Robbers Get Away With Tv, Car -- And Pot Plants

Detroit -- A couple found themselves in an unusual situation this morning when they had to report to police that armed home invaders stole their TV, car and a number of marijuana plants they had been growing.

According to the Detroit Police Department Office of Public Information, three men armed with assault rifles burst into a home in the 7660 block of Fielding at about 6 a.m.

The men tied up the couple, ages 29 and 35, and then proceeded to rob the house before driving off in the couple's Dodge Charger. Three children living in the home were unharmed and were not tied up, according to Sgt. Eren Stephens.

Police suspect the home was a growing location for the marijuana and may have been the reason for the robbery. All aspects of the incident are under investigation.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100803/METRO01/8030398/1361/Robbers-get-away-with-TV--car----and-pot-plants#ixzz0vZIwwTa9

when you said that they were robbed by 3 men, with assult rifles,@ 6am,i assumed it was the police,it must have been off duty police who forgot their handcuffs...you may find them riding around in the car,look for "stolen from a drug dealer"painted on the door....i wonder how hard leo will look to find the thieves,,,i'm just glad to hear no one was hurt...zb

when you said that they were robbed by 3 men, with assult rifles,@ 6am,i assumed it was the police,it must have been off duty police who forgot their handcuffs...you may find them riding around in the car,look for "stolen from a drug dealer"painted on the door....i wonder how hard leo will look to find the thieves,,,i'm just glad to hear no one was hurt...zb

I know you were being partly sarcastic, but the same thought popped into my head.

Archived