Need Advice

imfisherman199

Ive decided to go with a new system. I was using ebb/flow. well i built one aeroponic box that is working great. But my question is how big a pump i need for around 40 or 50 spray heads. I use the little red ones. I went to the hydro shop and needed the stuff. for 5 heads i was told to buy eco132. but it seemed like it could do much more than that.so any input would be great thank you have a nice day.

I have a eco 396 on about 14 sprayers each and wish I had more pressure.. If you are talkin 40-50, i'd be looking a 1056 or something..

You want a minimum of 20 gallons per hour per sprayer. I run 12 sprayers with a 264 gph pump, 264/12=22gph per spray nozzle. At least thats what they say on stinkbuddies website. Hope that helps.

• 3 months later...

avgjoe is right! :thumbsu: The only issue is if you have a lot of plumbing. The more tubing you use in your system, the larger pressure drop you get. Try to mimimize the length of tubing if you can. Also bends will drop pressure as well as splices. Good luck! One good suggestion - always go bigger, it won't hurt (unless you heat up too much). I have a chiller so I am not too concerned. :hot:

Archived