Supplying Dispensaries?

GreenMagic

I was just curious if anyone knew the details on how they are getting their supply and if they are going through caregivers how does that process work? I know this topic will entice all of the nonprofit caregivers to go on anti profit rants, but I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me the details.

The dispensaries that I know of and have been to personally (Ann Arbor, East Lansing, Dryden, and a few more) all accept overages from caregivers up to 15oz (Michigan LB) pending on the caregivers patient number. I know you mentioned people will bring up the profit, but I will touch on it since it is an aspect of what your time and effort is worth to you. Dispensaries generally top out at $250ish an oz obviously pending on your quality. The problem I have found, is that a few dispensaries owners don't really seem to know what makes medicine top grades, and it seems fairly obvious to me that most dispensaries go off of bag appeal, and generally don't even ask any genetics or anything.... sounds like someone who knows there’s money in this market but doesn't want to do the work. I agree with trying to go to local compassion clubs, that way you can even create a client list from patients you meet and as long as you guys are compatible you will develop a relationship with a patient, and it will be ongoing and personal. Instead of taking in your overages, having everyone who works at the dispensary stick their head in the bag and go ohh the smells good, ohh that looks nice ect. and then having the owner "accidentally" short you $200. (A dispensary in MI did that to me the first time I took 8oz to a dispensary.) My advice is to start smaller if you want to work with a dispensary, unfortunately I know there are some dispensaries have "contracts" with certain caregivers and are not open to taking any more until the demand rises. Do some of your own research as well, go in and talk to the people at the dispensary, if its slow and you feel comfortable bring up overages to whoever is in charge and they will usually give you the whole process they use, that's how I have received all of the information I have relayed here.

The dispensaries that I know of and have been to personally (Ann Arbor, East Lansing, Dryden, and a few more) all accept overages from caregivers up to 15oz (Michigan LB) pending on the caregivers patient number. I know you mentioned people will bring up the profit, but I will touch on it since it is an aspect of what your time and effort is worth to you. Dispensaries generally top out at $250ish an oz obviously pending on your quality. The problem I have found, is that a few dispensaries owners don't really seem to know what makes medicine top grades, and it seems fairly obvious to me that most dispensaries go off of bag appeal, and generally don't even ask any genetics or anything.... sounds like someone who knows there’s money in this market but doesn't want to do the work. I agree with trying to go to local compassion clubs, that way you can even create a client list from patients you meet and as long as you guys are compatible you will develop a relationship with a patient, and it will be ongoing and personal. Instead of taking in your overages, having everyone who works at the dispensary stick their head in the bag and go ohh the smells good, ohh that looks nice ect. and then having the owner "accidentally" short you $200. (A dispensary in MI did that to me the first time I took 8oz to a dispensary.) My advice is to start smaller if you want to work with a dispensary, unfortunately I know there are some dispensaries have "contracts" with certain caregivers and are not open to taking any more until the demand rises. Do some of your own research as well, go in and talk to the people at the dispensary, if its slow and you feel comfortable bring up overages to whoever is in charge and they will usually give you the whole process they use, that's how I have received all of the information I have relayed here.

Thanks a lot buddy. This info was verry helpful!

Another thing I want to throw in real quick then I am done, since the laws on them is so grey just be careful and don't go in saying you can bring a MI LB a day or anything like that. I have heard rumors (which is why I'm not naming anything) from very reliable sources in their respective profession that some cities where there are dispensaries, they are being monitored by the police while they plan how to take them down. I also know for a fact one dispensary owner can not legally be a caregiver, let alone own a dispensary but thats a personal matter that I'm not willing to talk about in public besides that tidbit. Just be careful with dispensaries, I have praised some, I have talked down on some but in LEOs eyes (in most cities/counties) we still are criminals, and a building where we all go and always have medication or "drugs" on us, I don't know it just doesn't sit well with me. I admire your compassion and drive to want to help supply dispensaries just use common sense and your own judgement before you take anything in or out of there.

Another thing I want to throw in real quick then I am done, since the laws on them is so Grey just be careful and don't go in saying you can bring a MI LB a day or anything like that. I have heard rumors (which is why I'm not naming anything) from very reliable sources in their respective profession that some cities where there are dispensaries, they are being monitored by the police while they plan how to take them down. I also know for a fact one dispensary owner can not legally be a caregiver, let alone own a dispensary but thats a personal matter that I'm not willing to talk about in public besides that tidbit. Just be careful with dispensaries, I have praised some, I have talked down on some but in Leos eyes (in most cities/counties) we still are criminals, and a building where we all go and always have medication or "drugs" on us, I don't know it just doesn't sit well with me. I admire your compassion and drive to want to help supply dispensaries just use common sense and your own judgment before you take anything in or out of there.

Marihuana is legal in Michigan

Marihuana is legal in Michigan

I am aware of that, I am a caregiver of 5 patients as well as being a patient my self. I was saying in my opinion there are a few dispensaries that I will not step within 1000 feet of soley because I know that they are not running the dispensary according to the very "grey area" laws and lack of laws ect. I was trying to help the OP on the question he asked, I made it very clear that "it doesn't sit well with ME" in my own opinion. Use common sense when working with a dispensary.

Lets clear this all up before anyone takes anything I put in text the wrong way and thinks I am not supporting the dispensary aspect of our world, that is not the case. Just like everything in the world there are good establishments, and there are bad establishments. From being involved in this industry for a decent amount of time, and with my networking I have been fortunate enough to meet a lot of important people in this world that we have. With these connections comes information on other people that are mutual friends ect. I 100% support dispensaries, AS LONG AS they are following the laws of the state of MI. I understand that there are no set in stone laws for a dispensary per say, but common sense tells me that if the owner and all employees are caregivers, full of patients and the amount of medicine on site is legal, all city rules are followed ect. Unfortunately the bad establishments also pop up with a bright dream of quick profit for the wrong reasons. Compassion clubs are great because you can meet people one on one and see if you work together well, and GENERALLY you will be able to find meds at a better price from a caregiver instead of having a dispensary in the middle. I myself visit the dispensary in Dryden when I need personal meds, or when I want to try something else or candy or whatever. If I am in Ann Arbor I will stop by a dispensary and if I want something I will certainly buy it. I have honestly contributed thousands of dollars of income to my local dispensaries, as well as providing overages from my harvests to local LEGAL dispensaries. There is a need for dispensaries in this industry, and our state needs to implement a law so a dispensary will not be a grey area and no one will have to worry about being followed home or any other horror story you can come up with patients leaving "illegal" dispensaries. I FULLY support every aspect of our community and the industry that comes along with it. I am willing to help any patient or caregiver in Michigan with whatever needs they have, my email is in my signature and in my profile, if you ever need anything or even just have a question feel free to email me. I have been done my research, I have helped many patients and caregivers locally, and I want to extend that offer to any patient that is LEGAL. We have to stick together, follow the laws that have been placed on our community, and show the state and the federal government that this is actually a legitimate medicine, not a "drug". I am an advocate for Medical Marijuana and I proudly wear it tattooed into my skin for life, weed out the bad ones that abuse our new laws, stick together as a community state wide, use forum boards to help network ect. and everyone will be happy.

Nicely said michiganmedclones. Once I am all legal as patient and possible caregiver I hope things will be better as far as dispensaries are concerned. there is a big project in the works here in the monroe area I here. I hope that goes over well and things are all legit.

Lets clear this all up before anyone takes anything I put in text the wrong way and thinks I am not supporting the dispensary aspect of our world, that is not the case. Just like everything in the world there are good establishments, and there are bad establishments. From being involved in this industry for a decent amount of time, and with my networking I have been fortunate enough to meet a lot of important people in this world that we have. With these connections comes information on other people that are mutual friends ect. I 100% support dispensaries, AS LONG AS they are following the laws of the state of MI. I understand that there are no set in stone laws for a dispensary per say, but common sense tells me that if the owner and all employees are caregivers, full of patients and the amount of medicine on site is legal, all city rules are followed ect. Unfortunately the bad establishments also pop up with a bright dream of quick profit for the wrong reasons. Compassion clubs are great because you can meet people one on one and see if you work together well, and GENERALLY you will be able to find meds at a better price from a caregiver instead of having a dispensary in the middle. I myself visit the dispensary in Dryden when I need personal meds, or when I want to try something else or candy or whatever. If I am in Ann Arbor I will stop by a dispensary and if I want something I will certainly buy it. I have honestly contributed thousands of dollars of income to my local dispensaries, as well as providing overages from my harvests to local LEGAL dispensaries. There is a need for dispensaries in this industry, and our state needs to implement a law so a dispensary will not be a grey area and no one will have to worry about being followed home or any other horror story you can come up with patients leaving "illegal" dispensaries. I FULLY support every aspect of our community and the industry that comes along with it. I am willing to help any patient or caregiver in Michigan with whatever needs they have, my email is in my signature and in my profile, if you ever need anything or even just have a question feel free to email me. I have been done my research, I have helped many patients and caregivers locally, and I want to extend that offer to any patient that is LEGAL. We have to stick together, follow the laws that have been placed on our community, and show the state and the federal government that this is actually a legitimate medicine, not a "drug". I am an advocate for Medical Marijuana and I proudly wear it tattooed into my skin for life, weed out the bad ones that abuse our new laws, stick together as a community state wide, use forum boards to help network ect. and everyone will be happy.

Archived