Pinched My Mother Plant, Now She Bleeds?

Nemosity

Ok, so I am already a believer that this is a miracle plant. However, I was not expecting what happened to me tonight. I have a mother plant, nothing exciting just some really good bag seed from something a friend gave me with the set up I'm using. The odd thing is, now that she is a firm bush, with a stem bigger around than one of those fat pencils kids use, she's getting a bit tall. So, I pinched her tops tonight and rearranged things so I could use a bigger area instead of a bookshelf with doors like I was using. After I got everything situated, I noticed the tops that I had pinched. They look like she is bleeding! It's a thick tar like, sticky, substance that is dark red, nearly brown like dried blood. What is up with this? Just took me by surprise as I never have seen a plant do this. I have seen milky white, like milkweeds, which usually signifies it's poisonous. And I have even heard of a tree in South America that has reddish sap that is used to heal wounds with, although I forget what that tree is called. Can anyone enlighten me as to if this is normal? She seems very, very vigorous and healthy. Thanks in advance.

----Nemo

I have pinched little ones before, or fim'd them and not seen this before. I just transplanted her tonight into a 5 gallon bucket as her roots were all over the bottom of the 3 gallon she was in. Nice healthy white thick roots with many smaller hairs off them. I am growing in dirt, using water and some of my homemade fertilizer, made from fermented rabbit doo, black strap, and little things my mother taught me when I was just a youngin. Things seem to be going well, although you can't use too much of my magic potion or they burn. This momma bleeding totally caught be by surprise. Granted, I am new to this plant, but I would really like to know if this is indicative of something, a certain strain, or just good health. Or do all MM plants ooze blood? lol God I love this plant!!

I am growing in dirt, using water and some of my homemade fertilizer, made from fermented rabbit doo, black strap, and little things my mother taught me when I was just a youngin.

it sounds like everything is fine.... but i think this may be the reason for the unusual "red" liquid. red liquid is kinda rare coming from a marijuana plant..... but then so is fermented rabbit poop and whatever else too :D :D :D

You're fine, Watch the area to make sure it doesn't get infected but it should lump over in time and create a knot at that point. Red sap isn't anything that uncommon, just usually doesn't occur except in plants that are older then your average plant and generally very vigorous. Generally red is haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in alot of plants not just marijuana. However it may be signs of a deficiency as well, in your case I doubt it but I believe magnesium def can cause redding of the inside of stems as well as give this pigment to the sap.

Good info to know. Some of the fan leaves have a stem that is reddish as well, but nothing on the main trunk, which looks more like a young sapling. I didn't notice any color at all directly after I pinched her, it just oozed out after a few minutes, very sticky, today those spots are like dark brown scabs, black even. I moved my vegging plants out of the small secretary they were in and put them in the open room on one wall. Now, each time I go in I get a wonderful bouquet of fragrance from them! I think I'll end up splitting the room and move my flower area out of the other secretary, which will allow me to grow them 7ft tall if I so desire. I can't see using the small pots anymore as they just didn't produce enough. The plants I have flowering now in larger pots are doing much better, denser, taller, fatter buds. However, I only have a few weeks left on a few of them and they just don't seem to be producing much frosty resin. Looking with the 20x scope you can see lots, but just with the naked eye, they aren't like powdered suger or anything. lol But then again, I have no idea what strain they are, could be anything. Can't wait to get some Free Leonard and a few other strains to see how they take to my setup. BTW, if there was a magnesium deficiency, what is the best thing to use to boost that up to normal levels? And what else would I look for in my babies to know they are lacking some magnesium? Thanks again.

Good info to know. Some of the fan leaves have a stem that is reddish as well, but nothing on the main trunk, which looks more like a young sapling. I didn't notice any color at all directly after I pinched her, it just oozed out after a few minutes, very sticky, today those spots are like dark brown scabs, black even. I moved my vegging plants out of the small secretary they were in and put them in the open room on one wall. Now, each time I go in I get a wonderful bouquet of fragrance from them! I think I'll end up splitting the room and move my flower area out of the other secretary, which will allow me to grow them 7ft tall if I so desire. I can't see using the small pots anymore as they just didn't produce enough. The plants I have flowering now in larger pots are doing much better, denser, taller, fatter buds. However, I only have a few weeks left on a few of them and they just don't seem to be producing much frosty resin. Looking with the 20x scope you can see lots, but just with the naked eye, they aren't like powdered suger or anything. lol But then again, I have no idea what strain they are, could be anything. Can't wait to get some Free Leonard and a few other strains to see how they take to my setup. BTW, if there was a magnesium deficiency, what is the best thing to use to boost that up to normal levels? And what else would I look for in my babies to know they are lacking some magnesium? Thanks again.

Get some cal/mag and add it in your watering.

Ok, I get that part of it. Add mag to the watering, but because I am a super newb, what I meant to ask is this. Is there a product name or something I should be looking for or is it just labled mag or cal/mag or named by nutrient? Also, I live up in the Thumb and their isn't a local hydro or MM greenhouse around here that I know of, what's the best place around to get nutes? Thanks again.

Ok, I get that part of it. Add mag to the watering, but because I am a super newb, what I meant to ask is this. Is there a product name or something I should be looking for or is it just labled mag or cal/mag or named by nutrient? Also, I live up in the Thumb and their isn't a local hydro or MM greenhouse around here that I know of, what's the best place around to get nutes? Thanks again.

SeaMag by Humboldt nutrients is good, but costly as well. I've only been using H.N. recently and they have some comprehensive lines of great products.

Archived