Hempy ?'s

MartinP26

Do you need to put a screen inside the hempy bucket?? Some people say you must glue a screen inside the bucket to seperate the water from the perlite. Is that true? Or can u just drill the whole and fill the bucket with perlite?? Also i have heard you can mix osmocote (?) with perlite and you never need to add nutes! And hempy himself says it works. If this is true, it must be the best process out there! lol

i use a screen,it helps keep the media in the bucket.i went to the hardware store and picked up a small mesh "hardware cloth".if you go to a fine mesh screen it can get plugged.i used a good grade sealant to glue it inside the bucket.this will work well for you when you flush your plants...good luck with your grows..if you have questions just ask....zb

im seriously considering a hempy journal to help folks out that do not want soil and are too timid to try bubblebuckets.

I go with Hempy buckets for a few different reasons.

1.) Cost. - No pumps, no need to build a res, no need for a res cooler, no need for PH / EC / PPM meters.

2.) Simplicity - I use the Lucas Formula with GH 3 Part, which means no PH / EC / PPM measuring or adjusting.

3.) Ease - No maintenance, no need to flush, I feed at 100% every watering from clone with great results, regardless of strain! No pumps to fail! No hoses to clog! No need to worry about power going out! No need to guess when to water (just water every other day until water drains out the drain hole)!

I feel hempy buckets are superior to all other forms of hydro for the reasons given, it's simply put foolproof and they just plain work. With other hydro and aeroponic systems there are many ways the systems can fail, and often times even a few minutes without power can cause damage to your precious plants in other hydro systems. With hempy buckets power can go out for hours, or even days at a time, and it shouldn't cause any issues.

I go with Hempy buckets for a few different reasons.

1.) Cost. - No pumps, no need to build a res, no need for a res cooler, no need for PH / EC / PPM meters.

2.) Simplicity - I use the Lucas Formula with GH 3 Part, which means no PH / EC / PPM measuring or adjusting.

3.) Ease - No maintenance, no need to flush, I feed at 100% every watering from clone with great results, regardless of strain! No pumps to fail! No hoses to clog! No need to worry about power going out! No need to guess when to water (just water every other day until water drains out the drain hole)!

I feel hempy buckets are superior to all other forms of hydro for the reasons given, it's simply put foolproof and they just plain work. With other hydro and aeroponic systems there are many ways the systems can fail, and often times even a few minutes without power can cause damage to your precious plants in other hydro systems. With hempy buckets power can go out for hours, or even days at a time, and it shouldn't cause any issues.

Excellent points, MI Compassion.  I switched away from Hempy Buckets to try coco, and currently grow in coco in Smart Pots.  I was looking at my old Hempy Buckets today and thinking of trying a side by side with Hempys vs. coco Smart Pots.

I feed in coco exactly the same way as you, the same recipe every time, every day, watering just until runoff.  Only measure ph/PPM once every few weeks to make sure nothing has changed.  The simplicity is definitely worth something.

Also i have heard you can mix osmocote (?) with perlite and you never need to add nutes! And hempy himself says it works.

BAD, BAD, BAD info.

simply not true :(

no offense to you as you were just passing along something you heard.................. but it is false.

you WILL have less than capable yields.

Archived