O My God What Have I Done

sknkwrks

I ordered a new gro tent cause i was running out of room and the heat was to much and i burnt about 5 pretty lill tops i got the tent set it up all was good and then i got a call this morning and i was told my light was still on so now my 12 on 12 off is messed up By The Time They Get Shut Off The Light will be on for 18 hours i planed on setting my timer back to where it should be but i need to know how bad this will mess me up im in my 4th week of flower is there sum thing els i should do please please give me sum advice

how many days has your light timer been off? if only one day you should be OK

i set every thing up last night it was 10 pm when i set the timer and apperently i set it ten am this is the first light problem i have had to deal with every thing was going great untill this

A malfunctioning timer resulted in a continuous 24-hours of light in the flowering room when one plant was at seven weeks and nearly completed with an eight week cycle. It was several days before it became apparent something wasn't right; the previously compact flowers began to stretch.

With the timer functioning again, the plant was fine although it was flowered for an additional week to give the plant a chance to 'tighten-up' after the inadvertant timing issues. Overall, the results were quite satisfactory but hopefully this sort of thing will be avoided in the future.

One might consider trying to return a plant to vegetative growth after flowering is nearly completed just to see the physiological changes a plant will experience when it is reverted back to the vegatative state.

It has now been nearly two-years since Prop 1 passed and well over a year since patients have been allowed to grow. In discussions at our CC it is obvious there is no substitute for experience. One valuable piece of advice I received was to start small, make mistakes and develop suitable techniques to ensure success.

Stay safe. Stay legal. Life is good.

I would make sure your light cycle is now accurate to 12-12, and not worry so much about the mishap. One night of 6hrs extra shouldn't cause too much stress, but it would depend on the strain. I would be careful it did not happen again.

One thing I've learned when switching from 18-6 to 12-12 is to take 3 hrs off the beginning and 3hrs off the end of the cycle, rather than the full 6hrs off the end of the cycle. The sun rises later and sets earlier.

Best of luck to you :thumbsu:

Archived