Thread Deletion

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Your thread wasn't deleted RLP. We were finally able to make the switch last night (like 11:30) to the dedicated box from the shared hosting. Sadly this sites data base is so dang big it takes about 4-5 hours to get it installed. The max cap in php admin is 50mb. This sites database is 305mb. So we use a script called "bigdump" that will take 3000 lines, install it to the new db, then it stops. Gives the server time to rest, then starts from line 3001 to line 6000. This process takes forever.

The sites data base was from 6:30pm yesterday, and by the time we downloaded it, then uploaded it to the new box, then allowed bigdump to do it's job, it ends up 11:30 at night. So post made from 6:30 to 11:30 are gone and we'll not get it back. It's just an acceptable loss for a site this big when it's moved.

This shouldn't happen again for years, as we should now have plenty of room, and memory to run this site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Thank you for this thread and all the wonderful work being done by the folks here.

Because of this thread, I was able to recover some important posts and repost them.

thanks again

Well that's why I try to go into a little detail, so you guys understand what's happened. Like I said, sorry about the post (or images...I didn't mention images uploaded).

Oh thank you for explaining and all the great work you do.

I was scratching my head today as I lost 6 posts, a PM and

one of the threads I posted a "Welcome" to a new member

is gone! I knew I couldn't have forgotten to "add reply"

that many times!! :D

Good to know I didn't just dork out. Sad we lost the posts :(

It's all cool though, just growing pains!.

We are growing so fast and you (&

everyone behind the "scenes") do a fantastic job.

Archived