Is It Supposed To Look Like This?

pearlysweetcakes

I am 9 1/2 wks into flower of clones of unknown originsatvia? Indica?--i am thinkin Indica--anyways--this is my First Grow & pic's are in that gallery-They are in Pro-mix & I used Dyna-gro & Bloom-From what i can tell the tricones are mostly cloudy with some amber starting to show--I have harvested a few small buds from the bottom & they are ok--BUT I think the cloudy will be better--My question is--The Buds are starting to have small --what looks like leaves come out of them where there are more white hairs--I have looked in books 7 on line & am not sure what is going on--any help in understanding would be appreciated!! Did I wait too late? I am planning on harvesting this sunday--if there is a bit more amber--sooo Help & advice PLEASE!!--

I am 9 1/2 wks into flower of clones of unknown originsatvia? Indica?--i am thinkin Indica--anyways--this is my First Grow & pic's are in that gallery-They are in Pro-mix & I used Dyna-gro & Bloom-From what i can tell the tricones are mostly cloudy with some amber starting to show--I have harvested a few small buds from the bottom & they are ok--BUT I think the cloudy will be better--My question is--The Buds are starting to have small --what looks like leaves come out of them where there are more white hairs--I have looked in books 7 on line & am not sure what is going on--any help in understanding would be appreciated!! Did I wait too late? I am planning on harvesting this sunday--if there is a bit more amber--sooo Help & advice PLEASE!!--

I had the same "leaves" come out of mine. They were actually male flowers - my plant had "hermied" (male flowers on a female plant). Hermies show up in late flowering on some plants. I harvested the next batch a bit earlier with no male flowers and everyone thinks it is better. I quit growing that strain due to its tendency to hermie.

If 50-75% of the hairs are brown/tan, it is probably time to harvest.

I am no pro. But, all in all, looks like you did some great work there. I get the feeling this is just one of those learning experiences. Hopefully i can learn from it too, so i don't do the same thing.

Thanks--I need the words of encourage ment-lol--they looked great during veg but I am not sure why I lost foilage when I got into bloom-Maybe i should have used gro longer into the light change/I switched to Bloom when i went to 12/12 & I don't think I ever got the Bloom f nutes right--maybe someone more advanced can offer us all some advice so this does not happen -I sure don't want it to hapen to me again.

Your just fine, those little growths coming out of your buds should only go about 3 tiers and then dies out. You are just about at its peak so let her reach out one more time, that puts extra bulk on your buds. But don't let it go over to all amber! LOL its just a matter of days!

MJ is like any other plant you find outside in its life cycle. In fall it changes colors and loses leaves at the end of its life. No problem mon

Nanners are usually yellow in color and open up and spit pollen on the crop. Not good if your doing perpetual growing cuz you could find seeds in the next harvest. If not doing perpetual then wash the room down after each grow to make sure the pollen is dead and best to nuke the area for bugs and start up again.

If your doing clones from the same mom, you can get 3 different effects off the same plant. Clear/cloudy mix for a daytime, cloudy for the longest and cloudy/amber for night time. Test them out and find when you like yours harvested best.

Have fun and nice grow

Thanks--I need the words of encourage ment-lol--they looked great during veg but I am not sure why I lost foilage when I got into bloom-Maybe i should have used gro longer into the light change/I switched to Bloom when i went to 12/12 & I don't think I ever got the Bloom f nutes right--maybe someone more advanced can offer us all some advice so this does not happen -I sure don't want it to hapen to me again.

I continue to feed for 2 weeks AFTER I put them in 12-12, read that somewhere on the net...Did the trick! Hope this helps!

Your just fine, those little growths coming out of your buds should only go about 3 tiers and then dies out. You are just about at its peak so let her reach out one more time, that puts extra bulk on your buds. But don't let it go over to all amber! LOL its just a matter of days!Thanks--sure hope that is the case--they are definetly not amber & I have been being "Patient" lol--hate to have that patience back fire on me-I ck it "several" times a day-lol--since I am such a Newbie--I am still workin on focusing on the bud--LOLOOL

MJ is like any other plant you find outside in its life cycle. In fall it changes colors and loses leaves at the end of its life. No problem mon

Nanners are usually yellow in color and open up and spit pollen on the crop. Not good if your doing perpetual growing cuz you could find seeds in the next harvest. If not doing perpetual then wash the room down after each grow to make sure the pollen is dead and best to nuke the area for bugs and start up again.

If your doing clones from the same mom, you can get 3 different effects off the same plant. Clear/cloudy mix for a daytime, cloudy for the longest and cloudy/amber for night time. Test them out and find when you like yours harvested best.

Have fun and nice grow Thanks-I am seeing nothing that looks like pollen at all--have not checked at night yet--so i will do that

I continue to feed for 2 weeks AFTER I put them in 12-12, read that somewhere on the net...Did the trick! Hope this helps!

Do this, I also think the dyno gro GROW is low in N compared to P for supporting foliage growth. The foliage pro is 9-3-6 NPK which is what horticulturists say is the best ratio(3-1-2) for supporting foliage.

Also it dosent have to be a grow based fert during stretch, just enough N in relation to the others. A 1-3-2 Ratio is what I try to shoot for with NPK values in flower.

Archived