..zb

Very nice! Glad to see theirs another hempy user I've been using hempy buckets for 5+ years :) So it looks like its us 2 using them!

Also another good way to get clones to root prior to putting them into the hempy's is Fox Farms light warrior or rapid rooters as they are easy to remove the clone without causing root damage, and they'll breakdown over time if you just put the media into the perlite.

Very nice! Glad to see theirs another hempy user I've been using hempy buckets for 5+ years :) So it looks like its us 2 using them!

Also another good way to get clones to root prior to putting them into the hempy's is Fox Farms light warrior or rapid rooters as they are easy to remove the clone without causing root damage, and they'll breakdown over time if you just put the media into the perlite.

well what do ya know,another hempy guy,lol i just don't understand why there's not more of us..i love my bucket grows,...so far,..lol,,peace all..zb..ps.i'll post pic's when my grow is done..maybe then we can get a few to convert..lol..zb

well what do ya know,another hempy guy,lol i just don't understand why there's not more of us..i love my bucket grows,...so far,..lol,,peace all..zb..ps.i'll post pic's when my grow is done..maybe then we can get a few to convert..lol..zb

Haha ya know, a great man once told me "Sometimes its the simpler things in life that go alot farther" Hempy's are one of those simpler things in my opinion!

Am going to try a hempy bucket again soon, have 2 buckets prepared and some candidates to put in at least one.

First the A/C unit goes in.

Thanks to this thread! :D

Peace

Taj

• 2 weeks later...

tarzan,i've seen your pic's don't change a thing...zb

Thanks " zipbanger " Appreciate the kind words...

The only thing I'm going to fine tune is my feed ...

Want to change to All Organic Feed ...

I gotta do some fine tuning on Improving the Taste ...

• 3 weeks later...

I too am growing in Hempy's at this time. I have nine teenagers that are doing extremely well, and seven infants doing equally as well. I use a modified GH 3-part formula. Right now the nine girls are under one 400w MH. The seven infants are under 4' floro's, 6500k. I intend to finish all of these in hempy buckets. However, I am under construction at the moment, when finished I will be starting everything from that point on in an ebb & flo system. When construction is complete I will have the following rooms: 8x12 veg room, 8x12 bloom room, 4x12 cutting/drying room, 4x8 equipment room for res & controller, and a little room to expand.

These girls are about four weeks from seed.

p_001.jpg

p_002.jpg

This girl is two weeks from seed, and there are seven of them.

p_004.jpg

My construction....

p_005.jpg

I gotta give props for Hempy's, they never let me down. I start my seeds in 2" rockwool cubes until good roots are showing, and transplant right into 5 gal buckets. I do not fill the bucket to max water level in the beginning. I water daily until I know the roots have grown at least half way down to the bottom. Then I keep the 2" of standing solution in the bucket, and add as needed.

phillip

Archived