Lights For Mother Plant

Brandan

So i currently have my babies vegging under 2 4foot long 32 watt cool white florescents, they love it :) but my room is almost completed so they will be moving under a 600 MH/. well my question is can I use those florescents to keep a mother plant under? Will they keep her healthy or do i need more light?? Im pretty poor so i am hoping that those lights will suffice, i know they r perfect for clones but i need to keep a mother plant....p;lease get back to me guys, thanx in n advance.. :bow:

So i currently have my babies vegging under 2 4foot long 32 watt cool white florescents, they love it :) but my room is almost completed so they will be moving under a 600 MH/. well my question is can I use those florescents to keep a mother plant under? Will they keep her healthy or do i need more light?? Im pretty poor so i am hoping that those lights will suffice, i know they r perfect for clones but i need to keep a mother plant....p;lease get back to me guys, thanx in n advance.. :bow:

Personally I don't think the light intensity would be enough to keep a mother plant strong and vigorus. The problem the light would only be enough to penetrate the top. As a mother grows it needs more energy and it gets most of that energy from your lights. That being said at the very least you should look for t-5's high outputs. Or a 200watt cfl at least.

It'll do until your veg room is done. They might not grow the fastest, but they will be fine.

The lights you have will be fine for now. You will have to add some more lights to keep her happy. A large mom, that you plan to take clones from, needs enough light to make those branches grow. If you want to stick with the florescents, thats fine. I recommend adding more when she gets large enough to give you some clones. At least two more lights. Also, adding florescents to the walls will help with clone size and health. Plus its easy to install. PEACE

Large moms make for more healthy and larger clones. My idea of a large mom is 2-3ft in diameter. Any larger would be, in my opinion, to large. With a good sized mom, choosing clones becomes easier. I would rather choose from 25 possible clones to cut rather than ten. PEACE

The 150 watt clamp lights you talk about work great for moms and clones. They put out a good amount of light with little heat and electrical use. If i remember correctly, the 150 watt CFL's only take 64 watts of juice to use and put out over 2000 lumens. good choice. PEACE

Archived