Officers Caught On Tape Violating The Hipaa Law

In the Lapeer County Press, Lapeer County Sheriff Deputy Lt Parks admitted using patient information from a Dispensary, and the Police LIEN system to track a cooperative grow that was busted the same night they raided Dryden for the second time (The day after a City Council meeting showed mass support for the dispensary from the community).

He also stated that ANY VISIBLE MARIJUANA FOUND ANYWHERE IS TREATED AS ILLEGAL.

So has anyone who had a record at any of these clinics contacted a lawyer to see what exactly their personal rights are in all of this?

Even if it is just one of those free advise calls?

It is the "injured party" who has to proceed against the actions of the offending party.

So has anyone who had a record at any of these clinics contacted a lawyer to see what exactly their personal rights are in all of this?

It is the "injured party" who has to proceed against the actions of the offending party.

That is the case for a lawsuit.

Technically anyone can conduct a citizens arrest for criminal activity. It doesn't have to be the victim.

I asked the ACLU attorney at the Waterford Twp CC meeting on 9/11 about any concerns and recourse Clinical Relief patients should have.

His response was along the line of patient record seizures during Medicare raids of fraudulence doctors, i.e. patient data is safe.

But after reading about how Lapeer Sheriffs have misused the data I think I'll be contacting a lawyer on the issue.

Archived