Royaloak Mmj Wearhouse

bobandtorey

All grow rooms are, is an indoor nursery which I think is totally compatible for an industrial use. This facility would comply with all Michigan laws, it would have 24 hour security and the only visitors to this site would be the caregivers. No dispensary services will be performed from this facility.

For your consideration, we would recommend that in modifying the zoning laws, the city could also require an application fee for each caregiver and an annual license fee. Additionally, the city could require that a revenue tax be paid on all caregiver/patient services."

I still am having a hard time understanding how this will be of help to CG and patients. It may be a warehouse but security issues will out weight any fair price for rent whether it's a co op or not. I realize all municipalities are suffering as I work with my budget in which I have lost tax revenues as well from the excessive number of foreclosed homes / businesses in my community. I would like to see nothing more than Michigan creating jobs whether its hemp or some sort of MM type of business, that is if there is truly compassion behind the movement for MM types of businesses. Who will profit from these warehouses and will the rent be a fair price to all, I see separate locked grow rooms / spaces for each care giver and really that's good, but just how many of us will flock to this place to grow? Mite infestation, how do they propose to control that? Can they really secure the entire building??? That remains to be seen considering the millions of dollars of meds that will be grown there. Just think we could possibly have a building where the LEO can just sit outside the gate and grab us or better yet take pictures of us, follow us to patients homes when we deliver their meds, get license plate numbers etc and keep tabs on us. Sorry, this is not for me...think I will keep doing what I'm doing for now.

....application fee's, rent, security 24x7, additional license for to even use facility...taxes????? That sure drives up the price of an ounce!

I won't be there....I have to chair meetings similar to this all the time. It's a long shot for this guy, but he has the right under auspices they are denying him the right to utilize a business use of his building. This is an old tactic to force a change in zoning laws...will it work?

Skeptical Dizz

the city could also require an application fee for each caregiver and an annual license fee. Additionally, the city could require that a revenue tax be paid on all caregiver/patient

thank you for this stament

this may work for the city but not for me

lets see i think this would drive up the price for pateints and the bug issue i need mine close

If I asked 10 times I've asked 100 times, just whose pockets are these guy's trying to line with gold. I'm open to commercial development because this is just one aspect of my job as a public official. Now, am I open to some guy walking in and getting rich off the sick and low income???? ABSOLUTELY NOT, not even if it's in my community where I have a say so over what types of businesses can start up in these empty warehouses. You don't tax and force additional license fee's on the sick and those with limited incomes! This is not necessarily what we voted for, at least this is not what I voted for. A non profit dispensary run by a co-op of caregivers which works on a sliding scale in respect to incomes for the price of their meds....OK I can see this as compassionate and working for the benefit of all, but not warehouses.

Dizz

All the articles in the paper sound all warm and fuzzy when they talk about generating business. Keep in mind folks they want to license you again and impose a tax with this request. Its in their letter of request as well as their prepared resolution presented to the city.

Skeptical Dizz

Archived