Certified Mail

Dbyrd

Monday will be 2 weeks since I sent off my application, recommendation, etc. I sent it certified mail and haven't gotten my green slip back yet... The doctor said it usually takes 3 days. :( Anyone else have this problem?

Ok I sent my app in certified mail also and never got the green slip returned I called my local postmaster. He had told me sometimes they have a sweep sheet that the P.O box holder signs rather then signing every single slip that comes in. They just sign once and get all pieces of mail said my return most of been lost but it was delivered. So it does happen I would just call the postmaster that you sent it from if you really want to get to the bottom of it.

k4

I would grow 21 days after check cashing but I would not go to a club or dispensary until after I had the card. Truthfully we are staying away from them even after the cards arrive but I would feel more safe visiting them once the cards are in my hand. This seems to be where most people are getting in trouble.

Also, the 20 day thing is generally Business days.

I hate to be the pin that pops the balloon, but..........if you are truly trying to stay safe, make those 20 days business days.

Nowhere in the act does it state that you have to wait 20 Business Days.

Why do people add anything negitive to this awesome act is beyound me.

Protect your rights under the act, don't give them up.

333.26424 sec. 4. (a) "A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege..."

333.26429 (b) "If the department fails to issue a valid registry identification card in response to a valid application or renewal submitted pursuant to this act within 20 days of its submission, the registry identification card shall be deemed granted, and a copy of the registry identification application or renewal shall be deemed a valid registry identification card."

ANY time you deal with the government you deal in business days.

I do realize the law only states days and not business.

You MAY get a LEO that doesn't want to get out the calendar and subtract weekends, and holidays............but, you may not either.

Again, I am just trying to keep people safe.

You can do what you want..............

But, I counted business days before I was comfortable that my paperwork was safe.

Archived