Know Any Herbs Or Spices That Taste Good When Smoked?

The basis for alot of smoke mixes is mullein

Maybe because its been used as an expectorant for chronic coughs...I think it actually helps clean out your lungs when you smoke it...go figure! And cannabis diaolates bronchia!And its smoke....figure that out! :D

There are other common smoking herbs like damiana, passionflower, skullcap, indian warrior, hops, dagga...

Those are smoke-able herbs plus there are many more

places like bouncing bear botanicals and health food stores you can buy these herbs

skullcap is part of the mint family and has minty flavor...would be better vaped I think...comes with so many tiny stems that need to be removed to really think about smoking it but it has a nice calming effect even just taking the capsules

That's the thing with so many of these herbs...they would be so much better grown and enjoyed fresh...many many good herbs besides cannabis you can smoke...even ginseng!

But cannabis has got to be the king of herbs with all it can do! :D

Guest finallyfree09

CANNABIS SATIVA!!! :bong2::bong2::bong2::bong2:

lol... sorry couldn't help myself.

what ever happened to those clove cigs that were wrapped in a grape leaf? biddis, or something like that.

CANNABIS SATIVA!!! :bong2::bong2::bong2::bong2:

lol... sorry couldn't help myself.

what ever happened to those clove cigs that were wrapped in a grape leaf? biddis, or something like that.

Our awsome gov. Put a ban on clove cigarettes .... Saying the sweet smell attracts kids and is targeted to make them start smoking.... They did the same with flavored cigarrets an flavored rolling papers now if ya notice when ya go to a shop to get flavored papers it says for use with legal herbs only.... The whole thing is rediculas if you ask me!

Guest finallyfree09

Our awsome gov. Put a ban on clove cigarettes .... Saying the sweet smell attracts kids and is targeted to make them start smoking.... They did the same with flavored cigarrets an flavored rolling papers now if ya notice when ya go to a shop to get flavored papers it says for use with legal herbs only.... The whole thing is rediculas if you ask me!

WHAT?!

i don't like clove cigs myself but i had no idea granny banned them! thats strange because a friend of mine walked all around ann arbor during hashbash puffing away on one.

when is govt going to learn that you cannot protect children from ANY substance by banning it? cannabis has been illegal my whole life but i'll be darned if i didn't have my hands on it before i even made it out of middle school. bunch of fools anyways.

Here is a list I put together for herbs to use in my vaporizer! If you have ever been to one of our public cc meetings, you may have seen my volcano demo using these same herbs!

CHAMOMILE

Temperature: 6 190 degrees C 374 degrees F

Main properties: Anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, relaxant, bitter, nervine

Chamomile grows wild in Europe and West Asia. Related species are found in North America and Africa. Its flowers help to ease digestion, nervousness, depression and headaches, being ideal for emotion related problems such as peptic ulcers, colitis, spastic colon, IBS and nervous digestion. Chamomile’s essential oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and anti-microbial activity. It is an excellent herb for many digestive disorders and for nervous tension and irritability.

EUCALYPTUS

Temperature: 1 130 degrees C 266 degrees F

Main properties: Antiseptic, expectorant, stimulates local blood flow, anti-fungal.

Eucalyptus is native from Australia, where it comprises more than 75% of all trees. A traditional aboriginal remedy, eucalyptus is a powerful amtiseptic used all over the world for relieving coughs and colds, sore throats and other infections. The leaves ook the body and relieve fever. Eucaliptol, one of the substances found in the essential oil, is one of the main constituents of many existing commercial formula’s of chest rubs for colds. The essential oil has a strong anti-biotic, anti-viral and anti-fungal action.

LAVENDAR

Temperature: 1 130 degrees C 266 degrees F

Main properties: Relieves muscle spasms, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and stimulates blood flow.

Lavender is native to the Mediterranean region and is cultivated in France, Spain and elsewhere. It has been used for aromatic purposes by the Romans in washing water and baths. This herb has uses in culinary, cosmetics and medicine. It is effective to cure headaches, especially when related to stress and to clear depression. Externally, lavender oil has been used as a stimulating liniment to heal ease aches and pains of rheumatism.

LEMON BALM

Temperature: 2 142 degrees C 288 degrees F

Main properties: Blood circulation, headache relief and vertigo

Lemon Balm relaxes the nervous system producing sleep. It is used for epilepsy, nerve disorders, insomnia, fainting, migraine headaches and vertigo. It works simultaneously on the digestive system for intestinal maladies like stomach afflictions and flatulence. Lemon balm is also used for heart palpitations and to increase blood circulation.

PASSION FLOWER

Temperature: 3 154 degrees C 309 degrees F

Main properties: Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, hypotensive sedative, tranquilizing.

Passiflora is natural from the north of America. The herb has valuable sedative and tranquilizing properties and has a long use as a medicine in Central and North America herbal traditions, being taken in Mexico for insomnia, epilepsy and insomnia. The leaves are an ingredient in many pharmaceutical products to treat nervous disorders such as heart palpitations, anxiety, convulsions and sometimes high blood pressure. It is also used to prevent spasms from whooping cough, asthma and other diseases.

PEPPERMINT

Temperature: 4 166 degrees C 331 degrees F

Main Properties: Relieves muscle spasms, increases sweating, antiseptic

Peppermints origin is a mystery, but it has been in existence for a long time-dried leaves were found in Egyptian pyramids dating from around 1000BC. It was highly valued by the Greeks and Romans but only became popular in Western Europe in the 18th century. Peppermint helps with indigestion and relaxes the muscles of the digestive tract. Peppermints chief therapeutic value lies in its ability to relieve wind, flatulence, bloating and colic, though it has many other applications. Studies have shown that it relieves colon spasms and helps to cure ulcers. Peppermint also eases nervous headaches.

RASPBERRY LEAF

Main properties: In pregnant woman it has been found to help with nausea, ease of labor, delivery and post partum recovery. But also is used widely with colds, sore throats and upset stomachs.

Raspberry bushes are native to North America but are cultivated in other countries including Canada. Although it is best known for its red berries, raspberry leaves have a number of medical applications. They have been used in conjunction with the common cold, sore throats, diarrhea, pregnancy and postpartum support.

SAGE

Main properties: Astringent, antiseptic, aromatic, carminative, estrogenic, reduces sweating, tonic.

Sage grows from the north to central Spain and west of Balkans and Asia. It was used in Crete in 1600 AD to clear throat inflammation, one its most popular uses today. Its leaves are a well known cold germ and flu fighter. It has been found to be very effective to reduce many physical emissions like sweating and is an excellent remedy for sore throats, poor digestion and irregular periods. It is also taken as a gently stimulating tonic. It has a slightly warm, noticeably bitter and astringent taste.

SPEARMINT

Temperature: 3 154 degrees C 309 degrees F

Main properties: antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, fabulous for digestive concerns (upset stomach, nausea, morning sickness, flatulence, indigestion, colic, etc.) Deodorant, uplifting, revitalizing, cooling and a wonderful pick me up, great for stress relief, respiratory issues, colds, flus and fever.

Widely used in the food and drink industry as well as in cosmetics, tooth care products, etc. However, peppermint is more often used as a flavoring agent. Spearmint is a popular culinary herb and was a favorite at bath time with the ancient Greeks.

THYME

Temperature: 6 190 degrees F 374 degrees F

Main properties: Antiseptic, tonic, relives muscles spasms, expectorant.

Thyme occurs in the west Mediterranean to the southwest Italy. The herb was known to the Sumerians used by the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. Thyme was praised by the herbalist Nicholas Culpeper (1616-1654) as “a notable strengthener of the lungs.” Its main medicinal application is in treating coughs and clearing congestions. Many current formulas for mouth washes and vapor rubs contain thymol, one of the constituents found in thyme. It also improves digestion and destroys intestinal parasites.

• 1 month later...

The topic says taste good when smoked

Never tried that. Vaporized however.....

I found this book to be very informative on the subject, written by an Iranian who is a 7th generation herbalist, he's also authored a few other good books. ;) He also is the inventor of the Vapir Vaporizer.

this book is a must read for anyone who owns a vaporizer. Chronicling the history of smoking and vaporization, the different types of vaporizers, how they work as well as different herbs and their benefits when vaporized are all analyzed.

Vapor: The Art And Science Of Inhaling Pure Plant Essences

vaport.jpg

Archived