Can Public Housing Discriminate When You Have A Card?

MrKind

My Daughter doesn't have a card , but she does live in the local public housing , she went in around the 1st of the month to pay rent and overheard them discussing how they could deny applicants ,even kick out ones with a legal MMJ card. what my question is, maybe the lawyers here can answer. can they do it?

The MDCH faq admits the MMMP offers no protection against landlords or housing.

The landlord does have valid issues - an improperly setup grow room can harm the building.

He might not want to smell 'green' thoughout his building either.

You are better off taking your lawyer fee and finding a MM friendly place to move to.

-DN

I'd never be a grower in public housing. If anyone in public housing is a legal patient don't say anything. It's so sad we still have to hide like we're doing something really horrible. If I got evicted I'd have noplace to go. I've been traumatized so many times in this life, I don't need that, it'd break me for sure.

Sb :growl::notfair:

And yet another example of why we have a caregiver involved! a patient is not compelled to grow their own, or even get their medical marijuana. i know there are compassion clubs in your daughter's area that can introduce her to caregivers that will be more than willing to work with her, as well as online here in the forums. it will take time, but if she isnt growing now, she really doesnt need to start out growing right off the bat.

and i wouldnt disclose the information to the landlord, keep it under wraps perhaps until something is said.

another solution might be to assist her as a caregiver and grow her medicine for her. since you care enough to come here to these forums, get involved and find answers for her, then it may be an option.

She could just not tell anyone she had a card and get her meds from a club.

Or maybe she could get away with a mini grow. I have seen some pretty inventive hidden grows out there. Here is a pretty impressive one.

I would plug it into a switched outlet so it could be turned off at a moments notice so they would not notice the fan noise or anything.

I guess my problem with the whole thing is that a bunch of patients who have no ambulatory ability often live in this type of housing, and if just the action of getting the card can get you evicted, then what not a NRA card? or a homesexual's of america membership card?

Whats to stop them? And yea i agree landlords have the right to choose their tenant , but public housing does not. My daughter just over the conversation, she isn't growing and doesn't have a card. I'm not saying to allow growing, but having a card,,come on.

Archived