When Is Cancer Cured?

Old Timer

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer and received radiation treatment ending in April 2009. Fortunately, the PSAs since indicate a remission. When is cancer considered cured for the purposes of the Michigan Marijuana laws?

Truthfully once you have been diagnosed with any form of cancer you are never considered cured. You are "in remission" if there are no malignant or abnormal cells present, blood proteins are in a normal range, and your WBC count is stable. But one could consider yourself cured if you reach this state.

Various research papers have concluded that maintaining a high profile of certain cannabinoids in the body not only starves MANY forms of tumors and malignant cells of blood supply and nutrients ( thus essentially killing them ), it also can have a preventative effect.

This cannot be a certainty until many more studies are conducted, and until marihuana is taken from schedule 1 testing of this nature is virtually impossible in the US. Unless such tests are done by us, which is happening. This is why the need for networking and intensive notes is needed to be done by anyone participating in such endeavors; we can advance it ourselves without labs, doctors, or big pharma. But it'd be a godsend for many people if they could participate.

Some weeks ago. Someone here wrote that of all the conditions and ailment that my qualify a person for Michigan’s medical marihuana program, everyone remain constant except the cancer patient. That patient is cured or they die. This response had me thinking.

I then discussed this question with other cancer patients. After the bouts of chemo and radiation, your visits with the doctor moves from daily, to weekly, to monthly. For the following five years, you are looking over your shoulders, hoping to catch it before it taps you again. There always the possible of reoccurrences, and your chances of developing other cancers are increased.

I question the term “survivor”, because to survive means you have escaped from what had captured you. Cancer is something from which you will always be running.

You know how the chicken pox virus can lie dormant, then come back as shingles? That is cancer. Nor cured, but dormant. Maybe cured, but with one eye opened.

S'up Scoot!

1 in 5 people are diagnosed with cancer. Everyone should be on a maintenance dose. This is the link to dosage for Rick Simpson oil.

http://www.phoenixtears.ca/article/rick-simpson/articles/hemp-oil-dosage-information.html

I have heard that everyone could have cancer. Just depends how each individual fights it off. Cannabis oil helps to get rid of irregular cells. It could help if patients eat the vegetative/early/mid flower trim off plants too or juice it in addition to taking the recommended dosages found in the link above.

Thanks. Your answers are thought provoking, but miss what I am looking for.

I am specifically interested in when a person is cancer free under the MM laws. After finishing treatment, and returning to low number PSAs, when can the doctor refuse to sign Physicians Certificate, saying you no longer have cancer. "If the patient ceases to suffer from the above indentified debilitating condition, I hereby certify, I will notify the department in writing." so says the Physician Certification. When does a patient cease to suffer from the above (cancer) debilitating condition?

The doctor can refuse to sign any time they want. The law does not compel them to sign, it allows them to give their written opinion. If you report to your doctor that you no longer have the symptoms which he feels marijuana treats, he can cancel the recommendation. If he feels your marijuana use is not beneficial or harmful to you he can revoke it.

Ah, I see. Maybe you have other condition(s) which would qualify you perhaps? Chronic pain is the number one qualifier, and a direct condition is not needed. My condition is unknown, but the residual damage from numerous accidents, chronic back problems and muscle spasms have qualified me since the program started.

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cgi/reprint/65/5/1635.pdf

Here are some Medical findings on Marijuana and Prostate Cancer. I hope this helps.

Have you heard of GrannyStormCrow's birthday list?

Send her a note here to get her updates:

i.wantgrannyslist@greenpassion.org

Here is the section on prostrate cancer:

Granny's list

Archived