How Would A Guy Start A Club For His County?

How does one go about starting a club for his county? To my knowledge there is not one here in my county, however there is a meeting on saturday I am most likely going to attend far away in clare. How does a guy make it a bit more local and what would a guy be facing as far as hassles fom law by starting one?

How does one go about starting a club for his county? To my knowledge there is not one here in my county, however there is a meeting on saturday I am most likely going to attend far away in clare. How does a guy make it a bit more local and what would a guy be facing as far as hassles fom law by starting one?

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/index.php?/page/articles/compassionclubs/org/guidelines-expectations

is this what your looking for

It depend on what kind of club you want to start. There are several types of places calling themselves compassion clubs. There are open to the public clubs which provide information and education. There are Clubhouse type clubs where they have a permanent meeting place open daily usually membership requires a card and a membership fee. There are dispensary and co-op models around too.

Let us know what you want to start and maybe someone will provide you with info on how to do it.

Well I would love to start a co-op, however a year from now when I finally have a patient and a card lol I want to start a compassion club. My wife is an employee at a local hospital on the medical side. She could help with patient issues such as desired outcomes. However I would assume she would need to be a card carrier and sadly would probably lose her job over it. There is however a doctor she works with who already has started clinics near and around here. He is planning on starting a clinic near or in Marion soon. I or we may be able to get him involved in the club somehow when he is available. So it would be a pretty decent club in the end I think.

There is the issue of me needing at least one or two patients to get my card and be able to open the club. As long as it sounds like all that can take, I would just worry someone else would start a club here that may be inferior due to lack of the recourses I could offer which would be very rewarding to many patients here. As I have said in another post, despite the meetings far away in Clare Due to my wifes employment I know for a fact there are a ton of patients here in just the Reed City area that need this help but have no clue on where to begin. We would like to change that.

As I said I would love to go to that meeting in Clare on Saturday and most likely will. I am more than willing to take calls at 231-912-7323 or at the email on my profile. I just really want to help and despite everything have no idea how to start. We can meet at my home or somewhere near here to get the ball rolling.

Any info anyone of you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Archived