An Oppurtunity I Believe Overlooked

Ladies and Gentleman. In light of the silverdome event and also other events surrounding medical marijuana in this state. It has come to my attention the value of one part of our medical marijuana laws which has huge potential for us all, this part is only available in two other states which are just simply not as 'cool' as Michigan, Ladies and Gentleman, I am talking to you about the law that allows the state of michigan to honor out of state medical marijuana cards.

Folks and folkets, Bros and Brospehs....This is our golden gate, if you will, our early pearly...because what that means is we can have some huge events here, politically our voices can be heard, with money our pockets can be filled, and last but not least our funny bones can be tickled with some amazing entertainment.....

So whats the plan guys? National Rally at ann-arbor? Trillion Man Marijuana March? Cannabis Cup 2011? What it gonna be? Motown music fests, The world can be ours friends...Keep those events coming oh event organizers...Advertise in other medical marijuana states about your monster events, Bring on the new MJ capitol of the World MICHIGAN BABIE YEAHH :D

Spread the WORD that michigan honors out-of-state cards because people simply do not know this fact!

In recent news Montana is accepting out of state applicants for its medical marijuana program - SO LISTEN UP OHIO, ILLIONOIS AND THE REST OF THE MDWEST - Get your Montana Medical Marijuana Card and Head to Michigan - Its time to Change the World!

I think the results of the harvest fest down at the Silverdome will be a good test of how well the tourism angle will work. It definitely seems like an additional silver lining to the law.

I can't wait to see the first advert from our future Gov. "Come to Michigan, enjoy the fishing, camping, and cannibas."

Agreed. Let's legalize before CA does. Talk about making us a tourist destination. We have beautiful beaches and forest. We could return Detroit to it's rightful place as a music center. I would love to see us take away the title of most marijuana friendly tourist destination from Amsterdam. Not only would it bring in money from other states but it could be an international destination giving us some relief with our trade deficit.

In TV's 'Northern Expose' Maurice had the dream of making the town of Cicely "an Alaskan Riviera," I remember. How I miss that show. Never thought of it before, but Michigan would be a good location for destination spa/ wellness retreats, and so on, that markets directly to MMJ patients. Or destination travel agencies that offer Michigan outdoors excursion trips tailored for medical patients that use MMJ - offering complete medical and legal security along with gourmet attention to details to insure enjoyable visits.

http://www.imdb.com/...t0098878/quotes

I could see the cannabis cup type idea being a great way to attract mm patients/tourists. A city in MI holds the event every year to compete for the title of best meds in the nation. Different categories for different ailments. Now that patients are completely legit traveling with their meds, even with layovers in non-mm states, people could bring their own meds for competition from across the country. Sure sounds like a great way to bring $$ to MI. Great thinking JayBuds!!

another thing to consider-

is that most of michigan is prime growing environment for the same types of strains they grow in cali, and other places. out door mj grown properly, in michigan, especially near the water, has a very distinct set of qualities. we could easily be the "champagne" of mj. particularly because of the mexicans growing in northern cali, and the fact amsterdam has made it illegal for non residents to buy mj products there.

i like the idea of being able to use on private property at a concert or event. i wonder how places like DTE are handling this? it's not public? you should surely be able to burn one out in the parking lot with a card. i've done it plenty without. on the hill too, he-he :).

anyway i haven't heard much about this silverdome thing. it's a party, or concert? tradeshow?

another thing to consider-

is that most of michigan is prime growing environment for the same types of strains they grow in cali, and other places. out door mj grown properly, in michigan, especially near the water, has a very distinct set of qualities. we could easily be the "champagne" of mj. particularly because of the mexicans growing in northern cali, and the fact amsterdam has made it illegal for non residents to buy mj products there.

i like the idea of being able to use on private property at a concert or event. i wonder how places like DTE are handling this? it's not public? you should surely be able to burn one out in the parking lot with a card. i've done it plenty without. on the hill too, he-he :).

anyway i haven't heard much about this silverdome thing. it's a party, or concert? tradeshow?

http://www.harmonyharvestfest.com/

and the fact amsterdam has made it illegal for non residents to buy mj products there.

This is not true, I misread that article at first also, It is a border town near I beleive the belgium border , not the city of amsterdam or holland as a whole, anyone can still buy from the coffee shops in amsterdam

In TV's 'Northern Expose' Maurice had the dream of making the town of Cicely "an Alaskan Riviera," I remember. How I miss that show. Never thought of it before, but Michigan would be a good location for destination spa/ wellness retreats, and so on, that markets directly to MMJ patients. Or destination travel agencies that offer Michigan outdoors excursion trips tailored for medical patients that use MMJ - offering complete medical and legal security along with gourmet attention to details to insure enjoyable visits.

http://www.imdb.com/...t0098878/quotes

You know Battle Creek once was that destination. Did you ever see The Road to Wellville? Sure the movie was a comedy but make no mistake that Dr. Kellogg's ideas made the city what it is today. Or rather what it was at it's peek. :D I see no reason why the state can't become a destination like that if we can just change the paradigm that seems to focus on manufacturing as the only way to save the state from bankruptcy.

Guest TheHempNetwork

The Show Is On!!! - Industries from across North America and Europe will be represented. Join other Distributors, Manufacturers, Medicinal Marijuana, Holistic Health and Alternative Medicine Professionals, Hemp Industry Leaders, Green Living and entrepreneurs offering opportunities in this fast growing industry. Showcase, demonstrate, educate, and sell your products and services to a wide range of attendees. Your product or service has the potential to reach thousands at the Expo! - Contact Patrick Haueter for Exhibitor Info. (650) 530-2092

Archived