Whats The Perfect Vaporazation Temp?

I have a Vaporite VR-001 that has a digital read out and is in Fahrenheit but works best between 180 - 220 - higher can cause it to taste burned and even ignite if set too high.

Personally lower temps equate to better taste but there is also some consideration that needs to be given to the meds used.

Several factors come into play, the moisture content of the material being vaped and the strain being vaped, being the two most important. If I take fresh (dried but not cured) then it may take a slightly higher temp to get those vapors. There are what...let's see...over 70 cannabinoids in cannabis, each cannabinoid vaporizes at a different temp. So in order to get them all you either need to start out with high temps, or ramp up the temps as you vaporize. I use the latter method...I start vaporizing at about 310 degrees, filling the first 'Cano bag with a nearly invisible vapor. I then ramp up to about 345 degrees, where in most cases you can see vapors in the bag. Finally I go up to about 365 degrees for the final bag, which often looks nearly as thick as smoke.So, you can see, there is no ideal vapor temperature, just a range of temps....Peace...j.b.

A PATIENT HAS ASKED ME THE PERFECT VAPO TEMP.. I WASNT TO FAMILAR WITH THAT SO THOUGHT I WOULD ASK

I have a Vaporite VR-001 that has a digital read out and is in Fahrenheit but works best between 180 - 220 - higher can cause it to taste burned and even ignite if set too high.

Personally lower temps equate to better taste but there is also some consideration that needs to be given to the meds used.

That doesnt seem like it is high enough to do anything thought it had to be over 265 fahrenheit.

To OP tell your patient to experiment and find one they like, different cannaboids are released at different temps so it may be beneficial to find one that they like.

When I make medibals I put my cannabis in the oven @ 200 degrees Fahrenheit for a half hour... Does not do a thing to the THC.... Like posted above there are many different factors, but to get all the THC out of your cannabis, 365-390 degrees Fahrenheit I think is the best range.

Cannabis vaporizers are designed to let users inhale active cannabinoids while avoiding harmful smoke toxins. They do so by heating cannabis to a temperature of 180 - 200° C (356° - 392° F), just below the point of combustion where smoke is produced. At this point, THC and other medically active cannabinoids are emitted with little or none of the carcinogenic tars and noxious gases found in smoke.CANORML

EDIT: I was a little off, but not more than a few degrees....

Some toxins (benzene) apparently begin to form at 200c so starting low and bringing temps up makes sense. Also, by not attempting to completely devalue the cannabis used for vaping, intake of toxins may be further reduced and the remaining material (duff) therefore worthwhile for extracting the remaining cannabinoids for further consumption (below critical temps). Patients with immune disorders probably should avoid the higher temps altogether.

[some toxins (benzene) apparently begin to form at 200c] so starting low and bringing temps up makes sense. Also, by not attempting to completely devalue the cannabis used for vaping, intake of toxins may be further reduced and the remaining material (duff) therefore worthwhile for extracting the remaining cannabinoids for further consumption (below critical temps). Patients with immune disorders probably should avoid the higher temps altogether.

[some toxins (benzene) apparently begin to form at 200c] Is there scientific evidence of this? I would like more info on this please.

I used the digital vaporizer (courtesy of the MOCC) at a local private meeting and I didn't know how to use it at first.

Many people told me different answers, but I found out that 350 degrees works very well.

The medication I used was somewhat moist.

• 3 months later...

I know this is a old thread but here is a little info.

Vaporization Range of Various Compounds in Cannabis

(Centigrade) / (Fahrenheit)

Tetrahydrocannabinols (THC): 155-157 / 311-314.6

Cannabinols (CBN): 185 / 365

Cannabidiols (CBD): 187-190 / 368.6-374.0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vaporizor Study: Journal of Cannabis Therapeutics 4(1), 2004

Dr. Tod Mikuyira (r.i.p.) - References to Vaporization Studies

I crank mine up to 420F. Then as you draw, then I kick on my forced fans which drops it down to 390F... Although It will last longer if you use lower temps. But very little goes a long ways when you VAPE. I would say 1/2 gram would last 10+ min or so.

It also helps to have moist Meds. The bone dry stuff does not seem to work well at all..

Just for grins I just measured my Last 'Bowl' -Fairly well packed disposable Volcanoe type 'Bowl' 0.6 grams finely ground mmj resulted in

.5 g - Used 'Duff

--------------------------------

.1 gram raw THC Vaporized!

Results in 1 beautiful Lite Pre Smoke Vapor Bag + 4 Thick Smoky Bags of Medicine

.... even with two people smoking a bowl it will take 15 min. minimum and even then you'll have to choke a little, I bet.

i agree imho 220 is the high end of what is effective or you risk burning instead of vaporizing.

use this rule in cooking as well so as not to lose potency

Archived