Patient To Patient Transfers

question rev can a patient grow for another patient??

Sure, if they are named on the other patients registration as person who is going to possess the plants. Some folks lack the space, time, money, desire, or physical ability to grow for themselves, and the law allows for them to have somebody else grow for them regardless of their reasoning.

On that same note, somebody can name a caregiver and still choose to grow for themselves, where would a caregiver that isn't growing for a patient get meds for that patient if the caregiver isn't growing the plants for that patient?

I am not arguing for unlimited grows or possession, I am however not going to let what rights we do have as patients and caregivers get stripped away, little by little.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are all good points that we have all touched on, with the exception of greenleaf's pharm's posts. It seems he is too proud of his own interpretations to accept logic. I also want to touch on something new that we haven't discussed yet and that is going back to the initial ballot language. This helps us understand what the legislation intended. This is what voters saw:

INITIATION OF LEGISLATION

An initiation of Legislation to allow under state law the medical use of marihuana;

to provide protections for the medical use of marihuana; to provide for a system of

registry identification cards for qualifying patients and primary caregivers; to

impose a fee for registry application and renewal; to provide for the promulgation

of rules; to provide for the administration of this act; to provide for enforcement of

this act; to provide for affirmative defenses; and to provide for penalties for

violations of this act.

I emphasize the part that reads "and to provide penalties for violations of this act"

If p2p were illegal why was there no penalty for it written into the act. The only penalty for selling marihuana is to those who do not have medical purpose for using it.

Don't know why somebody negged ya for this post, but you got a plus from me to balance it out.

Definitely a fair question, and good point.

Sure, if they are named on the other patients registration as person who is going to possess the plants. Some folks lack the space, time, money, desire, or physical ability to grow for themselves, and the law allows for them to have somebody else grow for them regardless of their reasoning.

On that same note, somebody can name a caregiver and still choose to grow for themselves, where would a caregiver that isn't growing for a patient get meds for that patient if the caregiver isn't growing the plants for that patient?

I am not arguing for unlimited grows or possession, I am however not going to let what rights we do have as patients and caregivers get stripped away, little by little.

how can a patient grow for another patient with beging there caregiver

how can a patient grow for another patient with beging there caregiver

They would become a caregiver... your strawman argument is not going to work very well. You keep wanting to put caveates on your points, and ignore complete sections of the law because they are "redundant" or have some magical seperation on what applies to whom.

I am still awaiting your breakdown of how and why only certain parts of "medical use" apply to patients, and other parts only to caregivers. PLEASE show me in the law where it has a different definition of medical use for those 2 categories.

Oh, and please explain to me the purpose of a patient that grows for themself, but still has a caregiver.

Thanks in advance.

They would become a caregiver... your strawman argument is not going to work very well. You keep wanting to put caveates on your points, and ignore complete sections of the law because they are "redundant" or have some magical seperation on what applies to whom.

I am still awaiting your breakdown of how and why only certain parts of "medical use" apply to patients, and other parts only to caregivers. PLEASE show me in the law where it has a different definition of medical use for those 2 categories.

Oh, and please explain to me the purpose of a patient that grows for themself, but still has a caregiver.

Thanks in advance.

so can a patient assest another patient with the medical use? and where does it say that word for word and to your point a patient does not need a caregiver if he is a patient

PERSON ALLOWED TO POSSESS PATIENT’S MARIHUANA PLANTS: (REQUIRED)

SELECT ONE:  APPLICANT/PATIENT OR  PRIMARY CAREGIVER (Caregiver Attestation & photo ID Required

select one if you select caregiver you can not grow if you slect patient you can grow. not both SELECT ONE

In the U.S. legal system, everything is legal until it is made illegal through a law. Marihuana, was made illegal, with a few exception. Michigan voters enacted a law that give the people of Michigan a new right, to use marijuana to treat serious medical conditions. This law created two classes for marijuana, medical and recreational. The law put bounds on the new right. To avoid arrest, you can not sell to someone that does not have a approved medical condition, you can only grow 12 plants per patient, you must have less than 2.5 oz of usable marijuana per patient, and there is a list of other things you can not do in section 7, ie no smoking in public. Since in the U.S. everything is legal until made illegal and medical marijuana is now a new legal right and patients are allowed to transfer, the law does not have to spell it out. But for it to be illegal, the law DOES have to spell it out. That is the way U.S. law works.

the legality of patient to patient is not in the law and green leaf farmacy points and interpitations of the law are just as valied as any body on this form they have been backed up buy the law.

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

P2P transfers are covered here in the definitions section of the law, if patient A is allowed to aquire, possess, transport, deliver,and transfer, marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition, and patient B is allowed to aquire, possess, transport, deliver, and transfer, marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

this language makes P2P transfers legal

(e) "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

P2P transfers are covered here in the definitions section of the law, if patient A is allowed to aquire, possess, transport, deliver,and transfer, marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition, and patient B is allowed to aquire, possess, transport, deliver, and transfer, marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

this language makes P2P transfers legal

so can patient assest another patient with the medical use without being his cargiver?

so can patient assest another patient with the medical use without being his cargiver?

yes, but growing another persons plants are not included in medical use. some might argue however that the AD kicks in to cover patient A growing for patient B, as an implied caregiver

so can a patient assest another patient with the medical use? and where does it say that word for word and to your point a patient.

Section 4 (i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

so can a patient assest another patient with the medical use? and where does it say that word for word and to your point a patient does not need a caregiver if he is a patient

PERSON ALLOWED TO POSSESS PATIENT’S MARIHUANA PLANTS: (REQUIRED)

SELECT ONE:  APPLICANT/PATIENT OR  PRIMARY CAREGIVER (Caregiver Attestation & photo ID Required

select one if you select caregiver you can not grow if you slect patient you can grow. not both SELECT ONE

Uhhhh right in your post it shows you have the option to have a caregiver or NOT. And you get to choose if you or your caregiver can possess your plants. You Can have a caregiver and Still grow Your own plants. But all is optional you DO NOT NEED TO HAVE A CAREGIVER.

so can a patient assest another patient with the medical use? and where does it say that word for word and to your point a patient.

Section 4 (i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

A person If you are a human being, you are included.

for assisting you asked the right question.

the legality of patient to patient is not in the law and green leaf farmacy points and interpitations of the law are just as valied as any body on this form they have been backed up buy the law.

I still have seen nothing from what you pointed out that makes me think this is true. EVERY way I read and interprit the law, I still see it as P2P is CLEARLY there.

Since we all have pointed out to you where it IS written in, and you still dont see it, can you please just point to me where exactly it says it is NOT allowed?

I am having a discussion with a friend and we cannot agree if patient to patient transfer are legal or not. so I thought I would ask you. thanks

unless you rblind p2p is clear as night and day, black and white or in this case peanut butter and jam...lol...

whats up PB...? Are we the only ones that can read p2p...wtf..lol

See you at the protest 9-8-10

unless you rblind p2p is clear as night and day, black and white or in this case peanut butter and jam...lol...

whats up PB...? Are we the only ones that can read p2p...wtf..lol

See you at the protest 9-8-10

dave from what i have seen your knowledge of growing is outstanding if i had grow question i would come to you but it is not clear nor black and white about p2p transfers if it was leo would not be raiding dispencarys this dose not address p2p transfers directly there are rules for patients and caregivers for example a patient can not manufacture or cultivate for another patient on there own with out being a caregiver for that person so some of this pertains to patient and some to caregivers

Medical Use of Marijuana - "Medical use" means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, internal possession, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marihuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the debilitating medical condition.

this is yet another example you have no idea what you are talking about i was making the point about patient to patient transfers and trying to help others understand the law this has nothing to do with a person how can you be staff if you dont pay attention

"Your error in logic is how U.S. law works. If the law does not state it is illegal, then it is legal. Marijuana is illegal. Medical Marijuana, a new class of Marijuana, is a new right for Michiganders, written in the Michigan Constitution, the highest law of Michigan. You keep thinking Marijuana, and there is a law against the transfer of marijuana. There is no law against the transfer of Medical Marijuana, except for the amount that can transfer and the person must legally be able to have it.

Common law states, that if both parties can legally have an item, then party one can transfer it to party two. This is not how all legal systems work, but here in the land of the free it does work this way. Stop thinking like communist china, all is illegal unless it is made legal. We only have one law regulating Medical Marijuana, and no where in this law does it say patients can not transfer to other patients. It is that simple under our legal system." quote from another thread.

CLEAR ENOUGH YET?

this is yet another example you have no idea what you are talking about i was making the point about patient to patient transfers and trying to help others understand the law this has nothing to do with a person how can you be staff if you dont pay attention

How are you trying to help others understand a law, when you yourself obviously don't understand it.

It has been pointed out to you, several times, it is right there in black and white, yet you still don't want to accept it's truth that P2P is legal.

Your "trying to help other understand the law" should stop when it comes to points you clearly dont understand.

For the record, you are the ONLY person I have seen so far, that has read the law, and came up with the P2P is illegal theory.

I have to think you must have some personal reason to want people to think that P2P is not allowed. (maybe so they come to you instead thinking it is safer?) Otherwise, by now, you would have admitted you might just be wrong. I mean only 99% of the people here disagree with you on this subject. Whats that say?

Can you at least admit that maybe, just maybe you are not interpreting this law correctly?

How are you trying to help others understand a law, when you yourself obviously don't understand it.

It has been pointed out to you, several times, it is right there in black and white, yet you still don't want to accept it's truth that P2P is legal.

Your "trying to help other understand the law" should stop when it comes to points you clearly dont understand.

For the record, you are the ONLY person I have seen so far, that has read the law, and came up with the P2P is illegal theory.

I have to think you must have some personal reason to want people to think that P2P is not allowed. (maybe so they come to you instead thinking it is safer?) Otherwise, by now, you would have admitted you might just be wrong. I mean only 99% of the people here disagree with you on this subject. Whats that say?

Can you at least admit that maybe, just maybe you are not interpreting this law correctly?

sorry you have proved nothing leo and the courts are stil trying to understand somthing you say is so clear they seam to think its not why do you think that is because its unclear the medical use term does not explain p2p transfers yet your 99% people use it as a blanket term thats what i am tring to explain to is you have to take it apart to understand it

Archived