Looking To Move To Mi

natural

hey guys and girls,

where is the best area in the state for the least trouble from laws enforcement ? is there a max amount of patients a caregiver can have? i didn't think dispensary's were in the MI mmj bill? did they change that? i have 6 years of commercial experience and im a grower from down south thinking of relocation... for the main reason of supplying meds at very affordable prices due to automation's and high tech productivity methods. however patients have to have documented use...cancer,ms,glaucoma ect..would love to be near one of the lakes... also looking for some cool people to meet... or coops to join...thanks

nh

Bro don’t mention prices on this board. If you’re not doing it out of the kindness of your heart their not having it. I'm also relocating to mi to set up shop. Ann Arbor seems to have a good tolerance for marijuana, so that’s where my wife and I have decided to live and grow. You can only have 5 patients in MI and are only allowed to grow 12 plants per patient, so a total of 60 plants. There are ways to provide to more legally though, you just got to get a little creative. I have to say though my wife and I have been researching this move for over a year and MI defiantly has the best laws, and untapped market with the number of patients only going to rise (10,000 applications from march to June).

If you dont mind, what methods are you using?

Read the patient area a little. Detroit and An Arbor are good areas. I have seem some stuff about Kalamazoo having some problems but they are a college town so they tend to be more liberal there. If you are looking for beaches the Lake Michigan side is the best. Prettly much anything on the west side of the state is close to nice beaches. Saugatuck is an art area and has a film festival every year. I have not heard of a problem in that area. Stay away from Saginaw as they are having a lot of problems. Of course if the Asian carp get into the lakes the beaches will not be so nice anymore.

Technically if you can be a patient and a caregiver for 5 patients so you could have 72 plants but it seems like most police departments are counting clones as part of that number. There is no provision in the law for co-ops or dispensaries. I am expecting another year or so of court cases to sort out that issue.

Detroit is the place to be. Cheap houses are abundant although you have to be careful what area you buy into. There are so many other probs the cops have to deal with here marijuana is low on the list. We have a steady stream of new young ppl moving here taking over all the properties available, turning old run down neighborhoods into viable communities. We have great music and nightlife, a strong community of artists, its definitely an up and coming place to be. Detroit will also most likely legalize marijuana this November if you have an ounce or under.

You hear about certain poor communities that are completely transformed into great places to live because the rent is so cheap. The young art types move in and pretty soon you have a Greenwich Village, Id like to think of Detroit as that type of place. With all the changes in MJ laws I believe the D is going to be the place to live if your looking to make a living growing for patients.

If your thinking about Detroit you can PM me and Ill help you out asa best I can.

A good local forum to check out is Detroityes.com Anything you want to know about Detroit you can ask there and get a solid answer.

I lived in the Ann Arbor area for years, everything is perfect there and perfectly expensive. It has no edge to it. Perfectly boring if you ask me.

David Sedaris would live in Ann Arbor, his sister would live in Detroit if that makes any sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Ann Arbor for sure. If you want to be in more of a country setting look just West of Ann Arbor at Scio Township, Chelsea and places like that in Washtenaw County. Ypsilanti, bordering Ann Arbor to the East is cool too. It's a little more laid back than Ann Arbor. These days A2 is yuppie city. It's still a great place to live though. Ann Arbor is the home of the $5 fine (now $25) for possession or sale of "marijuana."

God.. So many positives about MI. As a business owner, I would not have chosen to come here in the last 2-3 years. I'm going on 20years of being in business here.(not in Auto) We have all seen the economy's ups and downs. Not like in the last few years. Don't get me wrong I love this place but I don't see how people make it day to day on the unemployment and or salary's they are taking home. I have had my share to lay offs lately and it's not a very good feeling when you go to sleep at night. It's going to take MI a long time to recover from this and It won't be from the auto industry to open 600 jobs at a battery plant to fix this problem. (how about they start paying taxes again like everyone else) Sorry for the Nancey negative outlook. But, there has to be other states with good laws on MMJ that have a thriving economy.

Hello everybody I have been lurking for awhile and decided to come on in and say HI. I am wanting to move somewhere between Ann Arbor and probably Detroit since my wife is transfering to Dearborn. I need an MMJ friendly town, since I am going to be a caregiver and would rather not be in the city. I like my privacy. Anyways thanks for any helpful information.

Archived