I Smoke Marijuana

Meds help my acid reflux!

I get it so bad sometimes that I wake up to a wet pillow. I just hang over the sink in like a zombie mode and it gets so bad the 3 drips a second turns into a pretty steady flow of stomach acid and saliva..

Then my stomach tightens/cramps up causing a good amount of pain.

I am not sure what food (if any) causes this to me. I have tried ALL of the prescription strength as well as some of the "over the counter" types of pills for acid reflux, and I have changed my diet drastically several times to try and pin-point the problem.

The truth be told that no matter how bad it makes me feel the fastest way I can get rid of it is by smoking. I have found that if I slam a Mountain Dew or two it helps as well but not nearly as much as mmj does.

Those nights/mornings really suck. You can't sleep, and you feel so bad that hanging over the sink for an hour at a time begins to blend in with trying to get some sleep.

Within 10-20 minutes of smoking mmj, not only is it GONE, but I always end up hungry. No B.S. You can believe it or not however I know it to be true.

Meds help my back pain!

I also suffer from 3 bulging and several other degenerative discs in my lower back. The pain radiates down both legs (the left is more common) and the pain wakes me from a sound sleep wanting to literally scream and I cant move. After a good 5 minutes I can usually persuade my body to slowly get in a better position to be able to move more in a few more minutes. Those entire days are really bad and between the acid reflux and my back I miss out on tons of sleep every week!

I have been on norco 10/325 for 2 years now, consuming 3 pills (sometimes 4) per day. I prefer the norcos over the plain vicodin because they have 1/3 the acetametophine in them. However I prefer mmj over vicodin anyday! Being on this script for 2 years now I can really see how this narcotic effects your life. It is easier to get irritated at things, usually a constant itch on my left ear or hands and they are physically addictive. And if I try to go a day without them I will be literally un-able to move around. I wouldn't be able to do my job, or even simple things around the house are quite impossible. The pain is like a knife stabbing deep into my back over and over again and actually seems like it takes my breathe away sometimes.

I can't afford to buy mmj all the time but until the law enforcement decides to uphold the law I feel that growing at home is NOT an option. In about 2 more weeks my temporary paperwork will be valid and I plan to meet new people and perhaps find a caregiver after some time.

Well, that is my story or rather me coming clean.

Meds help my acid reflux!

I get it so bad sometimes that I wake up to a wet pillow. I just hang over the sink in like a zombie mode and it gets so bad the 3 drips a second turns into a pretty steady flow of stomach acid and saliva..

Then my stomach tightens/cramps up causing a good amount of pain.

I am not sure what food (if any) causes this to me. I have tried ALL of the prescription strength as well as some of the "over the counter" types of pills for acid reflux, and I have changed my diet drastically several times to try and pin-point the problem.

The truth be told that no matter how bad it makes me feel the fastest way I can get rid of it is by smoking. I have found that if I slam a Mountain Dew or two it helps as well but not nearly as much as mmj does.

Those nights/mornings really suck. You can't sleep, and you feel so bad that hanging over the sink for an hour at a time begins to blend in with trying to get some sleep.

Within 10-20 minutes of smoking mmj, not only is it GONE, but I always end up hungry. No B.S. You can believe it or not however I know it to be true.

Meds help my back pain!

I also suffer from 3 bulging and several other degenerative discs in my lower back. The pain radiates down both legs (the left is more common) and the pain wakes me from a sound sleep wanting to literally scream and I cant move. After a good 5 minutes I can usually persuade my body to slowly get in a better position to be able to move more in a few more minutes. Those entire days are really bad and between the acid reflux and my back I miss out on tons of sleep every week!

I have been on norco 10/325 for 2 years now, consuming 3 pills (sometimes 4) per day. I prefer the norcos over the plain vicodin because they have 1/3 the acetametophine in them. However I prefer mmj over vicodin anyday! Being on this script for 2 years now I can really see how this narcotic effects your life. It is easier to get irritated at things, usually a constant itch on my left ear or hands and they are physically addictive. And if I try to go a day without them I will be literally un-able to move around. I wouldn't be able to do my job, or even simple things around the house are quite impossible. The pain is like a knife stabbing deep into my back over and over again and actually seems like it takes my breathe away sometimes.

I can't afford to buy mmj all the time but until the law enforcement decides to uphold the law I feel that growing at home is NOT an option. In about 2 more weeks my temporary paperwork will be valid and I plan to meet new people and perhaps find a caregiver after some time.

Well, that is my story or rather me coming clean.

Four years of daily pain two compression fracture T4T5 Vertebra's three nor co a day on my good days was taking 3 MS Contin Morphine MM got me off that the side effect of that was crazy wild dreams constipation ect. Was working as heavy Equip operator at the time that was ok but Don't use medical Marijuana.Disable now looking at hip replacement osteoporosis has taken its toll.Just that it is OK to work Loaded up on pain killer but don't smoke any pot at home always worried about tinkle test.Still a long road ahead some doctors will treat you totally different as soon as they find out you are a MM patient still have to be careful Good Luck came out of the closet so to speak when the card came in the mail May 1 2009

glad it helps, but am worried for you. stomach acid constantly in your esophagus eats away the lining, and can eat all the way through. please don't ignore the issue, because the mj helps; for your own safety. just because you can't feel the symptoms, doesn't mean it's not happening

Stoner, sorry to hear about your reflux and back pain. you probably already know this, but sugars, citric acids, and spicy foods all exacerbate acid reflux. The above pleas for you to end your Mountain Dew relief is good advice. Dew has two of the three big no-no's. it may give you temporary relief, but is likely doing more harm than good in the long run. The narcos are probably causing some of that reflux as well.

i get a lot of relief for back pain from almost any strain of marijuana (so far). i hope you will be able to get to a place where you can go cannabis only, and see tremendous relief. but, mostly i hope you just find relief.

Archived