New Grow Room

jpm

I

Hello everyone,

I am in construction on my new grow room, and would love some input from all of you. There is so much advice having a hard time figureing it all out, I am a perfectionist so I want it to be right, please help.

The total site is 20'x 32', 12'x20' grow, 12'x10' veg, and 8'x10' dryroom/utility. I am installing furnace and central air with dual zones, rooms are fully insulated will be drywalled and painted flat white. I will be exhausting into attic that has a 6-12 pitch. I really need to know how many lights I am going to need i have a 10'6" ceiling ht. plants are on roll away tables i built with a 3'ht. I would like to use 1000w hps sealed for air cooling what do you think? how many? I have been reading the Grow Bible and other forums just can't find the right answers, I know it for the most part is personal preference, would greatly appreaciate your imput.

Thanks,

Joep

I

Hello everyone,

I am in construction on my new grow room, and would love some input from all of you. There is so much advice having a hard time figureing it all out, I am a perfectionist so I want it to be right, please help.

The total site is 20'x 32', 12'x20' grow, 12'x10' veg, and 8'x10' dryroom/utility. I am installing furnace and central air with dual zones, rooms are fully insulated will be drywalled and painted flat white. I will be exhausting into attic that has a 6-12 pitch. I really need to know how many lights I am going to need i have a 10'6" ceiling ht. plants are on roll away tables i built with a 3'ht. I would like to use 1000w hps sealed for air cooling what do you think? how many? I have been reading the Grow Bible and other forums just can't find the right answers, I know it for the most part is personal preference, would greatly appreaciate your imput.

Thanks,

Joep

Sounds like heaven, heres what I would do.

Bloom Room - 12'x20' - I would run 1 of 3 setups in here and both require imaginary "section" lines in the room, first route would be divide the room to (2) 12' x 10' rooms, run a 1000w hps bulb for both "sections" of the room. Independent 500+cfm fans for each reflector, this would be about minimal for coverage of the room, the corners may be somewhat weak.

The other setup which would cover much better but not the best is divide the room into (4) sections, 6'x10' in each one of these sections run a 600w hps bulb totaling 4 lamps. Sticking with 2 500+cfm fans (ideally 750+) pair off the lamps 2 to each fans. This would cover much better on the 6' side, and get a little light around the 10' side.

Lastly the ultimate coverage would be divide the room into 6 sections 6'x~6.3' then run (6) 600w lamps, with 3 fans, pair up 2 600w lamps to 1 fan. That would be ultimate coverage end to end.

Veg room - 12' x 10' - In here I would go with (3) 400w or (2) 600w MH lamps, if you go with only 2 of them, cool them both in series and that should be plenty of light coverage for shorter plants and mother plants as well. If you go with the 3 I would consider either a very large fan or 3 smaller independent fans for cooling purposes.

Also for lamps you can either draw air from the room or air from outside of the room. If you leave one end of your enclosure open to draw air from inside the room and smell is of concern your only option is to put a carbon filter on every exhaust, or T the lines into 1 carbon filter. If you intake air from outside of the room through the enclosure then exhaust you will need an intake and exhaust on the room for fresh air to come in and old air to escape, this exhaust will require a carbon filter as well if scent is of concern.

Archived