From Mich.gov

I took this from the FAQ at this site; My link

(State of Michigan website)

Question: Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the MMMP?

Answer: Yes. If your application has not yet been approved, denied or terminated you may provide law enforcement with a copy of your written documentation submitted to the department; you must also submit proof of the date of mailing or other transmission of the documentation. This documentation shall have the same legal effect as a registry identification card, until such time as you receive your card or you have received notification that your application has been approved, denied or terminated.

When I read this it seems to tell me that you are legal as long as you are carrying your documentation regardless of whether your application is approved or denied.

------

Anyone have some insight on this?

This is from a e-mail that I got from MDCH.

Please be aware that not all law enforcement will accept a copy of the application and you may consider waiting until the registry ID card is received or seek legal counsel before you proceed to obtain medicinal marihuana.

This is from a e-mail that I got from MDCH.

Please be aware that not all law enforcement will accept a copy of the application and you may consider waiting until the registry ID card is received or seek legal counsel before you proceed to obtain medicinal marihuana.

Gee .. could the MDCH please post a list of those areas where the police refuse to follow our new law?

Gee .. could the MDCH please post a list of those areas where the police refuse to follow our new law?

That and what if I had cancer, something that I know lots of people are suffering, and only had like 4 months to live? BTW, I am on day 131 (calander days) and mail has not ran yet...

That and what if I had cancer, something that I know lots of people are suffering, and only had like 4 months to live? BTW, I am on day 131 (calander days) and mail has not ran yet...

I understand completely ..

But my question is "Exactly which police officers intend to break this law?"

When I read this it seems to tell me that you are legal as long as you are carrying your documentation regardless of whether your application is approved or denied.

Anyone have some insight on this?

Only after the period has passed in which it's presumed that they will have rejected your application if they were going to do so. The "20 day rule".

So, presuming you haven't gotten a rejection letter, then you are "presumed" legal with a copy of your "papers" (lol) in hand.

I have to add, though, make sure you have a copy of proof of mailing and payment attached. There seems to be quite a few folks walking around with completed state forms, with no proof of mailing, nor any intent to mail at all, lol, thinking that they are totally legal, lol. Not.

lol at the ignorance is no excuse comment. Those tools have been throwing that one around their whole career. Incredible how the rules change when the tables are turned. The MSP is just being so open about their refusal to follow the new law to a T that it's insulting. It's like they're saying "ha ha, we don't care, tinkle off pothead losers!" I wish we had an AG and a Gov'r who actually gave a bunny muffin and was willing to stand up for OUR rights - someone who can tell the head of the MSP "follow the law or I've got a stack of resumes from people who will"

Absolutely pisses me off to no end and I just don't understand how they can get away with it. Anyone got any idea how they can get away with it? Nothing about the 20 days is open to some weiners "understanding".

edit

lol... bunny muffins and tinklin' off. That's great.

lol at the ignorance is no excuse comment. Those tools have been throwing that one around their whole career. Incredible how the rules change when the tables are turned. The MSP is just being so open about their refusal to follow the new law to a T that it's insulting. It's like they're saying "ha ha, we don't care, tinkle off pothead losers!" I wish we had an AG and a Gov'r who actually gave a bunny muffin and was willing to stand up for OUR rights - someone who can tell the head of the MSP "follow the law or I've got a stack of resumes from people who will"

Absolutely pisses me off to no end and I just don't understand how they can get away with it. Anyone got any idea how they can get away with it? Nothing about the 20 days is open to some dickheads "understanding".

Amen ValleyRat79!

Mizerman :)

Hi guy's hope all had a great holiday weekend!

Here too we have LEO as well as others making their own interpertation of the law. Its to bad that the law is not read exactly as written by all concerned. It would save us all a lot of headaches.

Dizz

Archived