Reminder

HerbanLegendSeeds

Calibrate your PH/EC/PPM meters every week. High quality gear usually will stay locked on but I have been finding that cheaper PH pens need to be re-calibrated every few weeks. Just thought I would post this up as I found one of my patients problems after he grew a successful crop last run and this run he has nutrient lockout issues due to improper ph because his meter was off by .7

Calibrate your PH/EC/PPM meters every week. High quality gear usually will stay locked on but I have been finding that cheaper PH pens need to be re-calibrated every few weeks. Just thought I would post this up as I found one of my patients problems after he grew a successful crop last run and this run he has nutrient lockout issues due to improper ph because his meter was off by .7

+or minus 1 i could live with but .7 is a lot thanks for the post

I use inexpensive meters and my pH in particular tends to stray about .1 every week. The more you calibrate, the more you become familiar with the pattern by which your meter loses accuracy (if indeed it does). This is a great reminder and an easy maintenance tip.

Archived