Hr 3939 Truth In Trials Act

Rochester Cares

http://www.conyers.house.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactInformation

please call into or write to John Conyers today and request a hearing on HR 3939 The Truth in Trials Act. This bill will call off the feds in States that legalized medical cannabis. HR 3939 tells the FDA to respect the law in medical marijuana states.

Detroit Office: 313-961-5670

"Hi, I'm calling to request that Congressman Conyers schedules a hearing on HR 3939. Thank you" They ask if you'd like to leave your name and number - I did, you don't have to. It really is that simple.

Please pass this along to all of your friends and family on Facebook etc, everyone should make this call that takes less than 2 minutes. Please help!

Official Summary

10/27/2009--Introduced.Truth in Trials Act - Amends the federal criminal code to:

(1) allow any person on trial for a federal marijuana-related offense to introduce evidence that the alleged marijuana-related activities were performed in compliance with state law regarding the medical use of marijuana;

(2) allow an affirmative defense to a marijuana prosecution that the alleged marijuana-related activities complied with state law regarding the medical use of marijuana;

(3) limit the criminal liability of persons convicted of federal marijuana-related offenses;

(4) require the preservation and return (if a defendant is acquitted) of property seized in connection with a marijuana prosecution; and

(5) prohibit the seizure of plants grown or stored under a physician's recommendation or by order of a state or municipal agency in accordance with state law regarding the medical use of marijuana.

H.R.3939 - Truth in Trials Act

http://www.conyers.h...tactInformation

please call into or write to John Conyers today and request a hearing on HR 3939 The Truth in Trials Act. This bill will call off the feds in States that legalized medical cannabis. HR 3939 tells the FDA to respect the law in medical marijuana states.

Detroit Office: 313-961-5670

"Hi, I'm calling to request that Congressman Conyers schedules a hearing on HR 3939. Thank you" They ask if you'd like to leave your name and number - I did, you don't have to. It really is that simple.

Please pass this along to all of your friends and family on Facebook etc, everyone should make this call that takes less than 2 minutes. Please help!

RC, I also posted this earlier.

Glad to see it again. The more it's out there hopefully the more people will act on it.

We desperately need change in the 'laws' at the FEDERAL level.

Thanks.

Here is a link to a government web service that makes it easy to contact your Congressperson.

This service will assist you by identifying your Congressperson in the U.S. House of Representatives and providing contact information.

To contact your Representative:

1. Select your location from list.

2. Enter your ZIP code and your 4-digit ZIP code extension.

3. Click the "Contact My Representative" button.

Write Your Representative

Let them know how you feel.

Here is a sample letter, feel free to cut and paste.

I am writing to urge you to do all you can to support and hasten scheduling of a hearing on H.R.3939 - Truth in Trials Act. H.R.3939 would end the conflict between outmoded Federal law and our more progressive Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. It would help avoid the undue confusion created by the current legal situation and make things easier for both law enforcement and medical marijuana patients.

This act would;

(1) allow any person on trial for a federal marijuana-related offense to introduce evidence that the alleged marijuana-related activities were performed in compliance with state law regarding the medical use of marijuana;

(2) allow an affirmative defense to a marijuana prosecution that the alleged marijuana-related activities complied with state law regarding the medical use of marijuana;

(3) limit the criminal liability of persons convicted of federal marijuana-related offenses;

(4) require the preservation and return (if a defendant is acquitted) of property seized in connection with a marijuana prosecution; and

(5) prohibit the seizure of plants grown or stored under a physician's recommendation or by order of a state or municipal agency in accordance with state law regarding the medical use of marijuana.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Archived