Lansing Maryjane Caregivers Nightmare

sorry dude but your sounding Not like the smartest man alive! nobody drives trucks in the city? lets see I drive my truck down the rd, and people i dont know wave at me, and not to get me to stop and buy street drugs! Just to be friendly and wave! you just stay down there in your little ratt race and smoke your bunk for cheap! and Ill stay up here where people dont have to lock their doors at nite, and can leave their keys in the car all the time!

AMEN!!!! LOL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah because 6 people standing outside of a building warrants a negitive review and a scare post on the MMMA ...............from two people who didnt even leave their vehicle. BUT IM THE ONE WHO IS BIGOTED

You are the one making the assumptions about the people at the location.

I can look out of window right now, in a shady part of Lansing and see exactly what the OP described, and you know what...wait for it...not a one falls under the usual urban stereotype. Still would be a scary place for folks from the country to approach.

You made the assumptions about the people.

It doesn't matter what classification of individuals were present. It was a shady and potentially dangerous situation for the OP. They did the right thing.

Something just occurred to me, are you so angry because you have something to do with, or know the operation? If so, you (or they) are getting some valuable consumer feedback. Instead of getting all tweaked over the bad revue, listen to the rural consumers.

I can look out of window right now, in a shady part of Lansing and see exactly what the OP described, and you know what...wait for it...not a one falls under the usual urban stereotype. Still would be a scary place for folks from the country to approach.

It doesn't matter what classification of individuals were present. It was a shady and potentially dangerous situation for the OP. They did the right thing.

Something just occurred to me, are you so angry because you have something to do with, or know the operation? If so, you (or they) are getting some valuable consumer feedback. Instead of getting all tweaked over the bad revue, listen to the rural consumers.

So in the country, more then 6 people never stand outside of a building? wow that sounds good, i hate when 6 people stand outside, i must move to the country so i dont have to see it anymore. And NO, i dont have a id, so i have not gone to ANY dispensary. I live in lansing and i get REALLY TIRED of the city bashing from all of you country folk.

I think you nailed it with that last paragraph....

6 people outside a commercial bldg= no problem. Outside a house,where a person hasn't been before, when they feel uncomfortable to begin with, I would not get out either & race has nothing to do with it.

A co-op or dispensary or apothecary's firsts obligation should be the safety of the patients, perceived or real. There is enough stress involved already.

more & more The co-op thing where groups take care of the people they know, in their area seems like the way to go.............

6 people outside a commercial bldg= no problem. Outside a house,where a person hasn't been before, when they feel uncomfortable to begin with, I would not get out either & race has nothing to do with it.

A co-op or dispensary or apothecary's firsts obligation should be the safety of the patients, perceived or real. There is enough stress involved already.

more & more The co-op thing where groups take care of the people they know, in their area seems like the way to go.............

Lansing uses old houses/ appartment complexes for commerical purposes. Thats how its taxed and listed. Its not fair to slam a place that because of YOUR PERSONAL OPINION you decide to not get out of the car. So then you go online and make sure no one else goes either? The thread is titled "lansing nightmare" i mean COME ON please.........

No its NOT!!!! The thread title is "Lansing Maryjane Caregiver Nightmare"!

Get your facts straight. Your age is starting to show....

lol sorry for paraphrasing. I can see nothing i will say is going to change anyones opinion, so i will drop it. I just hope the city (lansing) can start bringing more positive things to light. Hopefully this can start to change all of your opinions, so at least next time you will get out of the car.

Over and out

lol sorry for paraphrasing. I can see nothing i will say is going to change anyones opinion, so i will drop it. I just hope the city (lansing) can start bringing more positive things to light. Hopefully this can start to change all of your opinions, so at least next time you will get out of the car.

Over and out

I still get out of the car in Lansing once a month when I go to Elderly Instruments, lol.

Lansing does have the best music store in the state.

Lansing uses old houses/ appartment complexes for commerical purposes. Thats how its taxed and listed. Its not fair to slam a place that because of YOUR PERSONAL OPINION you decide to not get out of the car. So then you go online and make sure no one else goes either? The thread is titled "lansing nightmare" i mean COME ON please.........

For them I am sure it was a nightmare!

They were given a false impression of what to expect, drove some distance to get there only to find out they had been lied to. Even for argument's sake, if this was one of the houses used for commercial purposes, if they have "people that look homeless" hanging out around the entrance, they should know that will deter people from approaching. You have to know, smartestmanalive, that appearance is everything, especially in business.

If this organization wants to be taken seriously, they should take themselves seriously.

He might have over embellished with the title & he's obviously worked up over the wasted trip & still no meds, but I think he painted a picture that most of us have seen before. It's not the way it should be. Just having people hanging outside a dispensary or whatever is a red flag.

some may not have a problem going, thats cool. Some who don't know what to expect might.

now they know.

What are these "bad things" that exist in the city and no where else?

I grew up in Detroit, when I was 27 I moved to northern Mich. ,my dad was a Detroit cop for 20 years, so I can tell you, you couldn't pay me enough to move back down there, and always trust your instincts. Its what you can't see that can hurt you.

guess it's ok to discriminate against country folk. Thanks for the negative rating, just proves my point even further. Nicely done...

I wouldn't worry about it brother. It just goes to show you how well that rating system really works. It hasn't and doesn't work on 99% of the forums out there and it doesn't work well here either.

You give someone a negative because you don't like what they said??? PLEASE!!!!

Just assuming everything in Lansing or Detroit sucks and that everyone shares your opinion is not only ignorant but borderline racist and very offensive.

He LIED to get us to travel to his front door. I can not make this any clearer...

He LIED to get us to travel to his front door. I can not make this any clearer...

It's sad that behavior like this is prevalent within the community. The worst part about it is that many people would still have utilized the service for lack of options. The system is in place so that we don't have to deal with questionable individuals anymore when seeking relief; let's quit lying to each other.

Cheers

I have to say GreenGiant, you put yourself in that situation by not doing your research very well. The Lansing area has a few dispensaries that are professional and that would be in a setting where you would be comfortable. Maybe you were looking for the cheapest meds, i dont know. But you sure did the right thing, if you dont feel safe in the car out front, deffinatly dont go inside with money in hand.

What are these "bad things" that exist in the city and no where else?

Dear SmartestManAlive,

If you live in the metro-Detroit area you surely must have realized over the past 20+ years that it seems like the first 5-10 minutes of each tv newscast begins with some type of serious crime in Detroit. Murders. Lots of them.

Those days are gone of having to drive to Detroit to get anything cannabis related.

Thank God!

Mizerman

p.s. this is NOT racist - just choose not to go to Detroit for anything - I like my quiet life out in the sticks...lol

Holy hotness Batman!! Capt'n got me laughing my donkey off with the post uptop!! darn, I needed a good laugh tonight, for that I thank you very much. :)

Rockinlespaul, you had it right before brother, I just couldn't pass up a high-five on your post back there. For that I guess I suck to some, but not the ones that can see clearly. I guess it takes not having ulterior motives to see the truth through the smoke. Looks pretty plain to me.

Someone wasn't upfront enough, or someone didn't ask enough questions. Either way, I would have pulled away too. But that's just me, not knowing whether there cops dressed up to look befuttled, or people just hangin, if it doesn't feel right, leave.

But if I felt that there was something fishy going on, hell ya I'd warn people too. Just beware, be smart, and be safe. The fact of the matter is there are people out there to take your stuff, and leave you with nothing, maybe not even your own pulse. Always play it safe, always be alert. Not everyone is a good person. To believe otherwise is pure folly, to be paranoid isn't all bad all the time.

----Nemo

My wife and I just got back from the Lansing dispensary named: "LB MaryJane Caregivers". What a patient nightmare!

The guy told us on the phone that they were located at a commercial address.

We drove from Montague MI to discover this guy was located at a residential address in a rough part of town.

This home was dilapidated with 6 men standing outside who looked homeless.

This guy lied to us to lead us to his door! Needless to say, we did not even get out of the car.

So disappointed. He claimed to have 20 different strains; I am sure that was a lie also...

We need a place we can trust. I feel very embarrassed driving my wife to a place such as that! Gives us all a really dirty name.

Please, Please, contact us for locations of quality people with quality product!

I read this account and the following one, entitled "Becareful":

MMMA> Social Discussions:> Welcome, come on in and say hi!: "Becareful (May 5)"

"hello everyone bigwhl is highly pissoff right the person who was suppose to be my caregiver told me his house got broke into and all my plants got stolen nothing else but my plants they would have been ready the mid of june this really sucks do i think its a inside job yes so for all you newbies be your own caregiver or make darn sure your caregiver has more than just you for a pat"

I posted the following question under MMMA> Member to Member Discussions:> Legal Professionals: "Protections for Patient-Caregiver/Caregiver-Patient Interactions (Accountability and recourse when something goes wrong)"

After reading these (two Patient experiences), I'm wondering what safeguards exist to protect Patients and Caregivers. I agree that a person is innocent until substantive proof of guilt is found. However, these posts highlight a need for Caregiver accountability and recourse for Patients who have, based on factual evidence, been deceived, robbed, or otherwise taken advantage of. They show that protections for Caregivers also need to be in place. Hearsay (especially based on an Internet usenet/discussion group/forum/bulletin board) shouldn't be used to validate or invalidate a Caregiver's trustworthiness. BOTH Patient and Caregiver should have some sort of protection from situations such as:

1) A Caregiver who legitimately has been robbed and is unable to provide a Patient's medicine.

2) A Caregiver who is legitimate, and provides a Patient's medicine, yet is accused of wrong-doing by a Patient due to personality conflicts/insanity on the Patient's part/or whatever...

3) A Patient who has been taken advantage of by a "Caregiver" (note the quotes, implying this person wasn't actually a Caregiver).

Are there currently safeguards in place, besides Karma (in which I ultimately place my trust, but which comes AFTER one has lost one's funds, medicine, and in some cases, LIFE)? If so, what are they? If not, should there be any safeguards and if so, what are they and what can we do to put them in place?

As far as I am aware, the Compassion Clubs seem to be the only way to help legitimate Patients & Caregivers to connect... Please correct me, as I don't care if I'm right or wrong, I just need to know how to protect myself (besides growing my own medicine, which isn't always an option for every Patient). I'm not sure if everyone realizes how vital this medicine is to keeping some of us alive. Not all of us have the life energy or money to waste on playing games with people who think that legalized Medical Marijuana is an excuse to steal from those of us who need it to function, or stay alive.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond to my query.

I just don't understand why people don't get involved

w/ Compassion Meetings and stick together ?

Going to Meetings and get phone numbers from people that are

willing to help you when things get tough ....

Getting a Support Group of People that you can Trust ?

But , then again :

I'm not sure how those City Compassion Meetings are operated ?

I know there are Caregivers and Patients up here in

Northern Michigan that will help people w/ their extras ...

Useally you can get an OZ from $150 - $240 depending on who your dealing w/ ?

I don't think i would go see someone I''ve never meet before

or was'nt recommended by someone i trust ...

Somehow, Someway people need to Stick Together and Help Protect each other

So that things like this does'nt happen .... Thank God nothing Serious happened ...

Wonderful advice, great points! :)

Archived