Please Help With Advice!

flexiblegoat

I am hoping for some help and advice! Other wise i just want to get my story out here. My name is Nicholas and on 7/3/2010 My life was changed forever! I was pulled over for not wearing my seat-belt and the officer (Officer Belonga) said he smelled pot in the car. I advised him i had smoked earlier that day and that there was a very small amount of pot in the car ( <2 grams). I passed all his field subriety tests including saying the ABC's backwards. He determined that I was under the influence while driving. I was taken to Saint Fransis hospital for a blood test and put in jail for 2 days untill i could pay the 1,000 dollar bail. The blood test was never reviewed by the court nor did they seem to care! In any case I pled guilty to 2 lessor charges. (Use of Weed, and Impaired driving) I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE THIS HAD I KNOW IT WOULD END MY LIFE!!!.

lONG STORY SHORT! I have paid 1200 $ in fines, My Liscense is suspended for 6 months, As well as 6 months probation. I have lost my job with Schoolcraft memorial hosptial and am unable to collect unenployment because of the drug charge! I have a 90,000 dollar student loan that is going unpaid and shortely will be without a car or home becaues I can't afford to pay any bills. I am now left to hitch-hike from Manistique to Eskanaba just to see my probation officer. Before all of this I had completed a bachelors program (computer Science) a final GPA of 3.45 and have never been in trouble a day in my life. Now I will be a Home-less criminal with a 90,000 dollar debt and nothing to my name. The last 5 years of my school work and efforts to secure a job have been flushed down the toilet along with my life for less than 2 grams of weed. If anybody reads this please heed my warning. Do any-thing at all possible to afford a lawyer! The great thing is, I found out that if I had been drinking and driving my job would have not been effected. I dont even work with or see patients at the hospital! I fixed computers! I was Basically told by the Michigan Department of Community Health (Kelli Todoroff) that I should have drank and drove! I would have been alot better off!!! If any one can pass on my story and maybe some job postings or advice of any kind It would mean the world to me!

I am sure the blood test was never brought into court because you pleaded GUILTY!!!

Why would they need to show any evidence if you are pleading guilty?

You admitted guilt - your biggest mistake! The first mistake was giving the LEO probable cause to search your vehicle..

They may not even have had a good case against you, or the judge may have been less strict on you since there was not much marijuana in the car, and it was your first offense..

It doesn't sound much like a DEAL to me!

Wow, this drug war is turning allot of peoples, life upside down. I simply don't think anybody should have to go through what you have. You did say the blood test wasn't even aloud in court?

I think the guilty plea was accepted before the results of the blood test could come back.

Someone advised this person that it was a safe deal being offered. A small fine and probation. The advise did not include all of the other stuff that would come with the guilty plea.

Plea bargains are not a bargain.

I am sure the blood test was never brought into court because you pleaded GUILTY!!!

Why would they need to show any evidence if you are pleading guilty?

You admitted guilt - your biggest mistake! The first mistake was giving the LEO probable cause to search your vehicle..

They may not even have had a good case against you, or the judge may have been less strict on you since there was not much marijuana in the car, and it was your first offense..

It doesn't sound much like a DEAL to me!

Please stop telling this person that it all their fault. Haven't they suffered enough?

Please stop telling this person that it all their fault. Haven't they suffered enough?

What else can you tell them?

They now know what not to do..

Did the plead bargain make it so if u didnt get into any trouble in XX amount of days then it would drop from your record?

I think this may even be a "troll"..

2 posts on their account.. 1 states they just moved to the UP and needs help finding a doctor to get his card..

This is the other post!

I am hoping for some help and advice! Other wise i just want to get my story out here. My name is Nicholas and on 7/3/2010 My life was changed forever! I was pulled over for not wearing my seat-belt and the officer (Officer Belonga) said he smelled pot in the car. I advised him i had smoked earlier that day and that there was a very small amount of pot in the car ( <2 grams). I passed all his field subriety tests including saying the ABC's backwards. He determined that I was under the influence while driving. I was taken to Saint Fransis hospital for a blood test and put in jail for 2 days untill i could pay the 1,000 dollar bail. The blood test was never reviewed by the court nor did they seem to care! In any case I pled guilty to 2 lessor charges. (Use of Weed, and Impaired driving) I NEVER WOULD HAVE DONE THIS HAD I KNOW IT WOULD END MY LIFE!!!.

lONG STORY SHORT! I have paid 1200 $ in fines, My Liscense is suspended for 6 months, As well as 6 months probation. I have lost my job with Schoolcraft memorial hosptial and am unable to collect unenployment because of the drug charge! I have a 90,000 dollar student loan that is going unpaid and shortely will be without a car or home becaues I can't afford to pay any bills. I am now left to hitch-hike from Manistique to Eskanaba just to see my probation officer. Before all of this I had completed a bachelors program (computer Science) a final GPA of 3.45 and have never been in trouble a day in my life. Now I will be a Home-less criminal with a 90,000 dollar debt and nothing to my name. The last 5 years of my school work and efforts to secure a job have been flushed down the toilet along with my life for less than 2 grams of weed. If anybody reads this please heed my warning. Do any-thing at all possible to afford a lawyer! The great thing is, I found out that if I had been drinking and driving my job would have not been effected. I dont even work with or see patients at the hospital! I fixed computers! I was Basically told by the Michigan Department of Community Health (Kelli Todoroff) that I should have drank and drove! I would have been alot better off!!! If any one can pass on my story and maybe some job postings or advice of any kind It would mean the world to me!

but are you a registered patient? you couldnt change your plea?

What else can you tell them?

They now know what not to do..

Did the plead bargain make it so if u didnt get into any trouble in XX amount of days then it would drop from your record?

I think this may even be a "troll"..

2 posts on their account.. 1 states they just moved to the UP and needs help finding a doctor to get his card..

This is the other post!

Yep .. new account. But I remember the story. I think I urged them to not accept a plea deal back then.

That said, no one has walked in their shoes.

This is a standard sentence for any drug conviction. Before you pled nobody told you about the license sanction? Or the fine? Please get a hardship deferment on your loan and work through this. Your life is hardly over. I promise you: This will not even be the worst thing that ever happens to you in your life. I represented dozens of divorced men (and a couple women) who got screwed a lot worse than you to say nothing of the parentless juveniles and the "criminals" (I believed) were actually INNOCENT under the law!

Keep your head about you and in less than a year you can be back on your feet.

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Archived