Patient And Caregiver?

potomistic

Hi all. I am new to this site, as of today, and did not see anything on this topic. Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I have a caregiver that kind of wants to keep my card, but I am interested in becoming a caregiver as well. Can I leave him as my caregiver and become a caregiver myself? Thank you all

Hi all. I am new to this site, as of today, and did not see anything on this topic. Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I have a caregiver that kind of wants to keep my card, but I am interested in becoming a caregiver as well. Can I leave him as my caregiver and become a caregiver myself? Thank you all

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

yes, you may "leave" your caregiver and become your own caregiver. there will be a $10 charge.

the form can be found here:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdch/Medical_Marihuana_Change_Form_3-27-09_272850_7.pdf

The MDCH can flag suspicious applications - trying to be a CG growing for 5 patients, while having a CG grow for you is kind of contrary to the MDCH vision of people using the MMMP.

Like BG said - leave your CG, grow your own meds, and care for 5 patients - like a smart person would do.

Playing the pyramid scheme of chaining CGs and playing "I'll be a grower, but you grow for me too!" - is nothing but a Red Flag!

Being a CG, and growing your own - you will have plenty of meds as not to need a CG.

The application BG mentions is the $10 fee to CHANGE your status - from a Patient with a CG, to a Patient that possess plants - then you get another patient to nominate you as their CG - then THEY will send in a $10 fee to make you their CG.

-DN

The MDCH can flag suspicious applications - trying to be a CG growing for 5 patients, while having a CG grow for you is kind of contrary to the MDCH vision of people using the MMMP.

Like BG said - leave your CG, grow your own meds, and care for 5 patients - like a smart person would do.

Playing the pyramid scheme of chaining CGs and playing "I'll be a grower, but you grow for me too!" - is nothing but a Red Flag!

Being a CG, and growing your own - you will have plenty of meds as not to need a CG.

The application BG mentions is the $10 fee to CHANGE your status - from a Patient with a CG, to a Patient that possess plants - then you get another patient to nominate you as their CG - then THEY will send in a $10 fee to make you their CG.

-DN

is it really a red flag? what if your crop dies, then you have a caregiver to fall back on, part of ensuring the "uninterrupted supply" would be more likely the case, as it is your responsibility as a caregiver to have those precautions in place.

I appreciate the info from you all. I will probably end up pulling my card from him and assist him in getting another. My caregiver and I were planning on starting a club in the near future and do not want any extra attention. I am sure that eventually getting a few cards will not be an issue. Thanks again.