First Growroom Advice

Brandan

Ok, first grow and first growroom, hope to get a little advice. I am setting up the room in my basement, its going to be a 6x6x6 room, one of the walls is the concrete, the other 3 will have drywall on the outside. Inside will be lined with panda Mylar ( no insulation will be used). I plan on running 1 600 watt HPS ( a MH coversion bulb for veg), and between 4-8 plants at any given time. I plan on putting in a 4" 170cfm inline fan for exhaust. Will this room get too hot?I plan on putting in a fan for intake but not enough in the buget for it yet.. But the heat concerns me, in my basement right now with no vents open down there it stays between 63-65 degrees, between 50-70 humitidy... Any advice would be appreciated

I think you will probably be fine with heat. It would be nicer to have a 6" fan, but the 170 cfm not ducted very far should work.

That 600w is only going to effectively cover a 3.5'X3.5' area. Maybe you could frame out a small veg room in there and use some florescents for veg.. I hate to see you waste a 600w Mh when you could do the same with 30w of florescents. It would also mean less time inbetween harvests.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived