Va Records

Willy

Hey All,

I have Hep C, and the VA knows all about it. However if you ever tried to get a medical records release from the VA.. well hurry up and wait.

I also seem to have that scenario that it seems that I have no records. Although I do.Va takes months to release records if at all. My clinic doctor is a DO but he doens't suppor MMJ soo, but he has just decided to have me do a Hep C test again,for his records. He is pushing for a treatment with cancer drugs and chemo therapy, (we have new drugs) but I know the strain that I have is not receptive to treatment. Although elevated liver counts shows something wrong.

Am also seeking a doctor in my area Muskegon/Grand Rapids that would take that into consideration. My Hep is getting to the point that I have sever cramps in my legs, nausea and lack of appetite. Any suggestions. How best to handle this and get certified.

Hey Willy,

I have a Vietnam Veteran patient that is fighting the drugs they have him on for Hep C and it looks to be a tough battle. Over the past few months they have had him inject himself with some crap that makes him very sick. On a positive note the Hep C is no longer showing positive on the latest tests which is a great thing. He swears that medical marijuana helped him live through the past few months of treatment.

He was not able to find any VA doctors in Michigan who would sign for him, and like your case he has a hard time getting records. Your best bet is to contact one of the clinics that post here on this site, there are a few the only one I can think of of the top of my head is Dr. Ruth Buck.

Hope you find the help your looking for, if you need help getting in touch with the Dr let me know.

Here ya go Willy, I copied this from another thread:

Please call Mid-Michigan's Medical Marijuana Rx for information. Our doctor will meet with each patient on a one on one basis. For many, it's the only time they can sit and ask questions, talk about their medical concerns and conditions and get answers. We are happy to help. 989-332-4881.

This is Dr Buck's office I think

Hi, thanks for the info, its appreciated. My only problem is that is way far. And I'm not sure the old car will make it over there. Wish there was something closer for me thats the other side of the state. I'll see if I can get there.

Hey All,

I have Hep C, and the VA knows all about it. However if you ever tried to get a medical records release from the VA.. well hurry up and wait.

I also seem to have that scenario that it seems that I have no records. Although I do.Va takes months to release records if at all. My clinic doctor is a DO but he doens't suppor MMJ soo, but he has just decided to have me do a Hep C test again,for his records. He is pushing for a treatment with cancer drugs and chemo therapy, (we have new drugs) but I know the strain that I have is not receptive to treatment. Although elevated liver counts shows something wrong.

Am also seeking a doctor in my area Muskegon/Grand Rapids that would take that into consideration. My Hep is getting to the point that I have sever cramps in my legs, nausea and lack of appetite. Any suggestions. How best to handle this and get certified.

it shouldn't take long to get your medical records from the VA once you've submitted a release of information. try seeing the county veteran's service officer (if there is one there). barring that try contacting one of the veterans service officers, dav, vfw, american legion etc. hope it all works out well for you.

I have had no problems getting my records from Saginaw or Gaylord on the day I ask for them. I also have hep c and have failed the Tx. You will have no problems qualifying for your card.

The VA doc's can't sign your rec but my mmj use is a documented part of my Tx & my va doc's are good with it.

You must have a clinic near battle creek or call thcf & see when they will be in your area.

My freind I wish you the best, take care of yourself & make yourself eat healthy.

I have been through all of this & it's quite the ride, never a dull moment, you ever have any questions just ask.

• 1 month later...
Guest 1TokeOverLine

If you register online with MyHealtheVet and appear in person once for In Person Authentication, you can download your medical records.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/anonymous.portal;jsessionid=MPcXMTyfg3y3y6LjdqvJQZvv8FydQk12GYx38KpFlLNhCvtTLg19!-1984815750?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=mhvHome

This is a great tool for veterans to renew prescriptions, check their appointments and yes, access their medical records.

Good luck, I don't understand why it would take a long time to get records as important as this.

1T

If you register online with MyHealtheVet and appear in person once for In Person Authentication, you can download your medical records.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/anonymous.portal;jsessionid=MPcXMTyfg3y3y6LjdqvJQZvv8FydQk12GYx38KpFlLNhCvtTLg19!-1984815750?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=mhvHome

This is a great tool for veterans to renew prescriptions, check their appointments and yes, access their medical records.

Good luck, I don't understand why it would take a long time to get records as important as this.

1T

Awesome looking out. This will come in very handy, especially after the in person authentication.

Willy;

I am a vet, hep c. I have been through the therapy for a year. Let me be the first to warn you, unless you are in really bad shape, don't even think about doing the therapy.

They will lie to you about the side effects. Ask them how many people actually finish the treatment. How many are actually free of the virus one year after treatment ends.

Hope you don't have a temper, the therapy will put you in anger management and on anti-depressants, if you can take the punishment.

The doctor who talked me into doing the therapy had once be the VA expert on hep c, got fired because the VA did not want to admit the number of us they infected.

Newer therapy's are in the pipe line. Just finished trails, google FDA for info.

Good luck, wish you the very best.

• 2 weeks later...

We have clinics in the GR and Muskegon area on a weekly basis. Go to my website and check the clinical calendar. www.drbobmmj.com and I'll see if I can help you.

Dr. Bob

Hey All,

Need a liver biopsy to know where your at. Hate to say but the Tx COULD at least give you more time for them to get this figured out. I failed the TX but it did give my liver a break for a year as the Viral count does go down. I cleared but it came back. It is not easy but what else are ya going to do.

You also need to research liver transplant procedures and get & keep yourself in good health otherwise.

One can live with this, alot of changes both mentally & physically.

Best of luck to you, Let us know if you have any questions. Sounds like a bunch of us has been through this already. I'm not going anywhere.

I finally got the records and did get certified. I'm still up in the air about the treatments. I figure i'll let it go till I pass. But ya they don't want to admit chit do they. However my objective was to be certified, i am now..

Thanks for your support guys.

Hey All,

A easy way around the VA problem is to go to any lab and have another blood titer run for Hep C . Problem solved! Fast & easy Good luck to you

I went through that 12 shot program and let me tell you about some of the bunny muffin that i went through. 1st shot ok,2nd shot not to bad, 3rd shot all hell broke loose, couldent eat,sleep,got so cranky had to go to a motel for a couple weeks just so there would be no harm to my family.4th till the end were no picknic either. the only way i could eat was to have a pipe full 3 times a day just to have an appatite. I lost 45 lbs if this what cancer pts go thru i would rather DIE from cancer. By the way,they DONT TELL YOU IT IS ONLY A TEMPERARY FIX NO GAURENTIES.

I have heard that also, i don't think i will be doing them, yes the doctor i have told me that it wouldnt be any form of a cure. I figure why bother,,

Well as to question of why bother......As I see it 'any day above ground is a good day' Good luck to ya!!

Archived