Candidate Debate : Michigan Attorney General

Buck Naykid

http://video.wkar.org/video/1598965641/

DOWNLOAD MP4 HERE
Real Player Link
Program: Off the RecordEpisode: Election Edition - 4013 - 9/24/10
Candidate Debate: Michigan Attorney General. Bill Schuette ® is a former appeals court judge. David Leyton (D) is the current Genesee County prosecutor. Senior capitol correspondent Tim Skubick anchors a no-rules conversation between the two candidates for Michigan's top law enforcement office, as they face off in what may be their only televised debate.

Great find Buck. Typical, they both voted against it. The democrat said he will decide how to interpret the new law for us, but in typical stateist fashion would never answer directly that he voted against it. The republican says he is against our decision to have MMJ. They both want us to say it is OK for them to make personal medical decisions for us.

So, we have a democrat and a republican who both hate individual human rights, deciding for individual humans what medications they should use.

Where have we heard this song before? Can we get a candidate who will stand to protect the rights of us individual human beings?

The earth needs to be a place with more compassion for individual human beings, not the hatred of our individual human rights you hear all through this interview. There is no place for having an attorney general who hates individual human rights.

This is totally unacceptable to us individual human beings who are being sacrificed, for those ruling individual human's ideas of what is correct for us to choose.

They are supposed to protect us individual humans, not rule over us and choose for us, or lock us up ur destroy our families and lives us or kill us because we disagree with them (and we are peaceful citizens who have not infringed on another human being's rights).

Maybe you are in one of the groups that these two are pandering to for votes. Please hear us. Either choice here is a bad one for individual human beings. It is not OK to sacrifice some of us because you want to control others who have harmed no one.

Please all you elected and non-elected officials, stop ruling over your citizenry without our consent (tyranny). Now would be a good time, before things continue on this road to tyranny too far to be turned around...

Fact is David Leyton acknowledges the voters have spoken. He also states the law needs clarification to not only us, but to LEO, we have a clear choice here people. Shuette is our sworn enemy. Leyton has a chance to be an ally. It is time we as a community put our money where our mouths are.

I'm voting Bill Schuette. He will protect Michigander's from the Canadian hordes illegaly crossing our borders and stealing all the Michigan jobs.

Hi Wayne. I assume that you are employing satire.

I think you may be inadvertently exercising a form of self hatred here. Placing yourself as a person to be disrespected by those that don't realize the intended satire.

I don't hate you .. no matter what you try to claim as a shortfall.

But perhaps you are telling it as it is. Hard to tell.

Fact is David Leyton acknowledges the voters have spoken. He also states the law needs clarification to not only us, but to LEO, we have a clear choice here people. Shuette is our sworn enemy. Leyton has a chance to be an ally. It is time we as a community put our money where our mouths are.

BINGO!

We MUST as a community whole-heartedly endorse David Leyton.

If you put the republican candidate into office as attorney general, expect to see more of the same - or, quite possibly...and increase in the amount of raids against legal card-holding patients and caregivers.

While the democrats might not be perfect, they are definitely the lesser of two evils as far as our community is concerned.

Mizerman :thumbsu:

Yup neither choice is the best but at least Leyton sounds like he will be more fair in his interpretations. Truthfully I am surprised that Cox has not sent down an opinion as his last "screw you" to the citizens.

We've got until January to await a mass "screw you" by little Napoleoon :growl:

Mizerman :devil:

IMO - Layton is not answering the questions of how he voted, or if he thinks the law is a "good idea" because those two answers would be his own subjective opinions, which as a prosecutor, he knows should not come into play. Think: how Bouchard says that the law clearly states that dispensaries are illegal. Not so! The word dispensary is not mentioned once in the law so how could it be "clearly illegal"??? That is merely his interpretation (or opinion) of what it says.

By not giving an opinion Layton is avoiding a debate about repealing the law because you know darn well that's where the conversation was going by asking "do you think the law is a good idea"! Who cares what any of them think?? It's voted into law by the people!! Instead he shut it right down by sticking with "the voters have spoken". Period. Very smart if you ask me! He clearly said in another interview that he does NOT intended to fight us, but to direct money elsewhere, like cocaine, heroin, etc. Remember, he is a prosecutor, not a career politician, so he's used to separating his emotions and personal opinions from the law. Sure, anyone running for office can't be trusted 100%, I'm not naive. But I think he's proved he's not against us by the way that Gen. County seems to be the only county not having raids. I've heard of people smoking and driving and getting busted, but nothing else. Have you heard anything? I saw those Oakland boys followed someone up there but that's it. Watch this video.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/video?id=7309945

Notice he also says that he's on the committee of people who are figuring out the "gray areas". Like his FB page if you're on there, I've seen him actually respond to some so you know he's reading it. Someone named Sam Shapiro asked him about mmj and he answered, scroll down to read it. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/David-Leyton-for-Attorney-General/344580203342

Hi Wayne. I assume that you are employing satire.

I think you may be inadvertently exercising a form of self hatred here. Placing yourself as a person to be disrespected by those that don't realize the intended satire.

I don't hate you .. no matter what you try to claim as a shortfall.

But perhaps you are telling it as it is. Hard to tell.

I kept wondering if Schutte himself was utilizing satire when he made that statement PB. I know I sure was laughing. :lol:

Archived