Mocc

Ryoki

I joined the MOCC in early May. At that time I was told by the club president that my paperwork would be enough to get me in the private meetings. I needed a source of good meds for my patient (who knows nothing about MM) and thought this would be a good club in my area.

I went to the first two private meetings with no problems. People were friendly and helpful. They made me feel welcome. Meds were good quality and reasonably priced.

Then I went to the third private meeting. I was told at the door that the rules had been changed and caregivers would not be welcomed with out a card. After some discussion I was let in and told the new rules would be posted before the next meeting. Come Saturday the 26th and no new rules, no new anything.

After inquiring about the new rules a post by a 'board admin' says the new rules have been 'printed and are being passed around'. He also said "No Caregivers will be allowed without a card, period" and I should "Make other arrangements until you get your card".

This after being told by the club president at the last meeting that caregivers will be allowed in with a patient even if all they had was paper work.

So if I go to the Jul 5th meeting (my patient can't go to the 6/28 meeting meaning a week without meds) with my patient will we be allowed in? Will they have to buy a $25 membership fee (plus the $5 entrance fee plus the $5 entrance fee for me thats $35. We only have $50 total to spend. That would leave us $15 to spend on meds)or is mine enough? No one seems to know.

When I asked other people running the club at the last meeting no one had even heard of a rule change. They can't even keep the people in charge informed. How can they operate like this?

I understand that we're all in unknown territory here but we need to work together on this and part of that is being informed. Communication. When an organization can't even communicate with it's own ruling body (they were all in the same room for goodness sake) I don't have much faith in them to inform the public that MM people are responsible and organized.

Is it just me or have others had these problems? Not just with the MOCC but with other groups as well. They've told me "The rules are firm, to protect everyone (its not you Ryoki)" and yet it is me (and my patient) who have the feeling that after joining the club we were treated as if to say 'thanks for the dues, come back later and we'll let you in when you get a card'.

Not very compassionate by any standard.

P.S. I have no ill will toward anyone there, but I'm getting the impression that perhaps they could use help in running the club. And yes, I volunteered my time.

What is the MOcc? And where is it? Just curious so I don't ever go there by mistake. We all know what the law says about paperwork, so I'll spare you the regurgitation. Sounds like maybe you should find a different CC or hit up a dispensary till you get your meds done.

What is the MOcc? And where is it? Just curious so I don't ever go there by mistake. We all know what the law says about paperwork, so I'll spare you the regurgitation. Sounds like maybe you should find a different CC or hit up a dispensary till you get your meds done.

Macomb Oakland Compassion Club.

Know of any good CC or dispensaries in N Macomb county.

Why aren't you supplying meds to your patient?

CC meetings are good as a back up but not the answer long term

long term is why there are CG.(Care Givers)

There have been issues in the past with MMMA meetings and Leo,

they might just be putting the people with cards as a priority,

if Leo comes knocking.........

From what I know they are ran by a person or group of people

there fore each meeting in each town can differ a tinge.

99% of what I have heard is positive, perhaps once you get your cards you will have a better opinion?

Why aren't you supplying meds to your patient?

CC meetings are good as a back up but not the answer long term

long term is why there are CG.(Care Givers)

There have been issues in the past with MMMA meetings and Leo,

they might just be putting the people with cards as a priority,

if Leo comes knocking.........

From what I know they are ran by a person or group of people

there fore each meeting in each town can differ a tinge.

99% of what I have heard is positive, perhaps once you get your cards you will have a better opinion?

Plants take time to grow, chronic pain is constant. What does LEO have to do with a total lack of communication? I said nothing negative about the people (just the opposite). But I was told one thing when joining and another thing after joining. Two different things in fact.

Although I'm not a member, I do know several members, have been to some of the functions and can vouch for the club.

They're probably just trying to cover their azz, like everyone else...

Try networking with other CG's in your area.

Networking was my reason for joining. But if I'm not allowed into the functions, how can I network?

They may be covering their azz (man I hate talking like this.I feel like a 9yr old idiot) but they left mine and more important MY PATIENT's azz hanging.

The folks I met there were very friendly. And I'd like to meet more.

Look...if the people running a club can't communicate with each other when they're in the same room, how can they effectively communicate with the general membership or the public at large? Read the rules for their private meetings in the calendar section:

"Royal Grill Kabob Banquet Hall 3301 Rochester Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073 Private Meeting for Registered Patients Only, Must have State registered valid card and or paper work verifying it has been sent and received by the MDCH. Caregivers, Patients come on out to our weekly event for patients and caregivers only. Meet new people, learn about new strains, find those hard to find strains, meds and clones. $5 at the door and yearly membership dues are required if you are not a MOCC member already, we do not accept other club cards for these gatherings and the MOCC membership is a requirement. THIS IS A PRIVATE GATHERING FOR REGISTERED PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS ONLY! NO EXCEPTIONS EVER AND NO ENTRY WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION CARD OR PAPERWORK! For more info please email info@thc4u.com

more details» copy to my calendar"

And nowhere does it say here or on their sight "Rules subject to change WITHOUT notice."

If you need meds to fill the gap get your arse to a disp so your patient isn't suffering. The only one I can attest to is the one in Dryden, which is probably quite a drive from you. I believe I heard there is one in Farmington Hills, but I couldn't tell you where. I am not big on CC meetings, but I must confess I have only gone to one. Even then I was late enough to wave good bye to the people leaving the meeting. Looked like they were suspicious of who I was, I can't blame them. It was an open meeting so anyone, even LEO if they wanted, could attend. Maybe LEO should attend open meetings and learn about MM and hear some live testimonials. Ok, I'm just rambling now....

Networking was my reason for joining. But if I'm not allowed into the functions, how can I network?

They may be covering their azz (man I hate talking like this.I feel like a 9yr old idiot) but they left mine and more important MY PATIENT's azz hanging.

The folks I met there were very friendly. And I'd like to meet more.

Look...if the people running a club can't communicate with each other when they're in the same room, how can they effectively communicate with the general membership or the public at large? Read the rules for their private meetings in the calendar section:

"Royal Grill Kabob Banquet Hall 3301 Rochester Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073 Private Meeting for Registered Patients Only, Must have State registered valid card and or paper work verifying it has been sent and received by the MDCH. Caregivers, Patients come on out to our weekly event for patients and caregivers only. Meet new people, learn about new strains, find those hard to find strains, meds and clones. $5 at the door and yearly membership dues are required if you are not a MOCC member already, we do not accept other club cards for these gatherings and the MOCC membership is a requirement. THIS IS A PRIVATE GATHERING FOR REGISTERED PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS ONLY! NO EXCEPTIONS EVER AND NO ENTRY WITHOUT PROPER IDENTIFICATION CARD OR PAPERWORK! For more info please email info@thc4u.com

more details» copy to my calendar"

And nowhere does it say here or on their sight "Rules subject to change WITHOUT notice."

In your first post you said this...

I went to the first two private meetings with no problems. People were friendly and helpful. They made me feel welcome. Meds were good quality and reasonably priced.

So you were networking. Did you not get these people's names and numbers? Why can't you deal with these people on a individual basis instead of pulling the whole club into this?

Honestly, not trying to poop in yer cheerios, but this thread is eventually going to get bomarded by MOCC club members and it's probably not going to end pretty...

It's NOT their job to keep your patient supplied, regardless.

In your first post you said this...

So you were networking. Did you not get these people's names and numbers? Why can't you deal with these people on a individual basis instead of pulling the whole club into this?

Honestly, not trying to poop in yer cheerios, but this thread is eventually going to get bomarded by MOCC club members and it's probably not going to end pretty...

It's NOT their job to keep your patient supplied, regardless.

No it's not their job, it's mine. But it is their job to keep club members informed.

This is all new to me. In my dealings before MM became (semi) legal the first thing you said to a seller was not 'what's your name and number'. Sorry but in my circles that would be considered...what's the word...intrusive. Or maybe rude would be better.

I don't trust new people right off hand. I like to get to know them ( and they I) before getting into a relationship (of any kind) with them. A personal flaw of mine perhaps but that is the way I am.

Why members would "bombard" me for pointing out a lack of communication in our organization I don't know? This may effect others who may not say anything and just write the club off. I rather address problems and see what can be done to solve them to everyones satisfaction.

As for it ending ugly...what do you mean? I've talked to some folks already and I don't think there's any ill will. We all want things to work out ( in fact I'm down as a volunteer).

Besides...I your going to a MM advocate you need to have a thick hide. A little criticism should just be welcome compared to the pure hate and fear leveled at us.

No it's not their job, it's mine. But it is their job to keep club members informed.

This is all new to me. In my dealings before MM became (semi) legal the first thing you said to a seller was not 'what's your name and number'. Sorry but in my circles that would be considered...what's the word...intrusive. Or maybe rude would be better.

I don't trust new people right off hand. I like to get to know them ( and they I) before getting into a relationship (of any kind) with them. A personal flaw of mine perhaps but that is the way I am.

Why members would "bombard" me for pointing out a lack of communication in our organization I don't know? This may effect others who may not say anything and just write the club off. I rather address problems and see what can be done to solve them to everyones satisfaction.

As for it ending ugly...what do you mean? I've talked to some folks already and I don't think there's any ill will. We all want things to work out ( in fact I'm down as a volunteer).

Besides...I your going to a MM advocate you need to have a thick hide. A little criticism should just be welcome compared to the pure hate and fear leveled at us.

you are right to speak up i do not go to that meeting that you talk about because i do not have the money to pay to network so i go to the free one's and put in my $2.00

Just trying to help pal. I also messaged you. Contact that guy and you should be golden.... :rolleyes:

I hope that you fully understand why we have these rules for the private meetings they are to protect you and the other members from LEO encounters, as you have talked to Christina earlier and found out what is up. Our Private Event Guidelines are posted on our site in the forums now, sorry for the delay, You must have either a actual caregiver card or you MUST have your patient with you if you only have your caregiver paperwork, if you are also a patient your good to go. The confusion was with this I do believe and I apologize. Any questions please email info@thc4u.com as this is the information email not the gmail which is only for the calendar. No hurt feelings I hope, Have a great night and a better week ahead.

Guidelines for Private Meetings can be found here , you must be registered on the site to view. :)

Peace to you all and see you all soon.

Steve

I joined the MOCC in early May. At that time I was told by the club president that my paperwork would be enough to get me in the private meetings. I needed a source of good meds for my patient (who knows nothing about MM) and thought this would be a good club in my area.

Then I went to the third private meeting. I was told at the door that the rules had been changed and caregivers would not be welcomed with out a card. After some discussion I was let in and told the new rules would be posted before the next meeting. Come Saturday the 26th and no new rules, no new anything.

After inquiring about the new rules a post by a 'board admin' says the new rules have been 'printed and are being passed around'. He also said "No Caregivers will be allowed without a card, period" and I should "Make other arrangements until you get your card".

This after being told by the club president at the last meeting that caregivers will be allowed in with a patient even if all they had was paper work.

So if I go to the Jul 5th meeting (my patient can't go to the 6/28 meeting meaning a week without meds) with my patient will we be allowed in? Will they have to buy a $25 membership fee (plus the $5 entrance fee plus the $5 entrance fee for me thats $35. We only have $50 total to spend. That would leave us $15 to spend on meds)or is mine enough? No one seems to know.

When I asked other people running the club at the last meeting no one had even heard of a rule change. They can't even keep the people in charge informed. How can they operate like this?

I understand that we're all in unknown territory here but we need to work together on this and part of that is being informed. Communication. When an organization can't even communicate with it's own ruling body (they were all in the same room for goodness sake) I don't have much faith in them to inform the public that MM people are responsible and organized.

Is it just me or have others had these problems? Not just with the MOCC but with other groups as well. They've told me "The rules are firm, to protect everyone (its not you Ryoki)" and yet it is me (and my patient) who have the feeling that after joining the club we were treated as if to say 'thanks for the dues, come back later and we'll let you in when you get a card'.

Not very compassionate by any standard.

P.S. I have no ill will toward anyone there, but I'm getting the impression that perhaps they could use help in running the club. And yes, I volunteered my time.

I hope that you fully understand why we have these rules for the private meetings they are to protect you and the other members from LEO encounters, as you have talked to Christina earlier and found out what is up. Our Private Event Guidelines are posted on our site in the forums now, sorry for the delay, You must have either a actual caregiver card or you MUST have your patient with you if you only have your caregiver paperwork, if you are also a patient your good to go. The confusion was with this I do believe and I apologize. Any questions please email info@thc4u.com as this is the information email not the gmail which is only for the calendar. No hurt feelings I hope, Have a great night and a better week ahead.

Guidelines for Private Meetings can be found here , you must be registered on the site to view. :)

Peace to you all and see you all soon.

Steve

No problem with the rules. Just the way I was informed. I'm sure there are others who were confused and angered by the way this was handled. I'm just more vocal then most.

No hurt feelings other then disappointment. I had fun at those meetings and with the new rules and extra cost it may be awhile before I can attend another. This saddens me.

Be sure and tell Will and Digital Nomad not to hold to much of a grudge against me. I think they're good guys and I would feel a loss if I didn't get to know them better. I can come off as a prick sometimes, but deep down I'm sweetheart. Ask my friends...if you can find one. :))

Archived