Compassionate Apothecary

Hey everyone!

First of all, thanks for all of your support! Monday should be a big day. We have several new displays, including some from the folks at Northern Care Services, and some new vendors as well. We should be back up to 6 or more varieties very soon. And T-Shirts within a week, we hope!

More importantly, I want to clear something up. I felt really bad the other day when someone from Lansing drove all the way up here with their papers approved, but no card. She was in obvious pain, and was being helped by her son. Me and Brandon felt absolutely awful about not being able to help here out, and told her there we some other places that may well help her out closer to home. In fact, we had several people come in that day from all over the state.

I want you all to know that... first of all, if you have approved papers you are, in fact, legal to aquire. But even so, we can't help you at Compassionate Apothecary. And the reason we are only allowing carded patients to join is certainly not to be jerks, or to give ourselves an obvious buisiness disadvantage. The reason we are doing this is to show the State of Michigan that there is a way to do this that is above reproach, and can safely and proffessionaly serve patients. We are doing this in hopes that the State will feel more comfortable getting these cards out to you more quickly. Maybe even hire some new people to make the process quicker?

People who have serial numbers issued to them already and are in the renewal process are ok, as their serial numbers can be confirmed. But just so all of you that stopped by know, me and Brandon really felt bad not serving you folks with your papers, and appreciate you coming by. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again everyone,

Compassionate Apothecary Staff

It is your club and it is yours to run as you wish which of course I will respect

Please realize it is really the patients you are hurting, not the state. The state

could honestly care less one way or another. The Dept who handles this is grossly

underfunded and understaffed. The state has it on the books for them to hire 1 or 2

more people BUT there is NO money to do this.

Again it is your choice and I respect it but this is not going to change anything with

the state,

Most people seem happy with copies of all paperwork, cashed check and delivery conf.

Either way thank you for being one of the first out there to help patients in the open.

It is your club and it is yours to run as you wish which of course I will respect

Please realize it is really the patients you are hurting, not the state. The state

could honestly care less one way or another. The Dept who handles this is grossly

underfunded and understaffed. The state has it on the books for them to hire 1 or 2

Again it is your choice and I respect it but this is not going to change anything with

the state,

Most people seem happy with copies of all paperwork, cashed check and delivery conf.

Either way thank you for being one of the first out there to help patients in the open.

Well put :)

the state,

There is money $500,000.00+ in a account. We just need to ake them use it for this and not steal it from us.

Just like the state your stepping on patients rights. Doesnt the law say that your paper work is legaly your card and gives you all the rights the card does? I think you should rethink that befor you tick off too many patients that come across the state just to be kicked in the teeth just like how they have to wait 4 months for a card. :(

There is money $500,000.00+ in a account. We just need to ake them use it for this and not steal it from us.

What is this account? As I understand the States accounting system they just stick our money into the general fund.

These places are operating with there necks stuck way out as it is. I'm with you all, It's not the patients fault they don't have their cards. But these guys are not to blame & I can't fault them for trying to be as cautious as they can.

I'm sure after the waters are tested that they will be able to make some adjustments..........

It sounds like there trying to do it right.........................I hope they can make it work.............

I for one can say i'm crushed...

Been waiting since Feb 4th, in pain, out of meds...

Found out about this today, did a lil'dance, then some more research.. now crushed..

It can't be much longer till I get my card, but what to do till then... can't even find garbage right now..

These places are operating with there necks stuck way out as it is. I'm with you all, It's not the patients fault they don't have their cards. But these guys are not to blame & I can't fault them for trying to be as cautious as they can.

I'm sure after the waters are tested that they will be able to make some adjustments..........

It sounds like there trying to do it right.........................I hope they can make it work.............

amen brother.

Archived