Exhaust Fan

420Atheist

I have a new exhaust fan. One of these. The question is would you put this in the grow room or duct it to the room next to it? Or does it not matter either way?

The plan is to duct this through the clone cabinet with a 150 watt HPS and the 400 watt HPS in the flower area. Even though I am allowed 24 plants we really are only planing 6 in flower and 6 in veg. Even that will probably produce more than enough for my wifes and my needs.

I have a new exhaust fan. One of these. The question is would you put this in the grow room or duct it to the room next to it? Or does it not matter either way?

The plan is to duct this through the clone cabinet with a 150 watt HPS and the 400 watt HPS in the flower area. Even though I am allowed 24 plants we really are only planing 6 in flower and 6 in veg. Even that will probably produce more than enough for my wifes and my needs.

Where do you want exhaust to go? You should draw exhaust from up high where the heat is and to draw freash air from under the door and or your fresh air vent , and through the garden. So then the question is where to send exhaust ?

I would set up a passive intake in your clone/veg chamber, then vent that into the flower area, through a light trap, then in the flower room i'd have a filter, attached to your light, then out of the room, with the fan pulling on the whole system..

I like it, I would try something like this also if possible

Well I was going to just exhaust it into the next room in the basement. I figured I would have to get a filter at some point. I also bought a light reflector with built in vent. The main concern was getting the heat out of the grow room.

6 flowering plants at any given time will pollute your entire house with the sweet dank smell of cannabis which i love but my wife doesnt so myself i went with a htg tallboy cannister filter $106 out the door at htgs taylor store trust me you will thank me later. :thumbsu:

thanks everyone. I got part of it set up this morning. Wow what a difference that makes. The 400 watt light hood is cold to the touch. Down right amazing. It's still a work in progress but getting there.

My poor ducting skills show because the light is now pulled off center by the ducting. Looks like I will have to move the light further away from the wall to compensate for the ducting. It is surprising how much work it takes to set up a decent grow room.

Archived