Opportunity Knocks

There's no room in my house, and I have custody issues to be concerned with, so I've been looking for a location for my grow. A friend presented a great opportunity, but I have some concerns regarding Federal law. The grow would be in a very secure location, not accessible to the public, no chance of light leaks, easily vented, yet near my home. The building (not a home) is close to a school, public library, park and a private daycare. I will be doing "line of sight" checks this week with a laser rangefinder ;) to see what, if anything, is within the 1,000' Drug Free Zone.

Can anyone tell me what the Drug Free Zone law applies to? Is it just the entities I've mentioned, or are there others I need to be concerned about? And do I really need to be concerned?

Thank you most kindly.

There's no room in my house, and I have custody issues to be concerned with, so I've been looking for a location for my grow. A friend presented a great opportunity, but I have some concerns regarding Federal law. The grow would be in a very secure location, not accessible to the public, no chance of light leaks, easily vented, yet near my home. The building (not a home) is close to a school, public library, park and a private daycare. I will be doing "line of sight" checks this week with a laser rangefinder ;) to see what, if anything, is within the 1,000' Drug Free Zone.

Can anyone tell me what the Drug Free Zone law applies to? Is it just the entities I've mentioned, or are there others I need to be concerned about? And do I really need to be concerned?

Thank you most kindly.

I will be doing "line of sight i think it's the way the crow fly's

Thank you most kindly.

You are going in the right direction being proactive. The city you live in is going to set those guidelines and I am sure those guidelines will be coming soon. You will also have to be concerned with plant counts as I have seen posts on this here forum regarding cities trying to set their own MMJ guidelines where they can.

The drug free zone penalties are an enhanced penalty if a law is broken....it doesn't make it illegal to grow legal MJ within 1000' of a school. If this were the case, most urban areas would be off-limits to not only growing but also using MJ.

If you are still concerned about this, understand that the 1000' is measured from the closest part of the offending site to the closest part of the school, including parking lots, admin buildings, garages, etc.

You're legal. Stay legal, and go for it.

Archived