How Many Plants Can Be In One Facility

I know that one grower is only allowed to have 72 plants. Can two care givers work out of the same room and have 144? I have heard that anything over 100 puts you in federal territory.

Also when does it become a plant? Are clones plants if they have roots?

When does it stop being a plant? If it not in soil or grow medium is it still counted?

I know that one grower is only allowed to have 72 plants. Can two care givers work out of the same room and have 144? I have heard that anything over 100 puts you in federal territory.

When does it stop being a plant? If it not in soil or grow medium is it still counted?

you can only have sixty plants thats five pateints 12 plants per pateint if you are a pateint caregiver you count as one of your pateints 5 x 12 =60 dont no about the rest

you can only have sixty plants thats five pateints 12 plants per pateint if you are a pateint caregiver you count as one of your pateints 5 x 12 =60 dont no about the rest

I think you can have 5 patients plus yourself 72 plants

you can only have access to your 72 .

big numbers draw more attention/ danger

I thought that you could have 72 plants by having 5 patients and also grow for your self.

(d) The department shall issue a registry identification card to the primary caregiver, if any, who is named in a qualifying patient's approved application; provided that each qualifying patient can have no more than 1 primary caregiver, and a primary caregiver may assist no more than 5 qualifying patients with their medical use of marihuana.

I thought that you could have 72 plants by having 5 patients and also grow for your self.

(d) The department shall issue a registry identification card to the primary caregiver, if any, who is named in a qualifying patient's approved application; provided that each qualifying patient can have no more than 1 primary caregiver, and a primary caregiver may assist no more than 5 qualifying patients with their medical use of marihuana.

but if you are your own caregiver then you count as a pateint. thats why i only have four patients and me. till i have proof that some one has five pateints and they care for them selfs i wouldnt take another pateint

OK .. Here's the max count in my home.

My wife is a caregiver and is qualified to be a patient. 60 plants there

My son is a patient and can be a caregiver for five people + himself. 72 plants there

Myself another 12

total of 144 plants

That would be the max.

I've thought about renting outdoor space to folks .. that would be more plants.

OK .. Here's the max count in my home.

My wife is a caregiver and is qualified to be a patient. 60 plants there

My son is a patient and can be a caregiver for five people + himself. 72 plants there

Myself another 12

total of 144 plants

That would be the max.

I've thought about renting outdoor space to folks .. that would be more plants.

are you all in the same room ?

OK this is really important to me and would prefer not to give my exact circumstances but what is the total count per facility/room. Can multiple caregivers coop the space?

Do roots make it a plant?

Any informed info would be much appreciated.

stay under 49 ! 50 is the fed guide line! Why do you need so many plants? lmfao,,you dont need to answer that, ive been around long before we had to worry about overages, just had to worry about who we told, and who they told!

Peace!

Free the Weed!

Jim

So how about the 2 caregivers in one facility/secured room issue?

I have a caregiver, my partner (bless her heart), but I am also a caregiver to another patient. I possess all the 23 (minus 1 so I am never over) plants but my caregiver is allowed in my grow room. I had a call at first from the State and I explained that I wanted to protect her as she is the legal homeowner. They were very understanding and gave my partner a caregiver card without plants. She doesn't smoke but sometimes holds my meds for me so that I am not over or run out.

Peace and Love and Just Imagine!

I am looking for patiens.

I understand the frustration .

This is not my read on the law but on the situation today.

If you are a caregiver for 5 & a patients you can have up to 72. clear to understand.

when you start to add a wife or coop with other caregivers it becomes less clear to LEO, there are more ways for him to get confused.......though they have been letting alot of these types of grows carry on. We have to take in consideration the area you wish to do this in. Some are more tolerant than others.

You will probably not get the consensus your looking for, too much is left to interpretation & that's why we are having these problems with leo.

Let me be clear that I believe that all of the situations above ARE perfectly legal I'm just stating my observations on the situation at hand.

good luck & stay safe I might be more afraid of the bad guys then LEO, especially if there's family in the house..(with 100+ plants) but I'm not as brave as I used to be..........

hope that helps with the frustration a little.

Guest Wayne

Any plant or cutting taken from a plant that has produced cotelydons (the first two round leaves that emerge when a plant starts) is a plant under the law. To date LEO has distinguished between cuttings thrown aside (waste) and cuttings being propogated in soil, rockwell, cloners, etc. If it looks like your growing a plant it's a plant according to Michigan Compiled Laws.

Any plant or cutting taken from a plant that has produced cotelydons (the first two round leaves that emerge when a plant starts) is a plant under the law. To date LEO has distinguished between cuttings thrown aside (waste) and cuttings being propogated in soil, rockwell, cloners, etc. If it looks like your growing a plant it's a plant according to Michigan Compiled Laws.

So they don't enforce the law that is written. How very kind of them.

The fact that they ignore that law doesn't make it a valid law. It's a bad law that has never been applied literally and never will be.

That law doesn't apply within the context of the medical marijuana law.

Guest Wayne

I'm not defending their position just quoting what has been represented in Michigan Circuit Court by the prosecutor. Appears it may have some bearing on plant count. Reasonable plea agreement was entered into allowing the defendant, who according to prosecutors office was in violation of plant limits, to continue exercising his rights under the MMMP while serving probation. So question left unanswered.

To specifically address this part of the question, I pretty much asked my lawyer the same thing. I was told that if I put a cutting into something that is meant to make the plant grow, it is considered a plant. If you put it on a drying rack, it is counted against the weight, and not as a plant.

So even if you have a clipping without roots, it can still be considered a plant if it has been put into a rockwool cube/cloner under a light. Grey stuff huh?

• 2 weeks later...

So they don't enforce the law that is written. How very kind of them.

The fact that they ignore that law doesn't make it a valid law. It's a bad law that has never been applied literally and never will be.

That law doesn't apply within the context of the medical marijuana law.

Whether that law applies yet has NOT been decided in the context of the MMM.

IMHO 72 plants is the absolute maximum for one facility regardless of how many CG's use (or claim to use) it. If members on this board are asking the obvious question (umm, why do you need so many plants) then you can be LEO is asking the same thing.

Also, let us not forget marijuana is STILL illegal under federal law. The MMM was specifically written to avoid commerce clause issues by keeping it to 12 per patient it keeps the bud out of interstate commerce. Unless they changed it since my last marijuana case about 8 years ago, the usual federal cutoff is 100 plants. In other words, they will not pursue a facility under 100 plants because it may implicate commerce clause issues and potentially invalidate the controlled substances act (Lord we can only pray that happens!).

If the caregiver is also a patient that number goes to 72.

If two such people are in the same location, then the number goes to 144.

Whether that law applies yet has NOT been decided in the context of the MMM.

IMHO 72 plants is the absolute maximum for one facility regardless of how many CG's use (or claim to use) it. If members on this board are asking the obvious question (umm, why do you need so many plants) then you can be LEO is asking the same thing.

Also, let us not forget marijuana is STILL illegal under federal law. The MMM was specifically written to avoid commerce clause issues by keeping it to 12 per patient it keeps the bud out of interstate commerce. Unless they changed it since my last marijuana case about 8 years ago, the usual federal cutoff is 100 plants. In other words, they will not pursue a facility under 100 plants because it may implicate commerce clause issues and potentially invalidate the controlled substances act (Lord we can only pray that happens!).

The DEA walked away from a grow just like that in Saginaw.

I think there was 114 plants at the time.

They were all just left there.

Im being shown no respect.Did the things needed to comply with the MMJ law.rule 27 states

Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege,

Was raided May 13th 2009. Where in rule 27 does it state that that should be happening. 15 months of harrasment.Lost wages court cost sleepless nights where in rule 27 does it talk about these things. All this and the MMJ community stands by and watchs from afar.

O by the way i had 10 plants that LEO killed on site.

Who's here that can tell me that rule 27 is worth the paper it was wrote on

Im being shown no respect.Did the things needed to comply with the MMJ law.rule 27 states

Rule 27. (1) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege,

Was raided May 13th 2009. Where in rule 27 does it state that that should be happening. 15 months of harrasment.Lost wages court cost sleepless nights where in rule 27 does it talk about these things. All this and the MMJ community stands by and watchs from afar.

O by the way i had 10 plants that LEO killed on site.

Who's here that can tell me that rule 27 is worth the paper it was wrote on

Oh it's worth something ..

It's gonna hit the fan .. no doubt about it. It's just a matter of when.

They had no right to bust you. You were completely covered by the law.

Most of the time people will cop a deal. When they do that the system thinks they were doing it right.

So it's people that stick to it that will force them to understand the law.

But as long as people let it slide, by coping a plea, the system will not learn they are wrong.

Each person that lets it slide reinforces the errors of the system.

Archived