Cuming Soon To Mi

I will be there soon as I am finishing up here and need to start looking for a place in MI. It seems cops are dicks in southwest MI and that was where I was looking so are there any places around there that might be OK?

My planned set up was a decent lockable greenhouse then a standard basement of ebb of flow. I need to stay with a couple hour driving distance of family as I need to make sure I can get to my moms or may dads house to take care of stuff sometimes and that is in southern WI and IL.

Is there a good list compiled of where all the cops are a little slow in the head and towns that have ordinances against MMJ?

Try to find a home just outside of city limits to avoid hassles from current government, though close enough to modern conveniences ( city water/sewer, natural gas, paved roads ).

As you visit here in MI before a home purchase/rental find someone in that area who is active in the medical cannabis movement, like at one of the many compassion clubs.

Welcome to the MMMA family and to our lovely mitten shaped state.

Try to find a home just outside of city limits to avoid hassles from current government, though close enough to modern conveniences ( city water/sewer, natural gas, paved roads ).As you visit here in MI before a home purchase/rental find someone in that area who is active in the medical cannabis movement, like at one of the many compassion clubs.Welcome to the MMMA family and to our lovely mitten shaped state.

LOL I always used to think it was a big mitten reaching for a wiener.

I am looking at niles this week but will be house hunting anywhere from new buffalo to st joe. I am looking to just try to avoid hassles with real prick nosey buttface cops that think medical MJ is still illegal.

I just need to stay over in that side to make it easy to get back to the chicago and SE WI area. I think ann arbor would be nice but if I went just for that atmosphere I would go to CO as I have friends there already. MI might be a temp gig until IL or WI pull their heads out of their asses.

I am tired of worrying about something happening and just think I might be a little less stressed out in a med state. looking at the map and seeing a little over an hour away and I would be legal is worth the sort move to me.

Is there a good list compiled of where all the cops are a little slow in the head and towns that have ordinances against MMJ?

MMJ ORDINACES

Garden City: Enacted a zoning ordinance requiring medical marijuana businesses to locate in the commercial district and prohibiting them in the central business district.

Grand Rapids: Enacted a six-month moratorium on licensing of any medical marijuana business while the city considers a proposal requiring dispensaries to be located in medical facilities or homes but banning stand-alone dispensaries like those in Los Angeles.

Hazel Park: The city will hear a business proposal from a group in January that wants to open a clinic, school and facility for picking up and smoking medical marijuana in the city's industrial district.

Livonia: The city amended its zoning ordinance to prohibit the licensing of any business that is in violation of local, state or federal law. According to city officials, possession of marijuana violates federal law, and the ordinance prohibits licensing any medical marijuana dispensaries in the city.

Niles: The southwest Michigan city passed an ordinance in May banning the consumption of medical marijuana at a primary caregivers location for cultivation or their legal residence. Another rule says the location from where a caregiver provides services to a qualifying patient cannot be within 1,000 feet of a drug free school zone.

Roseville: Passed a zoning ordinance which requires dispensaries to be in commercial, industry or office districts. The law eliminates residential use for a business and prohibits dispensaries from locating within 1,000 feet of a church, school, zoned residential district or other medical marijuana facility.

Royal Oak: Considering an outright ban on dispensaries as well as requiring them to locate along Woodward Avenue in the commercial district.

Saginaw: The city approved a six-month moratorium on Dec. 7 on medical marijuana business until the city enacts a land use ordinance related to medical marijuana facilities.

Traverse City: http://www.ci.traverse-city.mi.us/marijuana0712.pdf

Well I am going to cancel looking at a house there. Thank you so much for the list I hope a list like this could be stickied and kept up to date while the laws are in flux.

It seems the area I want is very nazi like and I will have to practice the usual amount of discretion.

With that law in niles I wonder if pharmacies that distribute drugs powerful enough to get you addicted and kill you are all 1000 feet away?

Archived