Where Do I Stand Legally?

DaisyDoo

I'm posting this question looking for any feedback. I have a patient, we submitted our paperwork the first of May. We began our grow process after approximately 25 days. This being after my patient told me he had been contacted by the State to verify the paperwork. He had missed one signature line. At that time, according to him, we were legal, verbally, just waiting for the card(s) to be issued. At this point, all I have is some small plants.

My problem, he got busted the other day trying to sell to an informant. I'm kind of freaking out. I'm not sure if there will be any repercussions to me because of our caregiver/patient relationship even though the product was not provided by me. Should I contact the State to revoke our relationship? I'm just not sure about anything and honestly, I feel my trust has been violated.

You are legal.

Your patient might try to flip you to the police. Happens about 90% of the time, from what I understand.

It would be a bad flip. And the police should realize that.

They would have to get you on record of selling to your patient just so that patient could sell to someone against the law.

So if your patient would come back and say something like "my unregistered friend wants some more of that herb you got to me the last time" then run fast. You are probably being recorded.

Otherwise the patient would have to say "I got some weed last week. I'm positive my caregiver knew that I was selling it to the black market."

he said/ she said

Any question like that you should answer something like "I only sell for medical purposes only. I don't sell for black market."

I'm posting this question looking for any feedback. I have a patient, we submitted our paperwork the first of May. We began our grow process after approximately 25 days. This being after my patient told me he had been contacted by the State to verify the paperwork. He had missed one signature line. At that time, according to him, we were legal, verbally, just waiting for the card(s) to be issued. At this point, all I have is some small plants.

My problem, he got busted the other day trying to sell to an informant. I'm kind of freaking out. I'm not sure if there will be any repercussions to me because of our caregiver/patient relationship even though the product was not provided by me. Should I contact the State to revoke our relationship? I'm just not sure about anything and honestly, I feel my trust has been violated.

As of right now I don't think you are legal. If he got a notice saying he missed a line he has to resend everything, with another check, wait 20 days. If he was trying to sell to an informant they're going to try and get him to snitch for a lesser sentencing. Personally I would move any evidence out at least til things blow over, unless you trust him that well...

Actually .. any time a patient would walk up to me and ask for meds to sell illegally, I would have to drop them as a patient.

YEP!!!!!!!! Dirty is as Dirty does....... Drop them like their hot... Because they are!!! Hot and Dirty!!! Peace, Love, and Big Buds for law abiding citizens!!

And yes I would say if he's your only patient then know you are not "legal" You would have to wait 20 day's from resubmitting your paperwork. But, that's just my interpretation.. Anyway... I wish you good luck!! Peace..

ALWAYS ask to see the PAPERWORK!!!

ALL the PAPERWORK!!!

PROOF of MAILING... and PROOF of check CASHING by the MDCH!!!

That is the ONLY way you will have ANY defense if your patient does something illegal either with the meds YOU provide OR the meds they might get ELSEWHERE.

Sounds like a very sticky situation.

Myself... I'd drop the patient and I'd tell the MDCH why.

My 2 cents worth.

Good luck!

So based on all your responses, and I was thinking along the same lines, how can I go about dropping this patient? Should I contact the department with the State that issues the card? I saw on another topic there was an email address for them. Anyway, I'm just so mad that he chose the course he did. Thanks for all your advice.

So based on all your responses, and I was thinking along the same lines, how can I go about dropping this patient? Should I contact the department with the State that issues the card? I saw on another topic there was an email address for them. Anyway, I'm just so mad that he chose the course he did. Thanks for all your advice.

Unfortunately, there will always be those who take advantage of the well intentioned. That is why in our patient/caregiver agreements, we include clauses indicating that we have a zero tolerance policy regarding providing meds to those who shouldn't have them. This applies to both caregivers and patients. And we take it very seriously. Protect yourself.

Unfortunately, there will always be those who take advantage of the well intentioned. That is why in our patient/caregiver agreements, we include clauses indicating that we have a zero tolerance policy regarding providing meds to those who shouldn't have them. This applies to both caregivers and patients. And we take it very seriously. Protect yourself.

AMEN......

Thanks again everyone. I've sent an email to the State asking how to terminate our caregiver/patient relationship. And the suggestion to include a zero tolerance clause in a contract is one I will take note of in the future if I decide to pursue becoming a caregiver to another patient.

As far as LEO goes, don't tell them ANYTHING! Evoke your 5th amendment rights to keep silent. They will attempt to use EVERYTHING you say against you. There is a great link on here that explains why to never speak to LEO, even if your innocent.

Hey Lansing, that sounds like a very good idea. What other items do you list in your "caregiver/patient agreement"? I was thinking about drawing up a contract and any helpful hints would be appreciated

Archived