Looking Into Hydro Systems

haha, well, wattage is going to depend on the footprint you are trying to cover, and no i do not/have not/will not use LED lighting

i feel that by the time the initial price of LED lights come down, the plasma technology will be taking over.

remember the switch from VHS to DVD?? and in the middle there for a real short period of time were things called laser discs??? thats LED lighting IMO.

i know people who have used them with good results. im not bashing them.... i just dont/wont use them/buy them.

im looking to gather information on these set-ups. Hopefully i can get some hands on thoughts from you good people.

thanx,

jody

Don't spend a ton of money on systems at the Hydro store, do a google search for "Hempy Bucket". This is, IMO, the easiest, most forgiving way to grow your meds. Technically it's kind of a hydro hybrid but extremely effective and cheap. In fact, the supplies for this system cost a few bucks (or free) for the buckets plus the cost of some perlite or coco fiber (not including lights and nutes of course). It's virtually fool proof and the results are incredible.

Don't spend a ton of money on systems at the Hydro store, do a google search for "Hempy Bucket". This is, IMO, the easiest, most forgiving way to grow your meds. Technically it's kind of a hydro hybrid but extremely effective and cheap. In fact, the supplies for this system range from a few bucks (or free) for the buckets plus the cost of some perlite or coco fiber (not including lights and nutes of course). It's virtually fool proof and the results are incredible.

very good advice :goodjob:

I have pretty throughly researched LEDs. The short answer is NO. The tree hugger in me wanted to like LEDs. However with all it's flaws the best way to measure efficiency as it relates to coverage area is by lumens per watt. Well if you look at the specs for LEDs you will see that they are about the same lumens per watt that HPS are. So when the LED sellers say a 365 watt LED is comparable to a 1000 watt HPS that is not completely honest. When pressed they claim you can get similar results but will concede that you need two 365 watt lights to cover the same area as a 1000 watt HPS. Now you have lost most of the advantage of the lower wattage light and increase initial cost considerably.

yes, although NOT IDEAL, if you must use one or the other, you will have decent results. you would want to use the HPS if you had to choose. compact fluorescent lights can also be used for veg and they are pretty inexpensive.

many of the new digital ballasts are switchable. this means they will power both a MH and a HPS lamp. it's the way to go if you can't buy both separate ;)

i've been using the hempy bucket route and 2 400watt mh in a grow room thats roughly 4x4 ,and a 600watt hps in a bloom room thats 5x3,,with great results..fox farm nurts,hydro schedule,its been alot more fun than work,4 plants in cycle,4 clones,4 in grow,4 in bloom...within my count and plenty of meds..just enought room...good luck with your grow...zb

Archived