Federal Law Change

StonedPlanet

I emailed the white house today in hopes that someone will read it. I went into the fact that American citizens are being discriminated against because they are treating a medical condition..

It is time the FEDERAL government at least write laws on MEDICAL MARIJUANA.. But this would involve them removing it from the schedule I list..

Perhaps if everyone who is in this program made a hand written letter about this and mailed it off to the legislators of michigan as well as the white house then maybe we can get something done about the discrimination that is going on here!

In my email, I checked the box for them to contact me reguarding this issue and included my phone number.. I sure hope they call me!

I am not a current patient.. I mailed my paperwork off yesterday ;)

In fact, I told them how much I would really like to get off these vicodins, but that the program does not offer enough protection!

It is a real shame that people are afraid to speak up! You can NOT be penalized for voicing your opinion on the matter to the US government..

That does NOT give them the right to bust in your door!

Acting like a coward only has a negative effect on our program! Speak up or things will NEVER change!

There's a lot of people who don't use MM who voted for the law, if we can get them to write letters, too, that would be a BIG help. No one has to say if they're using or growing it just express an opinion. The federal law does need some changing because a lot of the problems are because of how it is right now including the supposed rights of federally funded housing managers to evict MM patients. Feds are afraid to reschedule MM because it'd mean a lot of things they are against but it's about time they do it, they don't wanna admit it DOES have medicinal value, yet I've heard they grow and distribute it for medical use, so they're hypocrites, too; they also don't wanna do the research and admit it has value because that'd be a slap in the face to their egos; the drug war is a failure too which they don't wanna admit because all this is very lucrative for many people that's a LOT of the problem as usual, GREED. This goddarn fear is strangling us, heck, I'm scared too but I can't let that stop me from doing what I believe is right, I'd never leave my home if I let fear overrule me, so I live with it, which really sucks but surrendering is NOT an option- this is NOT a criminal issue, it's a HEALTH issue and the sooner they realize it the better we all will be. It doesn't mean telling everyone you're using it, you live with the fear every day that something bad could happen, yet you choose to apply for it to ease your suffering. I'm sure we can find a lot of non users who will be willing to write letters, it'd be good to talk to people and ask them, if you know any you can trust, you don't need to reveal anything, if enough people wrote letters I bet it'd make a difference. With any issue, it's not only those directly involved who do the activist work, successful outcomes require those who support a cause, who may not be personally involved, to speak out too. I'm tired of living in fear, I wish we could all work together so we can see the day no one has to be afraid to use MM as their medicine of choice.

Sincerely, Sb

just hope they don't COME calling by kickin in your door. not many people are willin to let the FEDS know that they are patients. right now, it might just be askin for trouble....

ROFL yeah man they now know who you are...Watch your windows for dudes with night vision..You NEVER email the white house!!! ROFL (joking of course)

I agree, cowardice is not how the founders would have behaved. darn redcoats.

But... do we really want a federal law on this? The States are doing just fine seems to me.

As for notifying the White House, the Prez limited fed enforcement of State marijuana patients with the Ogden memo.

Without a change in FEDERAL law the local LEOs will ALWAYS have a way of getting a warrant to kick in your door EVEN if you ARE legal under State law.

People that think we can sit back and relax are IMHO not seeing ALL the aspects of just WHAT can happen IF the Feds or the local 'enforcement' people want to make it difficult for them.

Check out the posts on H.R. 3939 if you really want to try and change things at both the FEDERAL and the STATE levels.

Sorry, but I'm afraid we're not DONE yet.

Archived